DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decent android tablet for today 7/10/18

No problems at all with Evo on Android Tablets so far! Yes I have one... Just stirring up trouble... Continue on, nothing to see here... LOL [emoji38]

Reactions: bbooty
I have the Nexus 7 2013, and it still works well. However, I use it as a dedicated device. So, you can improve the performance by doing a factory reset, then 'force stop' all unnecessary apps.
Be sure wi-fi is off, and airplane mode is on

The Nvidia Sheild K1 is the only other one that I have found that works as good as the I Pad does IMHO. They almost have zero latency when using googles compared to other tablets. My latest setup now is - I replaced the DJI goggles with Avegant Glyph AG101 VR Headset connected to the Sheild K1 with mini HDMI and it's compared to nothing else of the quality you get. These headsets, two years ago were like $700 and now they run $350 and sometimes less if you caught them on sale. Not only great quality but you can look above or below them to see the Mavic always keeping it in sight. Plus it does not feel light you are wearing a brick on your head and gives you plenty of airflow across your eyes so no sweating and fogging occurs.

Reactions: conchman
I wish a list existed of 8" tablets that fit the mavic remote.. I think max length is 205mm?

I wish a list existed of 8" tablets that fit the mavic remote.
Tablets not taller than 6.8 inches (and 0.34 inches thick) from this list will fit in the Mavic remote controller.

You can fit tablets up to about 205mm if you spread the arms out as far as possible and angle them like this:

image.jpg

Reactions: conchman
I'm very interested in finding an inexpensive Android tablet in the 8 inch range that will work flawlessly with DJI Go 4. My phone had too much latency and my tablet will not connect without rebooting the tablet. I looked at this item: Acer Iconia One. Does anyone have and use this tablet with DJI GO4? Price is right and I heard that it works. Be nice to talk with someone that has used it.

finding a device to work with dji go 4 has been an onging issue for me. i currently have a samsung galaxy j3 prime and an lg aristo. these are both lower end phones and they perform badly. disconnects, pixelation, lag sometimes they won’t connect at all. bottom line is you are going to have to spend some money. dji goggles are highly recommended. they work perfectly and you can actually SEE what you are doing. i decided to get another device though and i bought an apple ipad mini 4 tablet. what a huge difference, immediately i noticed no video issues at all. beautiful display with no lag at all. it fits the controller, it is super fast and amazingly clear and bright. it wasn’t cheap but well worth it. highly recommended. i can tell you that cheaper low end devices will give you nothing but frustration. Android devices? I am having my doubts. Get an Apple. They have really good processors.

Last edited:
I use the Asus Iconia B1-770 and the newer B1-790, both with Media Tek cpu. The 770 was my first and over time, with Google loading apps that i would never use nor update the 8gb of memory was beginning to hamper the Go4 updates. I just finished six weeks in Australia while using the 790 without any problems. One on eBay and the other on Craigslist for $30-35.

I'm using the Lenovo 4 8" Plus that is on "the List". Works great with the latest DJI Go 4. Got it on Amazon used for $160. New price is $223. I turned off the amination features in the tablet, and I don't cache to the tablet in Go 4, but those are the only mods I have made.

I'm using the Mavic Air with a 32gb V30/U3 micro SD card.

I just spent $300 on a Samsung S2 T713, and will be returning it. I was trying to avoid going with an Apple product, but it sounds like those are the best.

I've searched for this and most if not all posts are months old. Anyone recommend a fairly priced tablet something around 7" that is usable with current version of DJI GO4. My Nexus 7 is not usable at this point reliably no matter how far back I roll app and firmware. Something in the $150 range would be great.. Thanks
save your money a get a Crystal Sky , you be very glad

I'm using the Lenovo 4 8" Plus that is on "the List". Works great with the latest DJI Go 4. Got it on Amazon used for $160. New price is $223. I turned off the amination features in the tablet, and I don't cache to the tablet in Go 4, but those are the only mods I have made.

I'm using the Mavic Air with a 32gb V30/U3 micro SD card.

Are you talking about DJI's list? I don't see it there. But, if you say it's working fine, that's good enough for me. Do you see any pixilation when the camera move fast, or any other conditions?? Does it connect easily to the controller without requiring any other actions? Is it bright enough in sunlight.
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested in hearing about this tablet. Wonder if the 10 inch model would also work fine??

I've searched for this and most if not all posts are months old. Anyone recommend a fairly priced tablet something around 7" that is usable with current version of DJI GO4. My Nexus 7 is not usable at this point reliably no matter how far back I roll app and firmware. Something in the $150 range would be great.. Thanks

Samsung Galaxy Tab A new version can be had for $175. I am a Part 107 pilot and use it all the time with DJI Go4 and Drone deploy.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A new version can be had for $175. I am a Part 107 pilot and use it all the time with DJI Go4 and Drone deploy.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab B and it works fine AFTER it connects. But I have to reboot the tablet to get it to connect. You don't have any problems like that with the Tab A??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR