DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Nicely done. Good editing. Very much like the transition from the "old" to the "new" over the hilltop. Use filters (ND 8) and drop to 2.7K/24 you'll get rid of a lot of the crap.

Nicely done. Good editing. Very much like the transition from the "old" to the "new" over the hilltop. Use filters (ND 8) and drop to 2.7K/24 you'll get rid of a lot of the crap.

Cheers Beast.

I've been eyeing up ND Filters, still unsure if they are for me or not as I don't tend to plan flights. I just whip out the mavic, go for a blast, grab some shots and boost. I feel with filters I'll have to fly to check, return, review, apply filter, film again. Might ruin the heat of the moment type of capturing I do. Or is it possible to make the call on what filter to use just by eye before you fly?

Cheers Beast.

I've been eyeing up ND Filters, still unsure if they are for me or not as I don't tend to plan flights. I just whip out the mavic, go for a blast, grab some shots and boost. I feel with filters I'll have to fly to check, return, review, apply filter, film again. Might ruin the heat of the moment type of capturing I do. Or is it possible to make the call on what filter to use just by eye before you fly?

Get the right filters and you can leave your ND 8 on there most of the time except for pretty dark dusk and dawn shots- and from time to time throw on the ND 16 if it's especially bright out. Some filters such as early PolarPro do not fit well and have to be put on after power up is complete and the gimbal has completed it's power up sequence - this is a PITA. I don't know if PolarPro have addressed that.

Reactions: mmee
Get the right filters and you can leave your ND 8 on there most of the time except for pretty dark dusk and dawn shots- and from time to time throw on the ND 16 if it's especially bright out. Some filters such as early PolarPro do not fit well and have to be put on after power up is complete and the gimbal has completed it's power up sequence - this is a PITA. I don't know if PolarPro have addressed that.
Exactly .... I just leave the Taco-RC ND8 on until I see a significant change in the weather/atmosphere. That way .... I'm ready to go at a moment's notice. It may not be the perfect filter for that day but it will be close enough to make recording smoother.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Polar pro has addressed that with the new filters. I just bought the cinema series for my mavic and they work just fine if I put them on before power up.

My first attempt at a making a drone edit. Some jittery frame rates and a couple wobbles but really happy with how it turned out. Never had so much fun with a bit of tech.

Fantastic one of the best!!!

From what I understand, the new PolarPro cinema series weight about 0.7g and are gimbal safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69