DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI firmware update version 4.1.18 issues

Aus1

Reactions
I am another of the apparently many people who are having real issues with the Mavic Pro after this update.
I have had the drone for about 6 months now and only started having some issues in the last few weeks - and especially now with the 4.1.18 update a couple of days ago.
I have 2 smartphones that I can use with the drone - both Android systems. One is a HTC Desire 626 and the other one is a Sony Xperia z1. I had dedicated the Sony to the drone a couple of months ago, but I had not issues with the drone at all till the latest firmware updates.
Now neither of the smartphones will work with the drone. The issues are severe tearing of images on the screen, 6-10 second delay in response to taking a photo, loss of signal warnings when I am no more than 5 metres away and significant overheating of the drone and the smartphones. I did resort at one point to tying an icepack to the underside of the smartphone to keep it cool and I managed to fly for a full battery charge without any issues!! The Sony specs indicate an operating temperature of up to 45ºC and this temperature is clearly being exceeded - which is a significant element in this problem.
The video and photographic images are all ok in the microSD card in the drone so the corruption is occurring either in data transfer or within the software that is sitting in the smartphone.
The simplest fix that I can see is to have access to older firmware versions that did not give so many people problems like the latest version is doing. Is there any way of getting this older software from DJI?

Revert back to you previous GO4 version until they resolve the issue with it.

There are a few post on the forum with links to the older versions.

Reactions: Afremont
There are _several_ threads on this very subject/issue already with answers to your very question.

Reactions: Afremont
Reminds me of working with computers

My computer doesn't have enough memory

Here you go this stick of ram should help

I still can't put anymore pictures or music on my computer

Why didn't you say storage, you need a hard drive

Reactions: vtcats
An app is not firmware its software

Firmware = mavic = 01.04.0100
Software = phone / tablet app = 4.1.18
Yes, I agree there are differences between software and firmware - it is not always clear if an "update" is directed to the smartphone or somewhere in the hardware. My Mavic does have the 01.04.0100 firmware and the troublesome 4.1.18 software.

New go 4 update nov 28th said to fix transmission issues

New go 4 update nov 28th said to fix transmission issues
Good to know. Tested?
(Not that I have that issue ... but there will be others desperate to know if someone that had the problem finds the new version OK)

Good to know. Tested?
(Not that I have that issue ... but there will be others desperate to know if someone that had the problem finds the new version OK)
Yes my buddy did he has a nexus tab... Said it works great now

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Stuck at home waiting for several mail-order deliveries (that will probably all arrive when it's dark! #Grrr!) so not had chance to play.

Pano Photosphere over-exposure is the other one I want to check .... but the video stream is by far more important for those with the problem. At least they can fly again!

Edit: Indeed. Amazon delivered just as it got too dark.:/

Last edited:
I am another of the apparently many people who are having real issues with the Mavic Pro after this update.
I have had the drone for about 6 months now and only started having some issues in the last few weeks - and especially now with the 4.1.18 update a couple of days ago.
I have 2 smartphones that I can use with the drone - both Android systems. One is a HTC Desire 626 and the other one is a Sony Xperia z1. I had dedicated the Sony to the drone a couple of months ago, but I had not issues with the drone at all till the latest firmware updates.
Now neither of the smartphones will work with the drone. The issues are severe tearing of images on the screen, 6-10 second delay in response to taking a photo, loss of signal warnings when I am no more than 5 metres away and significant overheating of the drone and the smartphones. I did resort at one point to tying an icepack to the underside of the smartphone to keep it cool and I managed to fly for a full battery charge without any issues!! The Sony specs indicate an operating temperature of up to 45ºC and this temperature is clearly being exceeded - which is a significant element in this problem.
The video and photographic images are all ok in the microSD card in the drone so the corruption is occurring either in data transfer or within the software that is sitting in the smartphone.
The simplest fix that I can see is to have access to older firmware versions that did not give so many people problems like the latest version is doing. Is there any way of getting this older software from DJI?
I am experiencing overheating issues as of today. I have the latest version firmware also. I didn’t hear fan kick on. The bottom of drone became extremely hot — almost too much to handle. Battery didn’t feel that hot fortunetly

You can try the .18 update mentioned above but if it does not work then use 4.1.15. It works great on my underpowered Tab A.

I am experiencing overheating issues as of today. I have the latest version firmware also. I didn’t hear fan kick on. The bottom of drone became extremely hot — almost too much to handle. Battery didn’t feel that hot fortunetly
This is a different issue
When did you notice it was getting hot?
Does it still connect to the RC?
Does it still fly?

DON'T fly if the fan doesn't work, as when it reaches a certain temperature it shuts off, mine did this luckily about an inch off the ground as I was about to land

This is a different issue
When did you notice it was getting hot?
Does it still connect to the RC?
Does it still fly?

DON'T fly if the fan doesn't work, as when it reaches a certain temperature it shuts off, mine did this luckily about an inch off the ground as I was about to land

Yeah realized after post. Noticed it when connected to pc computer and exploring DJI assistant app. Noticed fan not kicking on while it’s sitting there. Picked it up and the bottom belly of drone was insanely hot. Turned off immediately. Now trying to see if anybody else having same issue and if a firmware roll back is gonna help at all

I have had a fan not run but I have also had a failed firmware update that stops the fan

Faulty fan

If you can connect it to the RC & take off to test the drone

If its the fan the RC will connect and mavic will take off, if it doesn't then its likely to be the core board

if its the core board it might just need the firmware reloading or it might need replacing

Now trying to see if anybody else having same issue and if a firmware roll back is gonna help at all

I'm still on v01.04.0000 and can confirm that both RC & AC fan turned on while connected on PC (was doing FW backup).
I removed the Gimbal protection to help air intake. Belly was "reasonably" hot.

Belly was "reasonably" hot.
Video transmitters!!!!
Radio waves are the "same" as light waves.
We have LEDs that produce light without heat.
Someone needs to increase their frequency! Think of the battery life savings!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike