DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disable forced landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage there is a "fix" keeping stick "going up" up to keep the drone at the same altitude when a forced landing has been activated.
That's not much of a fix.
With the battery at critical low level, pushing the left stick up won't help for very long and just wastes battery power that could be used for forward motion, so your drone ends up further from home than it might have achieved..
You'll still get to a point where the battery cannot deliver the power that the motors need and the drone comes down.
Managing your flight properly is the only real solution, whether you like it or not.

Well, it happened to me as well as I'm doing test flight out of my window (laziness) and so far never had any issues with my drones until Mini4 Pro. When battery went below 10% then I wanted as usually to get back into my window, but drone decided to force landing and all sensors activated, which means no fly thru window anymore even in sport mode. Therefore had to land on very busy parking place and quickly run to save it before someone decide to park over my Mini 4 Pro ;-)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If you're intentionally flying under bad weather conditions, is it wise to put your drone into an even more hazardous situation by giving up your battery reserve for unexpected maneuvering and landing requirements?

Why not just land and swap batteries?

Why are you making wrong assumptions?
Did I say anything about bad weather?

Sometimes in the mountains I push the drone to a limit because I do not have a chance to land and swap the battery. I am flying high where it would be almost impossible to climb

Sometimes in the mountains I push the drone to a limit because I do not have a chance to land and swap the battery. I am flying high where it would be almost impossible to climb
His reference was to me < phantomrain.org. no issue with you in regards to bad weather.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the bad weather .

Note that I was responding to post #6.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Note that I was responding to post #6.
The thing about storms is there are these windows where the sky it lit with bolts of Lightning and when your capturing the Holy Grail you just dont want to land as swap until you must .

Consider you can capture over 100 Prints in just 1 minute as we show on our video, there fore every second in the sky counts.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Run the Battery to Zero and below.

You need to understand that we are just trying to save you some heartbreak and money. No offense intended.

This was a fantastic thread as I was not aware that the Forced landing was a Free Firmeare change for the Minii 3 Pro an is very welcomed , waiting now paitently for the Mini 4 Pro , could be a game changer for the Rescue Jackets for both the Mini 3 and Mini 4 series drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.. Land on the Water.

Reactions: alexsh1
That's not much of a fix.
With the battery at critical low level, pushing the left stick up won't help for very long and just wastes battery power that could be used for forward motion, so your drone ends up further from home than it might have achieved..
You'll still get to a point where the battery cannot deliver the power that the motors need and the drone comes down.
Managing your flight properly is the only real solution, whether you like it or not.
It is a fix. The best available right now.
If you do not do it the drone will land. On the water.

I have tried it indoors and it works to a certain extend. Obviously, it’s better to slowly reduce altitude if possible

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
If your battery level gets down to very low levels, it's programmed to force land, to prevent it from falling out of the sky uncontrollably.
Whether it's connected or not is irrelevant.
If you run the battery level down that far and haven't brought the drone home, that's on you.
To give you an example, I wasn't aware of the forced landing. I was only 500 feet from my house, so I could have easily made it home. But it does the forced landing, I have to keep pushing up on the stick, while it's doing all this beeping. I landed on a nearby street and could of easily been run over by a car.

To give you an example, I wasn't aware of the forced landing. I was only 500 feet from my house, so I could have easily made it home. But it does the forced landing, I have to keep pushing up on the stick, while it's doing all this beeping. I landed on a nearby street and could of easily been run over by a car.
Now you know how your drone works, so it's on you to manage your flights to avoid being in that situation in future.

• Click Products in the left-hand menu.
  • Click your drone model name.
  • Scroll down to find the download link for the manual.

The point is that this is an advanced option and should be used very carefully.
Your 'point' of being able to fly a drone until it drops uncontrollably from the sky due to battery depletion is about as valid as calling driving a car on a highway without brakes an 'advanced' option.
To the contrary, I feel the tech that goes into enabling in-flight battery calculations AND the ability to execute an auto landing is highly advanced technology and options.
'Primitive option' would be a better description of what you are trying to do. I have nothing against what you are trying to do with your Mini 4 Pro but get your terminology right and don't be a sucker for DH's sales pitch.

• Wow
Reactions: Rmcolon
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming