DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you get Care Refresh for your Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom?

Did you get Care Refresh for your Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom?

• Total voters

Advexure

Reactions
Aside from the obvious question we are getting this week of "when will my Mavic 2 ship?", one of the next most common questions is whether to add Care Refresh or not.

Should I get DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom?
Complete the above poll and share some insight below with others on whether you bought Care Refresh, have another source of coverage, or maybe don't feel you need it.

If I didn't get it when I bought my Mavic 2, can I buy it now?
YES, but only if you are still within 48 hours of activating your Mavic 2 or you have not activated it yet...maybe you are still waiting for it. You can buy DJI Care Refresh for Mavic 2 either from your official dealer/reseller or DJI.com. You find it here on Advexure: Buy DJI Care Refresh for Mavic 2

What if I'm outside the 48 hours to activate DJI Care Refresh on my Mavic 2?

You're still in luck. Click here to learn how to provide a video verification to DJI to add Care Refresh after the 48 hours activation period.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 2.23.50 AM.png

Need 2 more choices:

"No, becasue DJI doesn't offer it in my country".
"No, becasue DJI doesn't offer it in my country but if they did I'd take it".

First one for me.

Reactions: Advexure
Need 2 more choices:

"No, becasue DJI doesn't offer it in my country".
"No, becasue DJI doesn't offer it in my country but if they did I'd take it".

First one for me.

I added the first one as a poll option now. Maybe if enough folks comment that they would get Care Refresh in their country if it was offered DJI would listen and make it available...just maybe :)

You can buy DJI Select first and safe 50% with DJI Refresh!

Small print on that offer to keep in mind....per this page.

For the next consumer product you purchase in the same order [ 2 ]

[2] DJI Care and DJI Care Refresh support the following DJI consumer products: the Mavic series (including the Mavic 2), Spark, and Phantom series. DJI Care coupons can only be used for the consumer product in the same order. Please note: DJI Care coupons cannot be used when purchasing DJI Care or DJI Care Refresh separately. They also cannot be applied to previously purchased DJI products.

Did that also, seems a bit of a no brainer :)

Disappointed that none of the accessory discount coupons work with Mavic 2 items, however as coupon is valid for 12 months, hopefully they will later on

Reactions: Pvitale
Yup. Bought my Phantom 3 Pro from DJI directly back in the day so qualified to join their DJI Select program for $29 and then got 50% off of DJI Care along with priority shipping! Pretty good deal.

Per Advexure's post above and what I've read, you aren't supposed to be able to buy Select then get 50% off Refresh. Can you/someone confirm that I can?

This is my first drone bought directly from DJI, and I'm seriously interested.

Per Advexure's post above and what I've read, you aren't supposed to be able to buy Select then get 50% off Refresh. Can you/someone confirm that I can?

This is my first drone bought directly from DJI, and I'm seriously interested.
Yes you can. That is one of the biggest selling points of DJI Select (and the priority shipping of your new drone order). You can only qualify to purchase DJI Select though if you have previously purchased a drone directly from DJI before. If you qualify, you purchase DJI Select first and then separately make the purchase for the drone and DJI Care and you can apply the 50% off coupon then.

Yes you can. That is one of the biggest selling points of DJI Select (and the priority shipping of your new drone order). You can only qualify to purchase DJI Select though if you have previously purchased a drone directly from DJI before. If you qualify, you purchase DJI Select first and then separately make the purchase for the drone and DJI Care and you can apply the 50% off coupon then.

Ok that's what I was thinking. I thought the guy was saying that immediately after buying my first drone through DJI, I could get select then but refresh at 50% off for the same drone. I guess I'll keep that in my back pocket for the next one I buy.

I got DJI Care Refresh and Select, hopefully i'll never have to use it. Seems like a bit of a no brainer if you're going to be flying a lot.

I got Refresh AND State Farm insurance lol. First real drone, I'm going to be paranoid. State Farm was only $37 per year with $100 deductible for $1500 of coverage.

is that just liability or does it cover the loss of he drone?

I got Refresh AND State Farm insurance lol. First real drone, I'm going to be paranoid. State Farm was only $37 per year with $100 deductible for $1500 of coverage.
Great info on the premium and deductable!!! I will DEFINITELY be covering my M2P with State Farm as soon as my Refresh runs out. I've heard of them covering drones before, but am committed to getting it now after reading that info. THANK YOU. :)

Reactions: GringoLoco
is that just liability or does it cover the loss of he drone?
It covers everything from theft to losing it in a lake. Full stated value reimbursement. I already have State Farm so it was an easy add-on, but I've heard that if you don't already have coverage with them it'll be $60, apparently that's the lowest they can charge? Oh yeah, not available in Cali.

Edit: this doesn't actually add any liability insurance. It's purely for replacing the drone if it's lost, stolen, or destroyed.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Great info on the premium and deductable!!! I will DEFINITELY be covering my M2P with State Farm as soon as my Refresh runs out. I've heard of them covering drones before, but am committed to getting it now after reading that info. THANK YOU. :)
My insurance lady had recently heard of the coverage (probably insurance industry gossip after thousands of M2P owners flocked to them lol) but still had to look it up on their system, and I watched her. It confirmed not available in California, and is for the drone, attached accessories like cameras, and the remote.

I actually first heard about the coverage after reading around on multiple drone forums. The only negative I've heard is that if you file a claim it could potentially raise your homeowners premiums, but there was some debate on that and I forgot to confirm. I still need to email some photos to my insurance lady when my drone arrives today so I'll ask when I do that.

Call you car insurance provider, it's likely they cover your drone for far less than what DJI asks AND they don't ask for flight logs or the drone body. It's personal property to them, they've been insuring that for decades. If you lose/break the drone they'll write you a check for the cost of a replacement and that's that. I have State Farm and it cost $60/year to cover 2 Mavic Pro's that I own. The one downside is that if you make a claim too early or too often they'll drop you and you'll have to find another way to insure your drone.

I'm not an insurance expert, but my understanding is that if you try to use your regular auto insurance, renter's insurance, homeowners, etc, you may have issues with "replacement cost", depreciated value, etc. The State Farm personal articles policy or whatever it's called is preferred specifically because it's a stated value policy. If I elect $1500 in coverage, they give me $1500, not whatever the adjusters think it's worth when it goes AWOL in a year or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31