DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decent android tablet for today 7/10/18

abadrs

Reactions
I've searched for this and most if not all posts are months old. Anyone recommend a fairly priced tablet something around 7" that is usable with current version of DJI GO4. My Nexus 7 is not usable at this point reliably no matter how far back I roll app and firmware. Something in the $150 range would be great.. Thanks

at that price point, new, you would have a hard time finding something with enough memory and a fast enough processor and video card to get it to work.

You are really going to have to double your budget

Reactions: Drgnfli
Don't have to be new. But at $300 I'm in shield territory of price. I gotta believe there is something cheaper that will work

Reactions: Flycaster
I got a cheap Asus tablet and it works flawlessly. The important thing to look for is one with a Mediatec processor. Don't have it with me at the moment for the model number.

I know of that list, it lies. It lists both my current devices as acceptable. Neither of which are currently 100% reliable. One isn't even usable at all.
But thank you anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Flycaster
I got a cheap Asus tablet and it works flawlessly. The important thing to look for is one with a Mediatec processor. Don't have it with me at the moment for the model number.
What about an Amazon Fire 10 full HD? Does that work with the Mavic Pro? Probably needs a longer lead but not sure of the positioning of the intput port vis a vis the Mavic Pro'scontroller output port? I was thinking about getting something with a larger/better display than the iPhone 6

I use a Huawei M3 tablet and it works well with Litchi and DJI Go. It has about 4 gig of system memory.
I cannot use my Samsung Galaxy E anymore.

See how much ram the tablet has. 3 gigs might be needed now for running these apps.

mark

Reactions: diver227
What about an Amazon Fire 10 full HD? Does that work with the Mavic Pro? Probably needs a longer lead but not sure of the positioning of the intput port vis a vis the Mavic Pro'scontroller output port? I was thinking about getting something with a larger/better display than the iPhone 6
I have 2 Nvidia Shield K1 Tablets that I assigned to my Inspire 1V2 and Phantom 4. My son gave me a Amazon Fire 10 Full HD for my Mavic Pro that I quit using because of very bad battery life! After reading about the Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0" I bought one and it is now assigned to my MP! It starts faster than any of my other tablets, was cheap, and has good battery life.

Reactions: jag32266
Lenovo 4 8inch works with new firmware only 129.00 got it from microcenter last one phone doesn't work but tablet is flawless 7.1.1 Android

I second the Acer Iconia One, NOTE- with the MedTek processor only!!
I;ve used it for my Mavic Pro for about 10 months now with no lag, drop outs, no issues at all.
Rugged little tablet too, I was shooting a lumber yard fire, middle of winter, around 15 below zero & dropped it on pavement, on its edge, screen broke (bottom edge, about 1" x 2"& u can see the printed circuit inside & it works as new!! Just waiting for their sale & will grab another.
Bought at Canada Computers - range from $75 to 100 bucks.

I really appreciate the responses. Like I've said in previous posts my Nexus 7 is really unusable at this point and my S7 is barely making the minimum threshold. If I leave apps open by mistake it's all pixelated.

I've searched for this and most if not all posts are months old. Anyone recommend a fairly priced tablet something around 7" that is usable with current version of DJI GO4. My Nexus 7 is not usable at this point reliably no matter how far back I roll app and firmware. Something in the $150 range would be great.. Thanks

I bought an ASUS Zen 8 for a bigger screen. It’s decent just not bright enough in sun. I use it solely for DJI GO4 app. The latest DJI GO4 update messed up video transmission clarity so I rolled it back and it works. Paid $130. I think Bestbuy and Amazon have it at that price.

How is the brightness on the Iconia? Reviews show that its nits number is lower than average.

As stated, that recommended devices page is absolute rubbish. The Lenovo Tab 4 8 was on that list and it was brilliant, and fit in my pocket. Stopped working in August last year after a forced mavic firmware update. I had to buy a tablet while on vacation in Europe. I decided that a Samsung Tab 2 with 3 gigs of ram was a safe bet, it's also on that list (and not overly cheap). To get connection you need to stand on 1 leg, wave your left index finger in the air while reciting verses from the Egyptian book of the dead. Well at least turn on the tablet last, heaven help you if you loose connection in the air. That too is starting to have problems after the latest update. It seems that DJI are in bed with Apple and that is all that the really work hard to support and develop for. If you don't have a strong aversion to apple (as I do) you should probably go to the dark side and pick up a mini of some description.

Reactions: conchman
In that price range, The iPad Mini (version 1) will not work. 2 or later will. The IPad Air is compatible per the App. Refurbished is $185

I second the Acer Iconia One, NOTE- with the MedTek processor only!!
I;ve used it for my Mavic Pro for about 10 months now with no lag, drop outs, no issues at all.
Rugged little tablet too, I was shooting a lumber yard fire, middle of winter, around 15 below zero & dropped it on pavement, on its edge, screen broke (bottom edge, about 1" x 2"& u can see the printed circuit inside & it works as new!! Just waiting for their sale & will grab another.
Bought at Canada Computers - range from $75 to 100 bucks.
Does it fit in the remote control?

As stated, that recommended devices page is absolute rubbish. The Lenovo Tab 4 8 was on that list and it was brilliant, and fit in my pocket. Stopped working in August last year after a forced mavic firmware update. I had to buy a tablet while on vacation in Europe. I decided that a Samsung Tab 2 with 3 gigs of ram was a safe bet, it's also on that list (and not overly cheap). To get connection you need to stand on 1 leg, wave your left index finger in the air while reciting verses from the Egyptian book of the dead. Well at least turn on the tablet last, heaven help you if you loose connection in the air. That too is starting to have problems after the latest update. It seems that DJI are in bed with Apple and that is all that the really work hard to support and develop for. If you don't have a strong aversion to apple (as I do) you should probably go to the dark side and pick up a mini of some description.
Lol...did the Lenovo fit in the remote ok?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803