DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decent android tablet for today 7/10/18

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab B and it works fine AFTER it connects. But I have to reboot the tablet to get it to connect. You don't have any problems like that with the Tab A??
No issues at all with model SMT 380.

Are you talking about DJI's list? I don't see it there. But, if you say it's working fine, that's good enough for me. Do you see any pixilation when the camera move fast, or any other conditions?? Does it connect easily to the controller without requiring any other actions? Is it bright enough in sunlight.
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested in hearing about this tablet. Wonder if the 10 inch model would also work fine??
It's in this list:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

No pixelations or lagging of any kind, and it hooked right up to my Mavic Air the first try. It did some updates and was ready to go.

Brightness is Ok for me, as I like to stay in the shade if at all possible. It's probably as bright as you are going to get for the money.

Slight correction on the name. It's a Lenovo Tab 4 8" Plus. The Plus has better specs than the non plus one. I don't know how well it works.

I hope this helps!

I use a Samsung Tab A and was having. trouble with the Go4 app 2.0. Got tired of the bs that DJI was putting out so I bought the Litchi app and have had no problem with the video lag and corruption since. DJI definitely has a problem with the 2.0 app.for android users.

It's in this list:
No pixelations or lagging of any kind, and it hooked right up to my Mavic Air the first try. It did some updates and was ready to go.
Brightness is Ok for me, as I like to stay in the shade if at all possible. It's probably as bright as you are going to get for the money.
Slight correction on the name. It's a Lenovo Tab 4 8" Plus. The Plus has better specs than the non plus one. I don't know how well it works.
I hope this helps!

Thanks a great deal for the info!

My Samsung Tab B is on that list, and it doesn't work flawlessly. It requires a reboot to make the connection to the controller.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, so could there be any difference in the interface when using a different drone? I use the DJI Go 4 app. This looks like a good tablet, with plenty of power. But I do want to be very sure it will work before I fork over the cash.

It is ... don't have words... that DJI and Litchi would write updates that were not only going to work on your current device, they don't don't even warn you ... curses - My MP gets a little gimbel itsis: shaky on litchi sometimes. Compete mystery.

Thanks a great deal for the info!

My Samsung Tab B is on that list, and it doesn't work flawlessly. It requires a reboot to make the connection to the controller.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, so could there be any difference in the interface when using a different drone? I use the DJI Go 4 app. This looks like a good tablet, with plenty of power. But I do want to be very sure it will work before I fork over the cash.

I would like to know just how the DJI interfaces work. I know you can fly a Spark with just a cell phone, so they are using wifi between the spark and your phone. I'm not sure if my Mavic Air can be controlled the same way, but I wouldn't use it if it did. I have flown R/C planes since 1979 and I like something under my thumbs other than a glass screen!

For my Mavic Air, I use a USB 2.0 to USB-C cable between the R/C control and the Lenovo tablet. I would like to know if the video downlink comes through the R/C control, and the cable, or via wifi.direct to the tablet. The Mavic Pro has screen on the R/C controller which displays some info, so it's interface may be different than the Mavic Air. It would be nice if someone who knows this stuff could chime in. That way we would know if a tablet that works well on one would work on all DJI drones.

We need some help here!

I use a Samsung Tab A and was having. trouble with the Go4 app 2.0. Got tired of the bs that DJI was putting out so I bought the Litchi app and have had no problem with the video lag and corruption since. DJI definitely has a problem with the 2.0 app.for android users.

Is your Tab A the one listed as (NEW)? What is the model number?

It's in this list:
I hope this helps!

How much RAM and Storage does you Lenovo Tab 4 have? I noticed that the only thing available in the US is 2G RAM and 16gig Storage. Is that the one you have?? Thanks for the info!

How much RAM and Storage does you Lenovo Tab 4 have? I noticed that the only thing available in the US is 2G RAM and 16gig Storage. Is that the one you have?? Thanks for the info!
That's the one!

I have crystalsky, and my newest phone is Huawei P20. They announced crystalsky with "super brightness monitor", shame it's pretty dark, bad colours, bad black and the sharpness is like looking at a photo taken with superbad focus.

It's in this list:
I hope this helps!

I ordered the Lenovo Tab 4 10" Plus and just got it yesterday. So far I am more than pleased! It connects every time with no special treatment, screen is very bright in sun, and resolution is super nice. No pixelization at all so far. I decided to get the larger screen since it didn't cost much more, and my eyes sure appreciate it. I can highly recommend this tablet! Not the cheapest, but it sure works great!

I use a Huawei M3 tablet and it works well with Litchi and DJI Go. It has about 4 gig of system memory.
I cannot use my Samsung Galaxy E anymore.

See how much ram the tablet has. 3 gigs might be needed now for running these apps.

mark
Using the same tablet here. Works flawlessly, has a bright screen, and is very reasonably priced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots