DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI BRAND New Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone only EBAY seller

Just curious so it never activated properly
Apparently, or someone subsequently corrupted the original activation, in a failed attempt to erase it. I was in an endless loop of requiring activation, which failed, with the message that it was already activated. Even an already activated M2 can be flown by anyone else, after being bound with their RC, and the flight log logged to their own account. That's what happens when you sell your aircraft to someone else. Original activation remains unaltered and cannot be changed, but you still have full control, unless something is wrong, like with these "new" and "unactivated" aircraft that won't fly because of a prior activation recorded by DJI.

Apparently, or someone subsequently corrupted the original activation, in a failed attempt to erase it. I was in an endless loop of requiring activation, which failed, with the message that it was already activated. Even an already activated M2 can be flown by anyone else, after being bound with their RC, and the flight log logged to their own account. That's what happens when you sell your aircraft to someone else. Original activation remains unaltered and cannot be changed, but you still have full control, unless something is wrong, like with these "new" and "unactivated" aircraft that won't fly because of a prior activation recorded by DJI.
That isn’t right what MidCityHobby is doing there’s no telling how many people are going through the same bs and me just like you have bought from them before and never had any issues this needs to be reported and have this stopped.im still waiting on my refund I’ve been tracking the package and it’s been in WI.since the 11th and hasn’t been delivered I’m guessing cause the weekend but hopefully it’ll be delivered tomorrow
I don’t know if I misunderstood but did you send yours to DJI

That isn’t right what MidCityHobby is doing there’s no telling how many people are going through the same bs and me just like you have bought from them before and never had any issues this needs to be reported and have this stopped.im still waiting on my refund I’ve been tracking the package and it’s been in WI.since the 11th and hasn’t been delivered I’m guessing cause the weekend but hopefully it’ll be delivered tomorrow
I don’t know if I misunderstood, but did you send yours to DJI
Yes. I only bought the MidCityHobby M2 aircraft to send a working M2 aircraft to DJI, to complete my M2P camera repair, as DJI refused to "repair" the camera at the quoted $285 price without an M2 aircraft. So, I just sent the squirrelly M2 aircraft to DJI, and let them sort it all out. Had I intended to keep the bare M2 aircraft for my use, it would have been an issue, and I would have had to send it back to MidCityHobby. As previously mentioned, DJI then sent me a brand new M2P aircraft with a new M2P camera, and I was able to activate it, and even buy 12 months of Refresh on it, which I did. I lucked out!

However, even a DJI refurbished aircraft will never show a previous activation. It receives a new serial number. Something is very hinky about these bare "new" "unactivated" aircraft from MidCityHobby, that they also claim are still eligible for Refresh!

They already received it and refunded my money
That is admirable, but still doesn't explain how this is happening in the first place. Something is rotten in Denmark! If you confront them, they refund your money, but if you don't, as I didn't, they are getting away with selling previously activated aircraft as new.

That is admirable, but still doesn't explain how this is happening in the first place. Something is rotten in Denmark! If you confront them, they refund your money, but if you don't, as I didn't, they are getting away with selling previously activated aircraft as new.
I know it’s not right what they are doing and yes they are getting away with it if you don’t return it but you have 30 day returns.thats why I post this on this forum so you could be aware if you buy a drone especially from MidCityHobby.well hope everything goes good for you and DJI fixes your problems on yours and get you back flying

I know it’s not right what they are doing and yes they are getting away with it if you don’t return it but you have 30 day returns.thats why I post this on this forum so you could be aware if you buy a drone especially from MidCityHobby.well hope everything goes good for you and DJI fixes your problems on yours and get you back flying
All good here. When DJI "repaired" my broken M2P camera and submitted goofy MidCityHobby M2 aircraft, they replaced it with a brand new M2P drone and camera! Thumbswayup

I installed the camera, then had to do a reflash of the v01.00.0300 that was on it, Then the activation popped up like it should. all went well, I was able to get 2 good full battery flights in heavy winds 25mph gusts. Everything feels like its supposed to. Now we have rain for a couple days, so I will put her through all her paces in a few days.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Also the small Cowl & 2 screws came with it, with the new label, forgot to get a pic of that...
Yes, there are some weird things going on with Midcity, but I believe, as long as it fly's like a new one does, (so far, so good) Really no big deal here...Actually a pretty good deal here, don't ya think??
They have always been great for parts that I use to repair a few Drones for friends & family...

Also the small Cowl & 2 screws came with it, with the new label, forgot to get a pic of that...
Yes, there are some weird things going on with Midcity, but I believe, as long as it fly's like a new one does, (so far, so good) Really no big deal here...Actually a pretty good deal here, don't ya think??
They have always been great for parts that I use to repair a few Drones for friends & family...
Why did you need to reflash the FW on the aircraft? There are good reasons not to do that, especially if it came with .0100, as mine did. Where did you get the 6 screws necessary to attach the gimbal/camera assembly? Did the M2Z camera you bought come with them (mine did not)? Buying a bare M2 is definitely the way to go. However, something hinky is going on with many of the bare M2's MidCityHobby has been selling.Glad yours is problem free. Have you considered calling DJI to check the serial number for prior activation?

It came with the .0300 and I put a Zoom cam on it, but the bird is a 2 Pro, So at 1st it kept asking for firmware upgrade, probably because the different camera software??
It came with the small connector cover and 2 screws from Midcity, Leaving only 4 to hold the camera in, 2 at the front & 2 at the rear, I actually pulled this zoom cam from my other working bird(didn't want to take a risk with the costlier Pro Cam yet) But my Pro cam came with the 4 screws. Its super easy to swap them, Remove 2 screws for small cowl or connector cover(whatever its called), Then 4 screws & a ribbon connector, can be done in 5 minutes, literally..
My other M2 Zoom is at .0300 also, so it works great that their both the same Firmware & I'm running 4.3.12 go 4.
I really don't plan on modding either of them, I have 5 MP1's Running Bretts S.P., so those are my experimental birds.
Midcityhobby has a 30 day return policy, so I figure If makes it through my first week of tests, it will be fine....
Yeah, I really think they probably were all refurbs with the S in the 5th from last digit, I never heard that before, and I think him and all the other buyers probably didn't know either? Just a guess?? I knew of the R, but not the S till this post was started by @Patrick T. , Did I get all your questions?? I think its still a really good deal, even knowing its a refurb, specialy now that DJI'S prices all took a jump higher from the Tariffs, what do you think??

This is the COWL Thingy or Really it clamps down the Ribbon Cable.
It came just like that, in a small ziplock bag along with the 2 screws from Midcity.

9 COWL.jpg

I just purchased a brand new DJI Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone never powered or activated on eBay when it was delivered I opened the box and as soon as I see the drone it didn’t look new it had knicks and scratches I contacted the seller and he told me it was new so I contacted DJI and told them the situation and they asked for the serial number and told me that it was a refurbished and was activated about a month before I purchased it I contacted the seller and told them on the research I had done on the drone and they still told me that it was a new drone and offer a refund on the drone if I wasn’t satisfied which is cool I told them why didn’t they send me the cut out serial number from the original box like they say on the post and said the never send them cause they already sold like 50 drones and never had any complaints so my concern is that they’re selling used drones and advertising that they’re new and getting away with it just wanted to let you guys know to be aware and check your serial number if buying something that’s advertised as new
You just never know. I bought a MA combo on amazon for $700 and yes it was NEW.

It came with the .0300 and I put a Zoom cam on it, but the bird is a 2 Pro, So at 1st it kept asking for firmware upgrade, probably because the different camera software??
It came with the small connector cover and 2 screws from Midcity, Leaving only 4 to hold the camera in, 2 at the front & 2 at the rear, I actually pulled this zoom cam from my other working bird(didn't want to take a risk with the costlier Pro Cam yet) But my Pro cam came with the 4 screws. Its super easy to swap them, Remove 2 screws for small cowl or connector cover(whatever its called), Then 4 screws & a ribbon connector, can be done in 5 minutes, literally..
My other M2 Zoom is at .0300 also, so it works great that their both the same Firmware & I'm running 4.3.12 go 4.
I really don't plan on modding either of them, I have 5 MP1's Running Bretts S.P., so those are my experimental birds.
Midcityhobby has a 30 day return policy, so I figure If makes it through my first week of tests, it will be fine....
Yeah, I really think they probably were all refurbs with the S in the 5th from last digit, I never heard that before, and I think him and all the other buyers probably didn't know either? Just a guess?? I knew of the R, but not the S till this post was started by @Patrick T. , Did I get all your questions?? I think its still a really good deal, even knowing its a refurb, specialy now that DJI'S prices all took a jump higher from the Tariffs, what do you think??
It's definitely still a good deal, even if they are of questionable origin, as long as they aren't stolen! Mine simply couldn't be activated, despite the prompts to do so when I tried to fly it, and wouldn't fly under my own DJI account either, like it should have, despite the prior owner activation shown by DJI. Weird!

Whether the bare bird is a M2P or M2Z, it will still accept either camera seamlessly without a FW upgrade, no matter which FW it is currently on. The benefit of the .0100 FW is that NFZ can still be bypassed by NLD in that FW version. The request for the FW upgrade happens on any aircraft when your FW is older than the latest version. Just ignore it, unless you really want to change FW versions. It's just a prompt, not an edict.

If I understand you correctly, you still need 4 more tiny screws to have a different camera on each M2 aircraft, unless you bought the M2P camera and gimbal assembly from AliExpress, and it came with them. My M2Z camera from an AliExpress seller came without any screws (maybe an inadvertent omission?). When DJI replaced my broken M2P camera, and the MidCityHobby M2 I sent in, with a brand new M2P with a matching new M2P camera from the factory, they de facto also supplied the extra set of four screws I needed and still didn't have, so not sure where to recommend others get them, if not included with their M2P or M2Z camera purchase from AliExpress.

I am really surprised that the prices of the bare M2 aircraft have dropped from the $650 I paid in May to the current $450 being charged now, despite the recent combined $350 tariff and sales tax increase on the retail M2P box! Maybe, when the current MidCityHobby M2 stock is exhausted, the prices will go back up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty