DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected and Gone....Any tips on where to look?

Sorry to be another frantic soul in search of help (and a $1000 drone), but I am.

I was flying up in the canyon near my house and flew following the river around a bend the drone disconnected after a frantic buckle in of my 2 yr old and loading the dog we sped off down the road to try and get reconnected. It took probably 2-3 minutes to get to the location it disconnected after looking for 5 minutes we went back to the home spot.....no dice. So we waited until night to see if we could see the lights. Nothing. WE couldn't cross the river, and all the crossings are washed out for miles. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a boat at Walmart and see if it landed just on the other side or up the hillside.

Would it have continued on its trajectory? Would it just land when it lost connection? If I read the manual right it should come home. But it didn't

Any help is big a help.

Thanks.

I will try and attach the TXT file.
I spent $29 on a TrackR GPS locater and mounted it on the hood of my Mavic. I've tested it twice in mock fly-aways and no trouble locating it. Here's a photo of it mounted. I've put a O-ring around it to smooth out the sharp edges. See photo.

Attachments

• TrackR1.jpg
    TrackR1.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Soundtekk
I spent $29 on a TrackR GPS locater and mounted it on the hood of my Mavic. I've tested it twice in mock fly-aways and no trouble locating it.
I'm assuming you already know this, but that tracker will only work well if you're within ~100 feet of your Mavic.

Reactions: Andrew F
What's true for you?

What a fantastic story. I too am always amazed at the helpfulness of people on this forum. And I am stunned at the accuracy of the predictions on where to find it. I know its all just math but it still seems amazing when it all works as it should. Glad the Mavic was recovered. I hope the OP has DJI Refresh.
Thank goodness I do! It's been gone for 6 days now. I'm having withdrawls.

Wow, great story. Love this forum. Flying drones is never stop learning, while not forgetting to enjoy. Cheers from Amsterdam!

This is one really great story. They knew where to look. And. He found it right new by. Sweet i don't have my mavic yet but i know ill have some great help out there. Thanks to all who did. Is there a link on how to read his txt file. My iPad wont open it. I like the google map. Really neat.

One question here from someone who has a mavic on order. Wouldn't obstacle avoidance have prevented this crash into the mountain?

Wouldn't obstacle avoidance have prevented this crash into the mountain?
Obstacle avoidance is not able to avoid all obstacles. There are some cases where it does not work well. Assuming you don't run into one of those cases (e.g. small tree branches, poor lighting), it should work if the settings are configured properly in DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan