DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Death of a drone

Traindriver

Reactions
After well over half a million feet traveled, almost 20 hours in the air, and 150 flights, hundreds of pictures and an hour or so of video, I am sad to announce the horrific and violent death of Dronie Drone.

He was the victim of an unprovoked attack of a flock of swallows. He had finished his final flight of the evening having survived multiple previous attacks and was in the process of landing when the birds launched one final kamikaze attack and landed a fatal blow. He screamed the entire 105’ down and hit with a perfect belly flop. He hit so hard, he shat out his SD card.

Rest easy little buddy, you will be replaced, but never forgotten.
65EF60D2-C51B-48AC-BFEA-D89C2A4E8522.jpegAF531555-A4C6-4447-809D-228CB0DEF2AC.jpegAF531555-A4C6-4447-809D-228CB0DEF2AC.jpeg

Reactions: UAVNV
Sad, but hey you get a new drone. I am still waiting for my little buddy to take a few hits from birds some time.

Sad, but hey you get a new drone. I am still waiting for my little buddy to take a few hits from birds some time.
State Farm to the rescue. I’ll probably be dropped after this, but it’s why I got the insurance to begin with.

State Farm to the rescue. I’ll probably be dropped after this, but it’s why I got the insurance to begin with.
How much is the insurance anyways? I have my MA on the way and was just going to buy DJI Care for it... But i want to make sure if something happens to my $1000 drone i am not burned...

He hit so hard, he shat out his SD card
I can't help but giggle at that sentence.
But sorry to hear about losing your quad. Especially like this since there is very little you can do about it once it happens.

Makes me wonder if there's a quicker way of landing the quad. I've set my movement controls really precise which makes it navigate rather slowly. Although fine for shooting, it takes ages to lower the quad from the sky. If there was a flock of birds with their eyes on it, the quad is doomed with it's snail paced descent.

Hope that maybe a few replacement parts could fix it for you. You'd be surprised how solid the MA is internally.

How much is the insurance anyways? I have my MA on the way and was just going to buy DJI Care for it... But i want to make sure if something happens to my $1000 drone i am not burned...
For the Air, it was $60/year. From what I hear, it’s no questions asked, no dead bodies needed. Not every agent will do the policy, so you may need shop around. It took me 3 or 4 agents in the same town to find one who would.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13