DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI competition.

Other specs:

• Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
  • Top speed of 44 mph
  • Operating distance of 16 miles
  • 360-degree obstacle avoidance (omnidirectional binocular vision sensing system)
  • No geo-fencing
  • Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
  • Autel Explorer app
  • 90-minute charge time
  • GPS and ATTI flight modes
  • Go Home function
  • Accurate Landing feature
  • Starpoint Positioning System
  • Smart Tracking
  • Viewpoint
  • Gesture Commands
  • Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz

price point ?

Nice... May be time to sell the M2P...

EDIT: I like how they mention "No geo-fencing".
Likely only a matter of time.

the flight distance of 16 miles... if that’s distance from the controller I don’t understand since from a height of 5’ the horizon is <3 miles away and from 100’ it’s about 12 miles... guess it’s just stronger signal or better antennae.

One thing DJI has had going for it was their range. If this hypothetical distance is even close it blows DJI out the water. It's about time an America based China owned company steps up. Will have to wait and see what the price point will be. And yes, geofencing is a pain. The red runway overlays make the map view totally useless in litchi. I don't think the mavic 3 will beat this thing. It might send DJI back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Reactions: adiru
Being as they are using it as a sales point, I don't think they will unless forced to. By then I could enjoy years of freedon from being under DJI's controlling thumb.
I've also been rather dissapionted with the camera which is what I bought it for. Putting the name Hassleblad on it to me is a joke. The only reason they get away with it is they bought the company...

Reactions: JS1600
I would love to see some real nice footage from an Autel Evo, anyone on in here have one or know someone that does?>

Operating distance of 16 miles? What the f...?

Sadly they don’t sell the Evo’s in the UK because of the regs and I doubt this will either with an even stronger radio transmission.

i’d be selling my mp if they did.

Operating distance of 16 miles? What the f...?

Sadly they don’t sell the Evo’s in the UK because of the regs and I doubt this will either with an even stronger radio transmission.

i’d be selling my mp if they did.

+1 But sadly, there is tiny chance it will be sold in France (or confidentially, without the propper after sale service :-( )

Reactions: adam3112
The Evo 1 is already better than the camera on the M2P, and at least as good as the P4P.

I just bought the M2P over the Evo 1, but only because of the superior tracking and signal strength, and the slight edge in night time camera quality is a cherry on top.

But if I was just going for overall camera quality, I would have gone with the Evo 1.

If the Mavic 3 is going to dominate the Evo 2, it's going to have to be based on superior tracking. Autel is almost definitely going to have better camera tech going forward.

I've even come to think that the Evo 1's zoom features are more useful than the Mavic 2 Zoom for search and rescue. Sure the Evo's zoom is digital and full of image loss, but for search and rescue and security and some inspections, what matters is being able go get as much detail as possible on your little cell phone, tablet, or other monitor.

The Evo 1's ability to zoom in 8x is situationally more useful than the M2Zoom's lossless 4x zoom.

The Evo 2 with 8k res is going to be ridiculously good for surveillance, SAR, and just plain having fun. Your Evo 2 could be 400 feet high, completely unnoticed, and with even lossy digital zoom, you'll be able to identify people and small objects on the ground in great detail.

Here's what the Evo 1 is already capable of. Now double that.

The Evo 1 is already better than the camera on the M2P, and at least as good as the P4P.
But if I was just going for overall camera quality, I would have gone with the Evo 1.
The Evo 1 camera with a tiny 1/2.3" sensor, a fixed-focus lens and no controllable aperture is better than the M2P camera with a 1" sensor and at least as good as the P4 pro?
You aren't a photographer, are you?

The Evo 2 with 8k res is going to be ridiculously good for surveillance, SAR, and just plain having fun.
Your Evo 2 could be 400 feet high, completely unnoticed, and with even lossy digital zoom, you'll be able to identify people and small objects on the ground in great detail.
Or it could be that the 586 gimbal camera is nowhere near as good as you imagine from the sparse information that's been published.
Their 48 MP stills sounds very much like the Mavic 2 Zoom's 48 MP Super Resolution Photo, which is just a stitched multi image panorama from a modest camera.
You'll note they mention sensor size and controllable aperture for their 1" sensor camera but not for the 586 camera.
I doubt that it's the high spec camera you're hoping for.

Then there's Autel's failure to deliver everything they promise.
But that's a separate issue.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
It would be nice if this were true, because it would help keep pricing down and keep DJI thinking.
However, I wouldn’t bank on another company coming up with something more powerful than Ocusync 2 before DJI does.
Also, the 35 minute battery.
If this drone is released with these specs, good on them. But don’t sell your M2P just yet. ?

the flight distance of 16 miles... if that’s distance from the controller I don’t understand since from a height of 5’ the horizon is <3 miles away and from 100’ it’s about 12 miles... guess it’s just stronger signal or better antennae.
I suspect the frequency has much to do with it as well.

$1500.00 seems really low... I’m guessing you’ll have to buy the thermal and other cameras separately? Like the Zenmuse series? You’ll be paying for the 2000 dollar drone, and if you want thermal, you have to pay another load of money... thermal cam’s are expensive! On the other hand, you can get the M2ED with a thermal already on it. And the Mavic looks loads better then the supposed Evo 2.

I don't expect a lot of love for this product on a mavic form. But competition is good for the consumer. I expect the mavic 3 to look a lot like this with a interchangeable camera gimbal system. I wouldn't expect to see 8 K on a mavic for years though. After all the Phantom has been discontinued. This will definitely raise the bar especially for DJI who has to stay out in front of the competition.

I just bought the M2P over the Evo 1, but only because of the superior tracking and signal strength, and the slight edge in night time camera quality is a cherry on top.

If the Mavic 3 is going to dominate the Evo 2, it's going to have to be based on superior tracking. Autel is almost definitely going to have better camera tech going forward.

I've even come to think that the Evo 1's zoom features are more useful than the Mavic 2 Zoom for search and rescue. Sure the Evo's zoom is digital and full of image loss, but for search and rescue and security and some inspections, what matters is being able go get as much detail as possible on your little cell phone, tablet, or other monitor.

The Evo 1's ability to zoom in 8x is situationally more useful than the M2Zoom's lossless 4x zoom.

The Evo 2 with 8k res is going to be ridiculously good for surveillance, SAR, and just plain having fun. Your Evo 2 could be 400 feet high, completely unnoticed, and with even lossy digital zoom, you'll be able to identify people and small objects on the ground in great detail.

Here's what the Evo 1 is already capable of. Now double that.

Started to watch the video, but the language used stops me from continuing. Probably a good video, but don’t they realize children watch these videos. I don’t get it.
Paul

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan