DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI BRAND New Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone only EBAY seller

I just purchased a brand new DJI Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone never powered or activated on eBay when it was delivered I opened the box and as soon as I see the drone it didn’t look new it had knicks and scratches I contacted the seller and he told me it was new so I contacted DJI and told them the situation and they asked for the serial number and told me that it was a refurbished and was activated about a month before I purchased it I contacted the seller and told them on the research I had done on the drone and they still told me that it was a new drone and offer a refund on the drone if I wasn’t satisfied which is cool I told them why didn’t they send me the cut out serial number from the original box like they say on the post and said the never send them cause they already sold like 50 drones and never had any complaints so my concern is that they’re selling used drones and advertising that they’re new and getting away with it just wanted to let you guys know to be aware and check your serial number if buying something that’s advertised as new
I had almost the exact same experience with MidCityHobby on an M2P bare aircraft back in May, and I paid $650 for it. I needed a bare M2 to send in to DJI, so they could honor a repair quote of $248 for my M2P camera that I sent in without the aircraft, since I was still using the original aircraft with an M2Z camera I bought from AliExpress. The M2P aircraft I received from MidCityHobby could not be activated or even linked to my DJI account, because, before I sent it in to them, according to DJI, it had previously been activated by someone else. That still did not explain why I also couldn't link it to my account, which should have worked, even if previously activated by someone else, like any other previously activated aircraft. I contacted MidCityHobby and confronted them with the contradiction. I also had the date, name, and an email address of the original activator from DJI, and the email address bounced, so the activator likely made up the email. MidCityHobby claimed not to know the person, assured me it was supposed to be never activated previously, and told me that it must be a problem with their distributor, and offered to replace the aircraft with another. However, they also refused to give me the name of their distributor, so I could confront the distributor about the prior activation. Instead, I just sent the questionable aircraft in to DJI anyway, and DJI replaced it with a brand new M2P with a new matching M2P camera already installed, instead of attaching my repaired M2P camera onto the problematic M2 aircraft I sent in. My problem was solved by DJI accepting the aircraft as a working aircraft, and replacing it with a real unactivated one. However, there was obviously something fishy about this bare "new", never activated M2P bare aircraft sent to me by MidCityHobby. I didn't pursue it with them. Sorry for putting periods and commas into my reply. It makes it easier for everyone else to read and understand it. ;)

Last edited:
In my experience (approaching 100 DJI Aircraft)

You will suffer one way or the other trying to beat the system of DJI.

People try to screw them and their dealers every day. Only a premium DJI Dealer/Distributor in the USA can reset a DJI drone.

In my experience if you are genuine, and are not displaying warning signs of trouble (trying to get something you don’t deserve) they are VERY interested in helping you.

I’ve never used my DJI Care even though I buy them for all DJI drones I buy new.

I have purchased used mavic’s that needed service.

I have found that the above mentioned Authorized Premium Dealer’s/Distributor’s fix them VERY AFFORDABLY when I pay them directly.

They also (rightfully) get cash service tickets processed ASAP because they get paid immediately by you.

I have purchased from all over the world and I have landed on my favorite DJI dealer.

ADVEXURE in Los Angeles, Ca

One of the largest DJI Premium Dealer’s in the USA (the world also).

I have been working with Travis.

I believe Travis works with LA Police and other municipalities in Los Angeles.

Travis has been Fantastic!

They have preowned and refurbished drones for sale.

Very, very knowledgeable, efficient and has been the fastest turnaround I have seen yet.

They do on site repairs.

I’d look them up if I was you.

I get no benefit from this referral.

I just know how hard it is to find a dealer that is;

Professional, kind, fast and backed it up!

Phil

Last edited:
Note that according to DJI website, they do not have any third party repair facilities in USA authorized for DJI honored warranty repairs. Even if a factory trained facility does work on your quad, all future warranty coverage then falls on the repair facility.

I bought a Fender Strat on ebay that was misrepresented and got a letter from`a dealer that it was counterfeit and got a full refund from paypal. Never had to return the guitar and gave it to a neighborhood kid.It was all after mkt parts.. I bought my Referb Spark from an ebay dealer and my MA used on ebay..The MA came with a hard case,filters and 4 batteries with very few charges for $419 and they're both 100%. You have to read the adds carefully. I trust ebay/paypal.

Note that according to DJI website, they do not have any third party repair facilities in USA authorized for DJI honored warranty repairs. Even if a factory trained facility does work on your quad, all future warranty coverage then falls on the repair facility.

No third party.

Premium Dealer/Distributors are not third party.

So my Mavic 2, minus camera came in last night, and it is indeed a Refurbished Mavic!!
After calling DJI twice, just to be sure with a 2nd tech, That if the 5th digit from last is an S or R does mean refurbished!!
They also told me the date it was activated & the e-mail address, but Midcityhobby has offered to take it back, so kudos to them..

So my Mavic 2, minus camera came in last night, and it is indeed a Refurbished Mavic!!
After calling DJI twice, just to be sure with a 2nd tech, That if the 5th digit from last is an S or R does mean refurbished!!
They also told me the date it was activated & the e-mail address, but Midcityhobby has offered to take it back, so kudos to them..
Makes me wonder where MidCityHobby is getting these bare M2 aircraft! Clearly, they are not all new, and unactivated as claimed! Offering to take it back means they are acknowledging getting caught in a lie! I suspect they have two sources of supply, one questionable and cheap, and another legitimate and more expensive. You get the first one until you complain. Then they use the second source. Kind of sketchy. Exact same experience now reported by three different purchasers, including myself! Once is an aberration. Twice is a coincidence. Three times, and we now have a pattern! MidCityHobby has some "splainin' to do!" :oops:

Yes they are. They aren't DJI themselves.
To clarify: There are authorized dealers that can sell DJI products where warranty is honored for products purchased from them. However in the USA, DJI does not honor warranty for any repairs not done by them, even factory trained dealers. Just check their support site for places to get your DJI repaired and follow the "*".

