DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Record

The dji air will achieve 43mph?
It's not supposed to. It happened during the only time I lost control of the drone. Out of nowhere it became unstable and went to the right and stabilized after 5 seconds or so. I think it was due to some aircraft interference perhaps but I didn't get any message.

Screenshot_20230312_222314.jpg

I was just curious to see how your flight record looks like
In my country there are no hard restrictions on VLOS flights. So I have my personal best of 10 km (32,000 ft) back to the starting point.
Previously, the forum had a Records section for each drone model, without modification and with modified batteries and antennas. Due to legal restrictions, these records have now become unpopular.

Reactions: RRDC Media
In my country there are no hard restrictions on VLOS flights. So I have my personal best of 10 km (32,000 ft) back to the starting point.
Previously, the forum had a Records section for each drone model, without modification and with modified batteries and antennas. Due to legal restrictions, these records have now become unpopular.
Wow, not being able to see my drone while it's in the air scares the **** out of me, let alone if it's 10 km away!

I am not going to harp on about it but am just checking, are you aware of the existance of legal height limits and any VLOS regulations?
There's no need to act like the drone police.
The Top Altitude figure shown in Go 4 has nothing to do with the height the drone has been flown to.
It's all about the highest point the drone has been launched from.
No idea why DJI set it up that way but that's what they did.

And the Top distance is the length of the flight ... not how far away the drone was.

I flew a drone out to 125km yesterday. Electronic line of sight is amazing

No. Thank goodness

I usually get it to 30 mph in sports mode but I guess with longer distances it can then
Below is a chart created out from a flightlog from my own Mavic Air 1... with a constant elevator command (right stick fully forward) it took 10sec to reach 19,1m/s (42,7mph). It was a slight tailwind in the test run, approx 4m/s (9mph)... which possibly made the drone to accelerate a tad faster (and also explain why the drone didn't have to utilize the full allowed tilt angle of 35 degrees in Sport & instead was averaging around 32 degrees).

If your Mavic Air can't reach more than 30mph (13,4m/s) during 10sec in Sport mode you either have a stronger head wind or it's something wrong with it.

Red dashed=Stick command (1=full)
Blue=Heading speed (m/s)
Black=Tilt angle (degrees)
Green=Wind speed (m/s)

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1678871245978.png

My Air was running at 69 km/h (42.8 mph). I didn't even think that this could be a point of contention.

My Air was running at 69 km/h (42.8 mph). I didn't even think that this could be a point of contention.
Maybe you choose the wrong word here, contention is another word for "heated disagreement"?

If you really mean it, I don't see from where you get it... approx 43mph is normal for Sport mode, if his MA1 only achieve 30 he may want to know why.

Reactions: RRDC Media
There's no contention here. I never hold it for 10 seconds in full sports mode because I like to keep my drone close to me so that's why I didn't reach that speed. I'm relatively new to this so maybe on a big open field I'll give it a try one of these days

I am not going to harp on about it but am just checking, are you aware of the existance of legal height limits and any VLOS regulations?
This is an older app version. They must have changed the wording for altitude records. I believe this flight record was from a trip to Silverton, Colorado.5ECE86C3-DA74-4A7D-83E7-2DB2546CA349.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs