DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dead MPP ?

Jimmies

Reactions
Yesterday I bought NLD for my MPP, I downgraded it to 1.03.7 and also used their NLD app....all good so far

I went to test it out and powered up the drone/controller and app and everything connected fine, when I went to start the props I noticed a red section in the app and it said main controller error. This would not resolve itself with restarts

So I then went back to the DJI Assistant app on my laptop to update back to newer version of software and at first it kept failing at 90 odd percent and now it will not even flash at all

The drone still connects to the controller fine and the app reports esc errors on all esc modules

Is it a brick or is there anything else I can try.....happy to answer ANY questions...please help!

Yesterday I bought NLD for my MPP, I downgraded it to 1.03.7 and also used their NLD app....all good so far

I went to test it out and powered up the drone/controller and app and everything connected fine, when I went to start the props I noticed a red section in the app and it said main controller error. This would not resolve itself with restarts

So I then went back to the DJI Assistant app on my laptop to update back to newer version of software and at first it kept failing at 90 odd percent and now it will not even flash at all

The drone still connects to the controller fine and the app reports esc errors on all esc modules

Is it a brick or is there anything else I can try.....happy to answer ANY questions...please help!
You needed to install an internal SD card if rolling back that far. 01.03.0700 also doesn’t have the correct ESC modules for the MPP. This is one of the reasons for the creation of Super-Patcher.

Keep trying to upgrade and try to upgrade from within DJI Go 4 if the remote connects.

Which I might add works awesome, far better than anything out there. Easy install no need to tear apart to put the sd card in. Bravo Brett8883

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll try the above

At the moment it will not flash a new firmware at all either by dji assistant, nld app or dumldore

Thanks guys, I'll try the above

At the moment it will not flash a new firmware at all either by dji assistant, nld app or dumldore
Your only hope is to open the drone and add an internal SD card.

The main controller error is because on old versions of the Mavic firmware (< or =01.03.0900) the flight records were written to an internal SD card (not to be confused with the one you use for video.)

Beginning in the 01.04.xxxx firmwares the flight records were primarily written the the mobile device and the internal flight logs were written to RAM. DJI stopped manufacturing new Mavic Pros with an internal SD card altogether because they were not needed and it was an extra expense. They did not go so far as to remove the internal SD card housing and reader they just filled it in with silicone goo and called it a day. The Mavic Pro Platinum began manufacturing after this change and hardware wise they did not change the internals other than the ESCs and maybe the fan. Therefore you can open then MPP and add this internal SD card and this will resolve the main controller error. It won’t fix the ESC errors but you will be able to fly with them, there are ways to update just the ESC modules, and you should be able to flash the system with the SD card in place so you can upgrade to the newer firmware and do Super-Patcher if you would like.

Just a quick update.....I read somewhere that as a test to just try and upgrade it on a pc that has never been used for drone software activities before.....so I tried Dji Assistant on my boys W10 machine and it worked straight away, first time......

I have no idea why it worked but it did and I was able to fully recover the drone functionality thankfully!!

I've stopped the modding for now

Last edited:
Reactions: kidroc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998