Custom Buttons - What’s your setup?

Discussion in 'Mavic Air' started by Verizondrone28, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Verizondrone28

Verizondrone28 Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. New drone user here and the Air is my first. Just curious as I get more experienced...how do you have your custom buttons on the controller configured? I’m wondering if there are some workflows out there that I should be exploring to make the flying experience better. Right now I’m using my Fn button to access my camera settings and the index finger button to toggle between map and live view.

2. MichiganMavic

MichiganMavic Well-Known Member

C1 for Garage door and C2 to release eggs .

Jk. I use C1 for turning on/off front lights and C2 for camera forward/Down on my MP.

Alloy likes this.
  3. Verizondrone28

LOL!!! Question...why do you turn off your front lights? Is that for night flying when you’re recording video or taking photos?

4. MichiganMavic

It’s the easiest way for me to know 100% Front from rear (orientation). If I see the light, I know it’s the rear. It all depends on the weather (cloudy, early morning, dusk). I only flew at night on the 4th of July for fireworks photos.
    It automatically shuts the lights Off when you take Photos or start recording

Verizondrone28 likes this.
  5. Verizondrone28

Ahhh...gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it!

6. MichiganMavic

I want to be clear on which lights turn on/off. The FRONT lights turn off taking pictures, then back on. When you’re recording, the Front lights turn off until you stop recording. I’m pretty sure it works the same on the AIR.
    Check it out and report back.

7. Verizondrone28

Just tried it. There is a setting to turn the front lights off while recording or taking a photo so I have that set up. I tried the custom function and there's a setting to turn the lights on and off there too. Pretty cool!

8. TroutboyNZ

TroutboyNZ Well-Known Member

Why OH Why is there no option to do the camera FRWD / DOWN!!?? Makes no sense they omitted it, used it all the time on the Pro, was invaluable for landing... but more importantly spotting trout in rivers!

9. MichiganMavic

That’s my favorite setup too on the MP, and probably the most picked option for the custom buttons. Too bad they omitted that one in the Air

#9 MichiganMavic, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018