DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decisions... Decisions

BruceBotti

Reactions
Good Morning. This is my first post. I presently do not have a drone but I am actively searching. I am really interested in the Mavic Mini. This morning I see that Amazon has the Mini Fly More combo for $399 for Prime Members. My dilemma is do I grab it or esit for the Mini 2?

Hi BruceBotti Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
I wouldn't hang around waiting for something that may not happen.
My reasoning is that if you want the next best thing you never get anything because the next is always on the horizon.
Thanks. You are right. I have been through that with phones, TV’s, etc. LOL. You would think at 70 I would have learned by now.

Another point, you’ll have until Feb 1 2021 to return the Mini to Amazon. Buy it, don’t smash it against a tree, and exchange it for the Mini 2 should it come out in in a few months.

If you don't already have a drone, that deal from Amazon is a steal and you will not regret it = even if they later come out with a mini 2. You can always sell the original. I already have the mini fly more combo (and MP and M2Z) and, at that price... am thinking about grabbing a second one. Do it! :)

DJI has already submitted the test reports to FCC. I would suggest you to wait for a month and see if it will come out. Why a month ? because the Air 2 was launched one month after the FCC submission. The timing for Mini 1 is similar.

Last edited:
I recommend you buy the mini drone. It’s a great drone and has some really features now and a great price [emoji106][emoji927]
And welcome to the forum

I saw the deal on Amazon and thought it was a great deal for someone wanting a drone. At $399 you get everything you need except a micro sd card. Personally I would buy it and then if/when a newer option come out you can always add another drone to your collection.

Reactions: 6 String Fan
Amazon has extended returns until January. If you are patient, you can buy the drone now and wait for the mini 2 announcement. If you haven't opened the drone (or maybe you can, unsure about amazon's return policy), you can return it after you have more information.

I don't think you can beat the value of the fly more at $399. at 20% off it would have to be a heck of an upgrade to be worth buying a new mini 2 at full price.

The clock is ticking (and I mean the flying season) Buy now, and you still have time to fly outdoors. Wait, and by the time your "new" drone arrives, winter will be here, and all you will be doing, is giving it cuddles ......

Life is to short. (And I'm only a year younger than you)

The amazon deals is really good. You save $100 !!! That's really good.

That is truly a tough decision.
1) Take a chance waiting for the Mini 2 and miss the current Amazon deal.
2) Buy the Mini and kick yourself for not holding out for the Mini 2.

Things to keep in mind are that the Mini is worth it to you. Even if better comes out. My dad always told me "Son, once you buy something, enjoy it and...quit looking!"
Not to mention, the Mini 2 would most likely cost a fair bit more.

One approach mention earlier is to return it if the Mini 2 comes out. I wouldn't fly it without the extended warranty though. Maybe just stuff it under your bed a couple of weeks and make a decision then? Just be sure to check out all the details and make sure you can.

Here's the deal with the Mini 2: you don't know what improvements it's going to have. There's a lot of speculation, and it will definitely have some upgrades, but they may be limited by the 249-gram weight point, and they will come at a higher price tag. That $399 Fly More Combo is one heck of a deal, and the Mini is a pretty remarkable piece of technology. I would jump on it. Heck, you might even not like flying all that much, so why wait around on a more expensive entry?

For a new flyer - like I am/was - the current Mavic Mini is just a great platform. The price is right too. If money was no object, I may have just started out with a Mavic 2 Pro. But... money was a consideration and the Mavic Mini is a great platform to learn how to fly.

Effectively buy the Mini and get the FMC extras for free. I'd say do it.

It would be hard to say what more the MM2 could offer that the Air2 doesn't already offer.

Welcome to the forums - there is only one person that can make your final decision - the guy you see in the mirror in the morning. Over the years I have kicked myself in the butt a number of times because I hesitated to make a decision and lost out on a good deal.

There lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, once you get your drone, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Good Morning. This is my first post. I presently do not have a drone but I am actively searching. I am really interested in the Mavic Mini. This morning I see that Amazon has the Mini Fly More combo for $399 for Prime Members. My dilemma is do I grab it or esit for the Mini 2?
none get the mavic air 2 :p better all round by far,my buddy has the mini and its no good at all in a stiff breeze whereas the MA2 ive flown in 30mph winds no issues other than high wind warning on the screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688