DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance driftin

Jagby

Reactions
Hi!
I hav e this weird problem that when i turn on my drone and dji app from phone, after pairing, distance starts to slowly drift?
It drifts for 6meters in less than one minute. (waiting for satellites)

And when i take off and and fly for a while and press return home, drone is landing where ever have the distance drifted ?‍♂️

I have newest updates and calibrated IMU, compass, vision sensors and gimball.

Thanks!

I have this weird problem that when i turn on my drone and dji app from phone, after pairing, distance starts to slowly drift?
It drifts for 6meters in less than one minute. (waiting for satellites)
What is drifting?
Is it the position shown on the map or have you launched and the drone itself is drifting while hovering?

A screenshot (or 2) might help to show what you are asking about more clearly.
And when i take off and and fly for a while and press return home, drone is landing where ever have the distance drifted
RTH will always go to the place where the home point was recorded.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I bet you must have insufficient GPS satellite signals. The same drifting can be seen sometime when using the Google map app.

End of the first paragraph he said... (Waiting for 6 satellites)
So definitely flying in ATTI mode, without a strong GPS lock.
He says: distance starts to slowly drift, rather than saying that the drone is drifting.
What he meant is unclear but it's quite possible that the drone was still on the ground rather than hovering.

And when i take off and and fly for a while and press return home, drone is landing where ever have the distance drifted ?‍♂️

@Meta4 could this give some insight as to whether he was airborne or not?

If he said by as much as 6 meters, and the drone performs RTH to the drift location, I would assume it's updating the homepoint when it gets sat lock while airborne.

I'm asking because when I get full lock with my Satellites I always check orientation in the mini map and if the drone is not right where I think it is, I don't fly. I've never seen it off distance wise, only once I saw it off by about 30° because I was launching from concrete.

The reason the distance drifts while waiting for satellites is that your drone gains more accuracy as it hooks up with more satellites. It's normal. Don't worry. Wait for home point to be set before you lift off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn