DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do any of you regularly carry payloads with your drones (up to a mavic 3) or know anyone who does? Have you heard of any damage caused by this?

Don Testme

Reactions
Can anyone offer any theoretical or known results of regularly carrying significantly heavy payloads on a regular basis? What could happen in the moment and or what could happen over time if someone repeatedly does this with their drone(s)? If any real world scenarios are known, please let us all know.

Here is a drone pilot on youtube testing the weight a few drones can carry. But, he only has the drone fly until it reaches it's maximum carrying capacity and lands. So, in his case the drone is only stressed for less than a minute. I don't see an issue with that, but a prolonged flight with maybe at least half of the maximum carrying capacity, I suspect, would cause some serious damage eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimSteadman
There might be those out there that do carry payloads on a regular basis but for me, I only do so every now and then. And when I do, it's a Gender Reveal Party with paper or balloons. Nothing really heavy and as I said, that is maybe once or twice a year (not much business for this) using a drop system on my Phantom 4 Pro v2. Outside of delivery services, I wouldn't know who would. I'm anxious to see.

We have a few clients that use the Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 for much heavier payloads without issue partly do to the Aluminum Motors being so capable of the extra heat generated. So many Search and Rescue carrying some Heavy weight items and this is an example of a Life Vest being carried and dropped.

Gear to fly in the Rain.
Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne