DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous vibrations (For the Mavic) Help

Special Weapons Group

Reactions
I have Mavic with 2.30 mins flight time. Today after circa 30 minutes i got a serious issue which made me land the craft immediately. The Mavic is vibrating as if something had happened to one of the motors. I i thought ir was the extra prop guards that caused the issue, but no. Changed to new props same issue. When wiewed from above it seems like one of the props RF is moving slower than the other three. Its the first time i fly since the last (newest) upgrade,
I have a short movie of the issue. Please help i really need the craft.

I have Mavic with 2.30 mins flight time. Today after circa 30 minutes i got a serious issue which made me land the craft immediately. The Mavic is vibrating as if something had happened to one of the motors. I i thought ir was the extra prop guards that caused the issue, but no. Changed to new props same issue. When wiewed from above it seems like one of the props RF is moving slower than the other three. Its the first time i fly since the last (newest) upgrade,

what type of props are you using?

Spin your motors by hand in a quiet location and listen to any difference in sound or resistance. If so, stop and find out why, if not remove and reseat each of your props in a different position, to see if the vibration continues. If so check the props carefully or try a new set.
If it persists, don’t fly. Have @Thunderdrones take a look if necessary.
Edit: sorry I didn’t catch that you already changed props. You might want to try step one, and then jump straight to having it checked out .
Keep us posted. I like finding out the outcomes of mysterious problems.

Last edited:
Ok now i have tried, resistance and sound same on all motors, vibrates and cant hold altitude sluggish controls. I feels like a combined software (firmware) and hardware issue. Is it possible that this could be an issue. Should not affect the prop tough. Help

Probably just the prop gaurds.... doesn't look like the whole quad is doing it. High frequency vibe.

Probably just the prop gaurds.... doesn't look like the whole quad is doing it. High frequency vibe.

I agree, looks like all the wobble starts in the guards and they are shaking the craft. I would check flight with the guards off.

I'm of no authority on this. Having said that, perhaps refreshing the firmware and recalibrating IMU, compass, gimbal, etc. It is a reach but, it's typical simple stuff most can do without sending it in,,,,yet.

Thank you. I did refresh the firmware recalibrating. Will try your other suggestions too. Sent a support message to DJI just in case :)

I'm of no authority on this. Having said that, perhaps refreshing the firmware and recalibrating IMU, compass, gimbal, etc. It is a reach but, it's typical simple stuff most can do without sending it in,,,,yet.
Recalibrating IMU and compass. I had same problem .

Reactions: Gray_seagull
Thank you. I did refresh the firmware recalibrating. Will try your other suggestions too. Sent a support message to DJI just in case :)

That is it, works now thanks a million, The real solution then is to calibrate everything when an update is done :)

Ok seems this thread is not over. I have establshed some issues which i believe contributes to this problem.
If i fly with prop guards and its windy it seems the propellers and wind combined is starting a motion in the prop guards making the craft start to vibrate. This in turn is messing up both the IMU and compass, so that when i remove the prop guards the vibration is still there. After re-calibrating the IMU and compass the craft stops vibrating. I have no clue why it does this but it does. My tip would be....dont be cheap like me. Buy real prop guards......or a bunch of propellers. pretty much the same thing :)

Reactions: brilock1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike