DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom Buttons - What’s your setup?

Verizondrone28

Reactions
Hello, everyone. New drone user here and the Air is my first. Just curious as I get more experienced...how do you have your custom buttons on the controller configured? I’m wondering if there are some workflows out there that I should be exploring to make the flying experience better. Right now I’m using my Fn button to access my camera settings and the index finger button to toggle between map and live view.

C1 for Garage door and C2 to release eggs [emoji38].

Jk. I use C1 for turning on/off front lights and C2 for camera forward/Down on my MP.

LOL!!! Question...why do you turn off your front lights? Is that for night flying when you’re recording video or taking photos?

It’s the easiest way for me to know 100% Front from rear (orientation). If I see the light, I know it’s the rear. It all depends on the weather (cloudy, early morning, dusk). I only flew at night on the 4th of July for fireworks photos.
It automatically shuts the lights Off when you take Photos or start recording [emoji6]

Reactions: Verizondrone28
It’s the easiest way for me to know 100% Front from rear (orientation). If I see the light, I know it’s the rear. It all depends on the weather (cloudy, early morning, dusk). I only flew at night on the 4th of July for fireworks photos.
It automatically shuts the lights Off when you take Photos or start recording [emoji6]

Ahhh...gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it!

Ahhh...gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it!

I want to be clear on which lights turn on/off. The FRONT lights turn off taking pictures, then back on. When you’re recording, the Front lights turn off until you stop recording. I’m pretty sure it works the same on the AIR.
Check it out and report back. [emoji106]

I want to be clear on which lights turn on/off. The FRONT lights turn off taking pictures, then back on. When you’re recording, the Front lights turn off until you stop recording. I’m pretty sure it works the same on the AIR.
Check it out and report back. [emoji106]

Just tried it. There is a setting to turn the front lights off while recording or taking a photo so I have that set up. I tried the custom function and there's a setting to turn the lights on and off there too. Pretty cool!

Why OH Why is there no option to do the camera FRWD / DOWN!!?? Makes no sense they omitted it, used it all the time on the Pro, was invaluable for landing... but more importantly spotting trout in rivers!

Why OH Why is there no option to do the camera FRWD / DOWN!!?? Makes no sense they omitted it, used it all the time on the Pro, was invaluable for landing... but more importantly spotting trout in rivers!

That’s my favorite setup too on the MP, and probably the most picked option for the custom buttons. Too bad they omitted that one in the Air [emoji35]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22