DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service / Warranty Repair

Adman21

Reactions
I sent my Mavic to DJI per their instructions for repair. My aircraft developed an "eyebrow" as most have deemed it. I provided a post-it pointer arrow on the aircraft clearly indicating the area in question. After their standard ground shipping from Oregon to Texas, then the "repair" period, and return standard ground shipping from Texas to Oregon I received it and it was as if they had opened the box and done nothing. I called DJI support once again and explained the unacceptable resolution. I was told, with all of the "I understand sirs" that I was to now send it back again. I agreed and waiting for the shipping label to be emailed to me. 2 days passed and nothing. I call back again. Rinse and repeat customer service interaction and again wait for the tracking label which doesn't come again. I call 2 days later and the same process. No label arrives. I call a 4th time and insist on staying on the line until the email and shipping info is in my inbox which miraculously takes place. I send the aircraft back with expedited shipping this time to have it back in my hands about 2 weeks later in the form of a new aircraft and seemingly new remote which I know was refurbished. I open the remote and it has 5 what appear to be cuts on the display. I call again and explain there is a problem and have to ship the remote back this time. Before I package the remote only up I decide to check the whole set-up with a quick simple flight only to find out that not only do I have a damaged remote but the remote and the aircraft won't connect. Frustration starts to set-in BIG TIME. I go through the simple steps to update the remote and aircraft firmware connecting via USB cable to each. Nothing will connect. Wanting to move the process along I decided that I want to get the remote headed to Texas for exchange and I will hopefully get a properly programmed remote when the new one shows up but the reality is I will end up having to spend time on the phone with support once again having them remedy this problem.

With that said, DJI, we pay a lot of hard earned money for these luxury "toys". The lengthy process of dealing with warranty repairs is unacceptable and gives me the feeling that while considering the DJI products to be the gold standard their customer service is not even on the medal podium. Please hear the ever-growing number of voices asking you to look at your processes and adjust them to meet the expected level of service your customer base deserves.

Reactions: Motamimi
Just curious, repaired in Texas? Where in Texas? (Maybe I am wrong) I thought dji only repair center is located somewhere in west coast California.

That's where I am located. I will pay a visit today to ask some of my MPP questions. Thank you.

Reactions: Adman21
Greetings:
Back in December I sent my Mavic to LA repair center. Excellent service, communications and turnaround time. 12 days ago my replacement Mav fell out of the sky for no apparent reason and it took them longer in Grapevine TX to acknowledge receipt of the 2nd Mavic then it did for LA to fix my original Mavic. Twice I've been on the phone repeating info that was given in emails and on the phone before and detailed in writing with the returned craft. At best I think they are understaffed but suspect there is an experience level issue as I have been stonewalled repeatably from talking directly to the people doing the repair. Quickly tired of the script readers especially when they tell you it takes three business days for them to respond to an email I sent containing everything they requested (for the 2nd time).
Suspect the quality service I received from the LA center was to costly and outsourced to low bidder.

Update:
I received the brand new replacement controller with plastic on the antennas and screen as requested. I, again as expected, powered up all parts of the flight equation and aircraft and remote will not connect. Unless someone has a solid fix I guess it's time to now call DJI once again. Ugh.

Greetings:
Back in December, I sent my Mavic to LA repair center. Excellent service, communications and turnaround time. 12 days ago my replacement Mav fell out of the sky for no apparent reason and it took them longer in Grapevine TX to acknowledge receipt of the 2nd Mavic then it did for LA to fix my original Mavic. Twice I've been on the phone repeating info that was given in emails and on the phone before and detailed in writing with the returned craft. At best I think they are understaffed but suspect there is an experience level issue as I have been stonewalled repeatably from talking directly to the people doing the repair. Quickly tired of the script readers especially when they tell you it takes three business days for them to respond to an email I sent containing everything they requested (for the 2nd time).
Suspect the quality service I received from the LA center was too costly and outsourced to the low bidder.
Have you asked if you can specify the repair facility to send your aircraft to?

Update:
I received the brand new replacement controller with plastic on the antennas and screen as requested. I, again as expected, powered up all parts of the flight equation and aircraft and remote will not connect. Unless someone has a solid fix I guess it's time to now call DJI once again. Ugh.

Hi Adman21, Are you sure that your Mavic is set to RC (not wifi)? (little switch under the SD-card door), also ---- Also, you will need to pair your remote with your mavic before it will connect.
(sorry if you already know this, but I saw no mention of this in your earlier posts - unless I read them too fast!!)

I'm fortunate in Australia that my repair centre is <20km from my house, I was happy with the service when I needed to use it, but definitely a low cost operation.

Hi Adman21, Are you sure that your Mavic is set to RC (not wifi)? (little switch under the SD-card door), also ---- Also, you will need to pair your remote with your Mavic before it will connect.
(sorry if you already know this, but I saw no mention of this in your earlier posts - unless I read them too fast!!)

I'm fortunate in Australia that my repair center is <20km from my house, I was happy with the service when I needed to use it, but definitely a low-cost operation.
Thank you for the reply. I checked and it's set to RC. I am not sure if the remote is paired. What is the proper procedure to do that? It came good to go when I initially started with it after purchase. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for the reply. I checked and it's set to RC. I am not sure if the remote is paired. What is the proper procedure to do that? It came good to go when I initially started with it after purchase. Thank you in advance for your help.

Explains it here, more or less you need to do something on the controller and press a little button on your mavic. Can't remember exactly, I've only ever had to do it once.

Explains it here, more or less you need to do something on the controller and press a little button on your mavic. Can't remember exactly, I've only ever had to do it once.
Just followed the instructions you provided. Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Reactions: hainerob
Adman21:
The procedure is once your are screened on the first call and it is determined you should send your unit in for repair you are told an email will be sent with the ability for you to print a prepaid UPS shipping label. I assumed it would be sent to the same LA repair center I had successfully used before. When I received the email/label 2 business days later things went downhill from there and I should of known at that point as I had the label in a matter of hours when previously dealing. with the LA center. I did not ask for the LA center because I was not aware at that time that Texas was an option. If I remain a DJI customer and require service I will do whatever is necessary to avoid sending anything to Grapevine Texas.

I swear the more I read and see others with the same piss poor service received the more it pisses me off! Had a fly away case on my new MP 12/19/17 on its 4th flight no more than 13 mins total since I opened the box due to the weather or it would have been more. But at first everything was nice seemed like I was getting somewhere. I spent 11 days trying to find it and DID! I contacted them and they said ship it to us(2days to get a label, 6 days for them to get it in CA) [emoji35] so it’s been there over a week no communication to me other than they are looking at it which clearly states 1-3 business days to assess... I’m at a loss for words honestly! For the money to buy such a top of the market product we should at least get top service and response regardless what the outcomes are ya know... this makes me sick to my stomach reading everyone’s shortcomings with dji service/repair

Reactions: Flying eye
I sent my Mavic to DJI per their instructions for repair. My aircraft developed an "eyebrow" as most have deemed it. I provided a post-it pointer arrow on the aircraft clearly indicating the area in question. After their standard ground shipping from Oregon to Texas, then the "repair" period, and return standard ground shipping from Texas to Oregon I received it and it was as if they had opened the box and done nothing. I called DJI support once again and explained the unacceptable resolution. I was told, with all of the "I understand sirs" that I was to now send it back again. I agreed and waiting for the shipping label to be emailed to me. 2 days passed and nothing. I call back again. Rinse and repeat customer service interaction and again wait for the tracking label which doesn't come again. I call 2 days later and the same process. No label arrives. I call a 4th time and insist on staying on the line until the email and shipping info is in my inbox which miraculously takes place. I send the aircraft back with expedited shipping this time to have it back in my hands about 2 weeks later in the form of a new aircraft and seemingly new remote which I know was refurbished. I open the remote and it has 5 what appear to be cuts on the display. I call again and explain there is a problem and have to ship the remote back this time. Before I package the remote only up I decide to check the whole set-up with a quick simple flight only to find out that not only do I have a damaged remote but the remote and the aircraft won't connect. Frustration starts to set-in BIG TIME. I go through the simple steps to update the remote and aircraft firmware connecting via USB cable to each. Nothing will connect. Wanting to move the process along I decided that I want to get the remote headed to Texas for exchange and I will hopefully get a properly programmed remote when the new one shows up but the reality is I will end up having to spend time on the phone with support once again having them remedy this problem.

With that said, DJI, we pay a lot of hard earned money for these luxury "toys". The lengthy process of dealing with warranty repairs is unacceptable and gives me the feeling that while considering the DJI products to be the gold standard their customer service is not even on the medal podium. Please hear the ever-growing number of voices asking you to look at your processes and adjust them to meet the expected level of service your customer base deserves.
I'm getting scared sending my mavic pro gimbal issue no crash also my remote is fine should I not send it along I have bad luck as is now see. So much negative comments makes me very worried

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair