DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky Ultra + Smart controller?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I am thinking of treating myself to a Smart Controller, more for convenience but also because I want to take some timelapse stills of myself walking my dogs over different terrain. I feel that the Smart controller is less conspicuous and easier if I am walking at the same time.
What I would like to know is will I have to keep bind the Smart Controller and the Crystalsky every time I swap from one to the other? This could be a pain in the butt having to keep binding each of the 2 controllers each time.

Reactions: old man mavic
you can have two controllers bound to the M2P, but one is the master controller, and the other one is a buddy controller, so one person can concentrate on just flying the drone, while the other can control the camera ,its also a way of giving new pilots a chance to learn, without the risk of the drone being damaged ,if things are going wrong then the master can take over just by putting in a stick input, and this will disable the other controller,.so you would still need to link them individually the way you want to use them

you can have two controllers bound to the M2P, but one is the master controller, and the other one is a buddy controller, so one person can concentrate on just flying the drone, while the other can control the camera ,its also a way of giving new pilots a chance to learn, without the risk of the drone being damaged ,if things are going wrong then the master can take over just by putting in a stick input, and this will disable the other controller,.so you would still need to link them individually the way you want to use them
So I think you are saying this is no good for my purpose then. I want to be able to use either independantly. I.e. if I am using the CS (with the standard controller) then I wouldn't have the Smart Controller with me and vice versa. If the Master is for example the CS (with the standard controller) and I left it at home and took the Smart Controller would it not assume Master when I turned it on? How do you tell which is a master or buddy?

i dont have a M2P or zoom, but i believe if you want to have the two RCs connected at the same time, then you have to set this up in the app ,and choose which one you want as the master
whether this setting then reverts back to normal single RC i am not sure ,i guess you would have to try it and see sorry i cant be more help

If you are just using one at a time it doesn't matter, it will use the one you have connected at that time.
That's a relief, I had visions of having to rebind every time I wanted to use the opposite controller. I would likely never have two running at the same time.Mind you it is nice to know they have a buddy system. Brings back memories of the early eighties when I used to teach newbies with my Skyleader and buddy lead how to fly their newly built spitfires etc because they were too frightened to take off and land. Mind you at that time it was a couple of months wages for some and sometimes a year of more to build as RTF didn't exist when I started. Things have changed much as to cost, it's just that I don't remember so many folk wingeing so much... :)

Reactions: JAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78