DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desires for Mavic 2

IcySparks

Reactions
What are some of your desires for the next version of this amazing piece of science?

Me:
Side, rear ,and top object avoidance,
Wider fpv options,
Faster top speeds,
Longer run times (sacrifice speed and agility with two batteries option maybe),
Blend Occusense w/ cellular LTE to extend the range and boost range/service.

Last edited:
Reactions: dewster
Pizza carrier mounted underneath so I don't have to pay $3 for delivery.

Reactions: MavicFrank
I want to be able to toss the Mavic in the air folded and have it open itself into a hover. Like a freaking transformer. ... Maybe in the 3rd edition. ;)

I just paid what I consider a goodly sum on my mp.
I find it disheartening to hear a discussion about an item that will have more features and, no doubt, render the value of my drone to be much less by having a lower price.
That's the DJI way.

I would like to see a 4s battery pack that actually had two separate batteries for redundancy. It seems like there are a few Mavics falling out of the sky or doing forced landings due to bad batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: GranpaFlyer
I like all these ideas, especially the pizza delivery...must be meal time.
I posted this in another thread but it's on topic here as well. How about a wind resistance reading? Not necessarily wind speed, but some measure of how hard Mavic is working to maintain course/position. It must have such a thing internally now or we wouldn't be seeing the warnings. Pump that reading out to the controller and make it available to apps. A graph over time would be even better. Then we would know if we are seeing intermittent gusts or steady winds and at what strength.

What are some of your desires for the next version of this amazing piece of science?

Me:
Side, rear ,and top object avoidance,
Wider fpv options,
Faster top speeds,
Blend Occusense w/ cellular LTE to extend the range and boost range/service.

I'd put the priority on the camera. Same as P4P.

I've also been pondering if it could have a cell datalink. That would be awesome for many reasons.

A better colour scheme or options. This brown/grey blends into the background too easily!

Faster top speeds are not (IMO) a priority.

More battery (more endurance and/or range) would be desirable but not a necessity (IMO).

Dual batteries that allow for emergency recovery if one battery fails would be a benefit. Dual batteries could be packaged in one module.

Side collision avoidance cameras: definitely. Rear and upward, not so much (yes, I get where you're going).

I'd put the priority on the camera. Same as P4P.

I've also been pondering if it could have a cell datalink. That would be awesome for many reasons.

A better colour scheme or options. This brown/grey blends into the background too easily!

Faster top speeds are not (IMO) a priority.

More battery (more endurance and/or range) would be desirable but not a necessity (IMO).

Dual batteries that allow for emergency recovery if one battery fails would be a benefit. Dual batteries could be packaged in one module.

Side collision avoidance cameras: definitely. Rear and upward, not so much (yes, I get where you're going).

Would be sweet if the P4P camera could be swapped on. Not real familiar with the inner-workings of the data transfer in these things but I don't think the Mavic could handle the amount of data being collected by that camera (Mavic is currently 60Mbps and P4P is 100Mbps).

Would be sweet if the P4P camera could be swapped on. Not real familiar with the inner-workings of the data transfer in these things but I don't think the Mavic could handle the amount of data being collected by that camera (Mavic is currently 60Mbps and P4P is 100Mbps).

This is in the context of a new MP - M2P so the video B/W would have to be part of that. OTOH, the MP as is has tons of processing in it (24 cores), so depending on how video is routed from the camera to the SD, 100 Mb/s may be possible. OTOOH, DJI have no incentive to do an upgrade kit when selling M2P's would be more lucrative and help keep GoPro's ambitions at bay.

(Not to say some more competition would not be good).

Me:

Faster top speeds,

Not sure it works like that

Mine would mainly be software.
1 def wind speed, with overlay graphic on map. Would help a lot
2 would like the trigger button to do look down, look ahead and third press=go back to original angle. I use those 2 views to orientate/check surroundings, and its a pain to go back to the angle i was shooting/photo.
3 all round sensors naturally. sometime i fly under stuff and i become paranoid about losing signal and RTH'ing up into something.
4 would like a radar like litchi on the map.
in djigo
5 would love a 5th propeller lol, or engineering that would mean it could limp home on loss of a prop - i fear the day this will happen

Reactions: HALdrone_1
Waterproof so we could fly more than twice a year in the UK ( and both them days I'm working to pay for the mavic). An IQ sensor so that if a retard gets hold of the controller it will not connect . A couple of contacts on the controller so if you crash it like a knob you get a 50,000 volt zap .A camera on the controller so that if you fly like a twat ie trying to down a 747 it takes a photo of you and sends to the authorities , oh and a finger print scanner for the same reason . A code key for the controller so that when your out working to pay for mavic on the two flyable days your son cannot take it over the park and fly it like he stole it (he didn't know I could read the flight log busted).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne