DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI customer service is horrid

Me262

Reactions
So I got my mini 2 fly more pack and it came with no prop holder.

I contacted DJI and they sent me one. Except it's worthless because the metal piece that holds the holder is missing.

After a while, I contact them and they send another one. SAME problem! See pic

I contacted them again about it, and the rep handling it said she has forwarded it up for control, and haven't heard from them.

WTF DJI?

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_205937.jpg
    IMG_20210413_205937.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 74
I'm not sure what I would do without this forum.
DJI support even for their biggest markets (their pocket cameras) are equally bad.
I was using their Pocket 2 with their Mimo app and all was well until I bought their DJI extension rod and suddenly couldn't connect to the app.
I ased support for how to fix it and they sent me their generic template questions and condolences..."we are so sorry for your inconvenience, can you please send a video of the issue you are having along with the model of your device...".
I did all of that and they copy/pasted a jpeg of their "approved" devices and pointed out mine is not listed.
I explained to them it is a security issue and that the app is complaining about my password (and that all was working swimmingly until I bought their extension rod).
They replied with "we are so sorry for your inconvenience, can you please send a video of the issue you are having along with the model of your device...".
It seems they use bots for their support "team"

So I got my mini 2 fly more pack and it came with no prop holder.

I contacted DJI and they sent me one. Except it's worthless because the metal piece that holds the holder is missing.

After a while, I contact them and they send another one. SAME problem! See pic

I contacted them again about it, and the rep handling it said she has forwarded it up for control, and haven't heard from them.

WTF DJI?
There are reasons DJI fails in customer service--bought FPV combo package with DJI refresh-sent drone in for repair $182.00 later-still challenging me about the Refresh even though I gave them the Invoice they sent for the purchase showing the Refresh purchase and everything else. Purchased with the Drone package a month ago. Unreal. At least 6 emails later still no explanation. They either credit the repair amount or the Refresh amount.

Is DJI support offshore at in some Asian country such as the Fillipines? Here is Australia many companies base their customer support in the Filippines to save labor cost and toi get them to understand what you really want is often extremely difficult.

Is DJI support offshore at in some Asian country such as the Fillipines? Here is Australia many companies base their customer support in the Filippines to save labor cost and toi get them to understand what you really want is often extremely difficult.
Not just support. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE of DJI is foreign. Head over to the official forums and watch the mods say the same canned broken English responses over and over. They are impossible to deal with. That's why communities like this exist. So we can discuss problems and solutions with people who speak the same language.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Not just support. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE of DJI is foreign. Head over to the official forums and watch the mods say the same canned broken English responses over and over. They are impossible to deal with. That's why communities like this exist. So we can discuss problems and solutions with people who speak the same language.
It takes a village of collaborative users to master support issues! No chat bot or boilerplate email or chat response can do anything other than frustrate you.

My experiences with DJI support were completely different. Contacted them two times on separate issues and both times everything was sorted quickly and professionally.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman