Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsh1

Reactions
Hi all,

In mini 3 pro there was a parameter in DH to disable forced landing:

bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect
to 0

Any idea how to disable forced landing in mini 4 pro?

Thanks
Alex

There is another parameter called
Why not just return home before the battery drops so low? Do you drive 50 miles after your low fuel light comes on while passing several gas stations?

The car does not stop if a low fuel light comes on, does it?
When flying long distances, this is a must in my view.

Can we please now move on to my question rather than discussing why I am doing it?
There is an option to do it in mini 3. Is there such option in mini 4?

Can we please now move on to my question rather than discussing why I am doing it?
Trying to squeeze your dront to zero Percent battery or below is tricky but it can be done.
The moment you get the forced landing you want to be as high as possible and you want to cancel the landing of course but you also want to keep the stick up the entire time . So your timing is critical if you leave off the stick for a second the forced landing wil come back immediately.

Try a practice hover and see how long you can keep it up in the air, as I dont think there will be a fix anytime soon.

We do this a lot to keep the drone in the air as long as possible to capture the ligthning in the sky.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

Trying to squeeze your dront to zero Percent battery or below is tricky but it can be done.
The moment you get the forced landing you want to be as high as possible and you want to cancel the landing of course but you also want to keep the stick up the entire time . So your timing is critical if you leave off the stick for a second the forced landing wil come back immediately.

Try a practice hover and see how long you can keep it up in the air, as I dont think there will be a fix anytime soon.

We do this a lot to keep the drone in the air as long as possible to capture the ligthning in the sky.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,
Many thanks for your suggestion.
I was really hoping to completely disable it, but looks like keeping the stick up all the time is the only solution.

If it runs out of gas after giving you the warning - YES IT WILL STOP!!! Now to REALLY answer your question: pay attention to the warnings and battery meter!!

If it runs out of gas after giving you the warning - YES IT WILL STOP!!! Now to REALLY answer your question: pay attention to the warnings and battery meter!!
As many times as the low fuel gauge has come on, my car never run out of petrol completely.
Look, I take all risks here and no need for a lecture on moral. Do you have anything to add on the subject?

Look, I take all risks here and no need for a lecture on moral. Do you have anything to add on the subject?

All the risk? Not unless you're flying in complete isolation, entirely away from all people, wildlife, and property.

If you ask for input, don't complain when you get it. This is a forum. It's perfectly appropriate for someone to comment when common sense and safety are being skirted.

By the way, every time you run a battery down to near zero SOC, you're reducing the flight time you'll have available the next time you use that battery. You'll be squeezing the last bit of juice out of an ever shrinking lemon, and making ever shorter flights.

I don't think it should do a forced landing when you're still connected. Only when it's disconnected.

I don't think it should do a forced landing when you're still connected. Only when it's disconnected.

Forced landings are related to very low battery levels and have nothing to do with whether the drone is connected or not.
Most forced landings are when the drone is still connected.

I know but they should be. If your connected and close to the home point a forced landing can cause you to crash.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
If your battery level gets down to very low levels, it's programmed to force land, to prevent it from falling out of the sky uncontrollably.
Whether it's connected or not is irrelevant.
If you run the battery level down that far and haven't brought the drone home, that's on you.

All the risk? Not unless you're flying in complete isolation, entirely away from all people, wildlife, and property.

If you ask for input, don't complain when you get it. This is a forum. It's perfectly appropriate for someone to comment when common sense and safety are being skirted.

By the way, every time you run a battery down to near zero SOC, you're reducing the flight time you'll have available the next time you use that battery. You'll be squeezing the last bit of juice out of an ever shrinking lemon, and making ever shorter flights.

The drone is flying over water or in the mountains away from people and I am not asking comments over safety. I am merely asking HOWTO.
This is only used for very long haul flights and not every time. No assumptions please.

I am not asking comments over safety. I am merely asking HOWTO.
There is no way.
So knowing what your drone is going to do, it's up to you to manage your flight so that you don't end up having a forced landing somewhere you don't want it.

Reactions: QuaiOui
There is no way.
So knowing what your drone is going to do, it's up to you to manage your flight so that you don't end up having a forced landing somewhere you don't want it.

Ok. At least that's the answer. It is possible to disable forced lading in mini 3 pro and I am hoping it would be possible to do it in mini 4 pro. The point is that this is an advanced option and should be used very carefully.

At this stage there is a "fix" keeping stick "going up" up to keep the drone at the same altitude when a forced landing has been activated.

If you're intentionally flying under bad weather conditions, is it wise to put your drone into an even more hazardous situation by giving up your battery reserve for unexpected maneuvering and landing requirements?

Why not just land and swap batteries?

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_