DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DHS and a Drone found on the border

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The DHS needs to buy their own drones for the border patrols equipped FLIR. It would certainly be cheaper than using helicopters. Considering the cost to purchase and operate a helicopter you could have hundreds of drone for the same cost.

Not to take away from the point of the story, but the picture of the drone in the story does not show a “crashed” drone. Those props were folded by a person.

The fix is simple.

Implement a NFZ for drones along the border and if patrol identifies the use of a drone in that NFZ, authorize the use of force to bring it down.

Reactions: MROJAS
@djidroneservice you should definitely look into AEROSCOPE and be the local resource to sell & service it for DHS.

I'll let you know where to mail my "Commission Checks" once you start selling & servicing them LOL.

The DHS needs to buy their own drones for the border patrols equipped FLIR. It would certainly be cheaper than using helicopters. Considering the cost to purchase and operate a helicopter you could have hundreds of drone for the same cost.

Please explain to me how the range and flight time of a drone compares to the efficacy of using a helicopter that can stay aloft longer and cover greater distance than commercial drones. I suspect they’re prohibited from buying DJI drones for national security anyway.

I suspect the government may already using unarmed, Predator type drones and/or satellites for surveillance along the southern border, but probably not with FLIR capability.

Reactions: BigAl07
Got a call from DHS regarding a M2Z we sold on amazon to a customer in Laredo, TX. (they issued a subpoena to dji for info on the serial to find out who they sold it to and dji sent them my way)

thinking it has something to do w/ this story although we will never know for certain.

not being political here just bringing out the story

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/reported-cartel-drone-found-near-texas-border-prepared-real-national-security-threat/
This moves quickly from interesting news to being political commentary and opinion. That's too bad.

Reactions: Racin8de and MROJAS
Please explain to me how the range and flight time of a drone compares to the efficacy of using a helicopter that can stay aloft longer and cover greater distance than commercial drones.

How much area can one helicopter cover when compared to the area 100 drones could cover. How much does it cost to buy, refuel and maintain the aircraft as apposed to the cost of a drone and extra batteries. Also DJI isn't the only company who make drones.

DHS had real drones that The public doesn’t really hear about. If they were subpoena for information there is something more to the story

I suspect the government may already using unarmed, Predator type drone
They do. I have watched them fly over while hunting/back roading around the AZ border. And they do have FLIR, infact OMAHA, the CBP helicopter(s) use FLIR to locate illegal border crossers. They have much more sophisticated equipment than you can imagine.

This short clip shows the FLIR equipment that those working stationary and mobile locations are using.

Top of a hill. About 20 miles north of the US/Mexico border. I missed getting a shot of OMAHA as it had just lifted off.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 42
Please explain to me how the range and flight time of a drone compares to the efficacy of using a helicopter that can stay aloft longer and cover greater distance than commercial drones. I suspect they’re prohibited from buying DJI drones for national security anyway.

I suspect the government may already using unarmed, Predator type drones and/or satellites for surveillance along the southern border, but probably not with FLIR capability.
Not only much cheaper to fly (the enormous cost in energy required for what you’ve mentioned unless there are mitigating circumstances) but also the fact that if those items were used, the political ramifications would probably be enormous as well!!! Think about the reasons for such intense interest would be...... certainly not drugs or people crossing!! Unless said people were carrying something of much greater harm!. Enough said!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78