From what DJI told me, its already activated, so I dont know if I would even be able to get post flight(if it flies)data to use with Airdata?? Im not sure whats happening here?? but I reached out to them to look at other Mavics serial numbers, but Im not even sure they come directly from them, It could be some sort off drop ship situation and they may not even have these physically onsite at MidcityHobby?? Who Knows?? I havent had any time to really check this Mavic over, Ive been away from home and wont get back till Sunday night..

From what DJI told me, its already activated, so I dont know if I would even be able to get post flight(if it flies)data to use with Airdata?? Im not sure whats happening here?? but I reached out to them to look at other Mavics serial numbers, but Im not even sure they come directly from them, It could be some sort off drop ship situation and they may not even have these physically onsite at MidcityHobby?? Who Knows?? I havent had any time to really check this Mavic over, Ive been away from home and wont get back till Sunday night..
That’s why I just returned mine I just hope they don’t give me any crap about it being activated.i called eBay and they said that I’ll get the full refund but I have the activated date which was 9-23-2019 I purchased it on 9-29-2019 so that’s a week before I purchased it but eBay said that I will cause it wasn’t what was listed on there post but we’ll see what happens and I’ll keep you informed

That’s why I just returned mine I just hope they don’t give me any crap about it being activated.i called eBay and they said that I’ll get the full refund but I have the activated date which was 9-23-2019 I purchased it on 9-29-2019 so that’s a week before I purchased it but eBay said that I will cause it wasn’t what was listed on there post but we’ll see what happens and I’ll keep you informed
Are you going to return it or you gonna try it to see how it works

I really haven't had anymore time with it, and I wont till Sunday night or Monday. But Im going to try putting a battery in and link it to my extra Mavic 2 Remote and see what happens. But I really dont think the saved telemetry data will be sent to my account if its not activated in my name?? More than likely its going back, he told me to try it and he will still return it. Ill keep ya posted...

so does this mean if you buy a used Mavic drone, you'll never be able to get it to reflect you as the new owner?

The warranty clock starts from time of activation but that doesn't set current ownership. You can link it to your account and that effectively has you as the current owner.

If the difference was only a few days from activation to purchase, it may have been activated to test it.

Telemetry data you create under your account with that AC will be under your account and mobile device. You just won't have previous data before you started using it. The AC will have historical data for a while until it runs out of space to keep it. Unfortunately the logs on the AC are encrypted. You can retrieve them with Assistant, but only DJI would be able to read them.

I just purchased a brand new DJI Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone never powered or activated on eBay when it was delivered I opened the box and as soon as I see the drone it didn’t look new it had knicks and scratches I contacted the seller and he told me it was new so I contacted DJI and told them the situation and they asked for the serial number and told me that it was a refurbished and was activated about a month before I purchased it I contacted the seller and told them on the research I had done on the drone and they still told me that it was a new drone and offer a refund on the drone if I wasn’t satisfied which is cool I told them why didn’t they send me the cut out serial number from the original box like they say on the post and said the never send them cause they already sold like 50 drones and never had any complaints so my concern is that they’re selling used drones and advertising that they’re new and getting away with it just wanted to let you guys know to be aware and check your serial number if buying something that’s advertised as new
Good lesson learned. Buy directly from DJI or certified outlets only, including replacement parts.

I really haven't had anymore time with it, and I wont till Sunday night or Monday. But Im going to try putting a battery in and link it to my extra Mavic 2 Remote and see what happens. But I really dont think the saved telemetry data will be sent to my account if its not activated in my name?? More than likely its going back, he told me to try it and he will still return it. Ill keep ya posted...
The "brand new" M2 bare aircraft I received from MidCityHobby that, according to DJI, was previously activated, was stuck in an endless activation loop. It bound easily with my M2 remote, but kept wanting me to activate, but then said it was already activated when I followed the activation prompts. I could never get past the activation screen.

I considered updating the FW in the hopes of clearing out the problem, but, instead, I just sent it in to DJI, as the aircraft that I wanted them to install my repaired M2P camera on, figuring they would sort it out for me. They did, by sending me another truly new M2P.

Something is hinky with these bare "new" M2 aircraft, which are clearly not new. MidCityHobby supposedly buys them from another vendor, whom they will not reveal, that buys new, complete M2 retail boxes and strips them of the camera, battery, remote, and all accessories, and sells off each part separately, leaving a bare new unactivated M2 aircraft. It appears this is a lie, as otherwise DJI would not show the serial numbers as previously activated.

The "brand new" M2 bare aircraft I received from MidCityHobby that, according to DJI, was previously activated, was stuck in an endless activation loop. It bound easily with my M2 remote, but kept wanting me to activate, but then said it was already activated when I followed the activation prompts. I could never get past the activation screen.

I considered updating the FW in the hopes of clearing out the problem, but, instead, I just sent it in to DJI, as the aircraft that I wanted them to install my repaired M2P camera on, figuring they would sort it out for me. They did, by sending me another truly new M2P.

Something is hinky with these bare "new" M2 aircraft, which are clearly not new. MidCityHobby supposedly buys them from another vendor, whom they will not reveal, that buys new, complete M2 retail boxes and strips them of the camera, battery, remote, and all accessories, and sells off each part separately, leaving a bare new unactivated M2 aircraft. It appears this is a lie, as otherwise DJI would not show the serial numbers as previously activated.
Just curious so it never activated properly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum