DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

danced with a tree

frank candor

Reactions
i managed to get tangled in a tree, flying in p mode, got close to a tree switched to tripod and the AC went opposite of what i input, wrapped itself up into the tree & got stuck 8 feet up, i shook it loose, caught it and turned it off,... a span of less than 3 minutes, started it up everything checked out, but, now I've noticed if i try to fly with the gimbal up at 30 degrees (hey whatever) it drops down and won't stay where i move it, the question; can this be fixed? i'm thinking i might live with it:rolleyes: (no refresh despite another 72 hour window to purchase being offered!) or....?

The big question is whether or not it is horizontally and vertically level, and you don't hear any squealing coming from it. Does it go through initial and autocalibration to 100%?

Reactions: frank candor
The gimbal will automatically tilt down from the +30 position if you are flying forward, especially if there is any headwind. This is due to the forward tilt of the aircraft itself and I think it is so you don't see the props or the cowling in your shot. I have had it tilt down to +8 or +9 in light wind and as much as -8 in a strong headwind gust. Like Thunderdrones said, if it passed the initial and calibration, you should be ok.

no noises & calibrates
one of those things i hadn't noticed / experienced yet with the new tool. back to the original mistake; is there a way to fly close (really close) to objects?, i kinda panicked thinking more sensors would be better, so i switched from P to T,.... it was breezy and the leaves of the tree was producing flickering light, it hovered precisely, until tried fly it sideways away ( it was really tight & i didn't want to rotate it) and it moved Opposite of input?

Last edited:
Actually the guards can have also negative effects.
My MA got hung up nicely on a 28m tall tree.
Was a pain in the neck to get it back down. Without the guards it would have ended in soft brushes below.

Still, in general the guards are a good idea.

Actually the guards can have also negative effects.
My MA got hung up nicely on a 28m tall tree.
Was a pain in the neck to get it back down. Without the guards it would have ended in soft brushes below.

Still, in general the guards are a good idea.

The cages might have helped more in a case like yours. The guards will do more of a deflection, but the cages will prevent most debris and objects from touching the blades.

How did you get it out of the tree?

it was just a little over my head in an small aspen , and i shook it down & caught it.
i was thinking the cages would be better too. ThankYou, (found some for the MP at Home despot!!??)
has anyone seen prop cages for the M2P? i haven't....i keep looking at the MP cages and it seems like there's room for a little bigger prop?

The cages might have helped more in a case like yours. The guards will do more of a deflection, but the cages will prevent most debris and objects from touching the blades.

How did you get it out of the tree?
Not in my case, it good hung up on the cage [emoji3] which was on.

Luckily (!!) I had someone with a large cherrypicker who could stop by on his way to work.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat