DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different props - altitude drops?

Eka

Reactions
Might be connected to altitude drops. Would love to hear from pilots which had issues, which props they had. Not my video

Last edited:
Reactions: IS3
I don’t think that’s it. My stock props are series f3 on the undashed and g1 and c3 on the dashed. I’ve faced the uncommanded descent.

well i don't think that the mould no has any bearing ,i just opened 5 packs of spare props all from DJI, 3 that came with the drone and 2 that i purchased afterwards
this is what i found there are 4 props in each pack 2 CW 2 CC in two packs they were all numbered B3 B4 one pack F1 G2 one pack B4 G2 and the last one was C1 C1 so the numbers are random

Reactions: bumper
well i don't think that the mould no has any bearing ,i just opened 5 packs of spare props all from DJI, 3 that came with the drone and 2 that i purchased afterwards
this is what i found there are 4 props in each pack 2 CW 2 CC in two packs they were all numbered B3 B4 one pack F1 G2 one pack B4 G2 and the last one was C1 C1 so the numbers are random
Just wondering what sort of testing you’ve done or source of information you found to make you claim that the revision Code has no bearing on the props performance.
Pretty sure the mold markings indicate a revision level. It’s even possible It indicates different polymer formulations.

I’m guessing the codes are injection mould tool identifiers.
SInce DJI probably makes 100 of thousands (millions?) of these I don't think that F1 could identify an individual mold.
It seems logical that it would be the revision, but who knows?

SInce DJI probably makes 100 of thousands (millions?) of these I don't think that F1 could identify an individual mold.

from dji forum bots:

Propellers casted in different molds and mold cavities (there are four mold cavities in one mold) are slightly different. The letters are used for distinguishing between molds, while the numbers are used for distinguishing between mold cavities.
The two propellers of the same Mavic Mini motor must be casted in the same mold with the same mold cavities to ensure that the two propellers are exactly the same.

Just wondering what sort of testing you’ve done or source of information you found to make you claim that the revision Code has no bearing on the props performance.
Pretty sure the mold markings indicate a revision level. It’s even possible It indicates different polymer formulations.
well lets put it this way, i inspected all the props carefully for any differences they all had the same model no on them and they all seemed to have the same profile and amount of flex and the hubs were all the same

from dji forum bots:

Propellers casted in different molds and mold cavities (there are four mold cavities in one mold) are slightly different. The letters are used for distinguishing between molds, while the numbers are used for distinguishing between mold cavities.
The two propellers of the same Mavic Mini motor must be casted in the same mold with the same mold cavities to ensure that the two propellers are exactly the same.
so if i had a pack of 4 props, both CC props should have the same numbers ie say B4 and also the two CW props have the same numbers ie say F2 as only a pair of props go on a specific motor

so if i had a pack of 4 props, both CC props should have the same numbers ie say B4 and also the two CW props have the same numbers ie say F2 as only a pair of props go on a specific motor

I think it's referring to the two prop sections on each motor.

I think it's referring to the two prop sections on each motor.
it would be interesting to know if one mold makes 4 CC props or two of each, in all my packs there were some with the same mould no, and some with different no for each pair of props

They are not random!

They don’t make 1 prop per mold cycle.
One mold could make 20 or 50 or more every cycle. And they don’t have only one F Mold. They might have 10 F Molds.

i think that this thread has got somewhat out of context,and to that end i will make one more effort to say what i have found whether it is correct or not
i have seen a video of a factory in China where they make props for drones and i am familiar with injection molding dies, the point i am trying to make is DJI just get thousands of CCW and CW props from their suppliers and there are many molds that make them
in each pack of 4 props it is just luck which mold made them there is no set pattern to which number you get all i do know is that in any given pack
the two CCW are from the same mold and the two CW are also from the same mold, but sometimes the mold numbers are the same and sometimes they are different
whether that could make a difference on how it flies is another matter

Last edited:
Reactions: Guarf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet