DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly v.1.9.4 ok to install ?

jmc667

Reactions
Good morning all. I have the air2s & DJI-RC controller. I see we have an update. Is it safe to install here in the USA? I see a lot of videos from a couple of weeks ago of people testing v.1.9.4, but it looks like it's out of the country. I can't find any current info. Let me know what you guys think. I looked around here on this forum, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
What firmware are you currently on? 1.9.4 adds support for the Mini 2 SE from what I can see.
B916794A-C521-4097-BC7E-32558E0A62A3.png

I update when ever I see an update offered and only once since Nov 2020 have I had an issue where I had to go to DJI to get a new DL...
We'd all like it to be perfect but all these folks who swear they never install updates drive me nuts.
My mini 2 flies perfectly and while you could wait a week if you are worried. But after that it should be good...
I'm hoping for an update to give my mini2 RID.. that would be nice

Reactions: MS Coast
Should be no problem with updates currently. Watch out when a definite crisis occurs with China's support of Russia. The Chinese government can require nefarious updates to make DJI and other Chinese drones decapitate ours/NATOS drones overnight. Just sayin.....yes, this post most likely will be deleted by the DJI forum drone master.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Oman and Beet
Should be no problem with updates currently. Watch out when a definite crisis occurs with China's support of Russia. The Chinese government can require nefarious updates to make DJI and other Chinese drones decapitate ours/NATOS drones overnight. Just sayin.....yes, this post most likely will be deleted by the DJI forum drone master.
The forum/s here have no affiliation with DJI.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
I update when ever I see an update offered and only once since Nov 2020 have I had an issue where I had to go to DJI to get a new DL...
We'd all like it to be perfect but all these folks who swear they never install updates drive me nuts.
My mini 2 flies perfectly and while you could wait a week if you are worried. But after that it should be good...
I'm hoping for an update to give my mini2 RID.. that would be nice
I know, DJI has been pretty good about updates. This is my 3rd. DJI drone. And I'm all about updates, just not on release day. Do you have the DJI-RC controller?

Reactions: New England Droning
As usual, DJI is cryptic with its updates

All they say is that it fixes certain issues and optimizes certain app qualities.

But what these are, your guess is as good as mine ...

How do you connect your mini 2? It doesn't appear in the connection guide

Suzygs1000, I have not had any issues connecting at start-up. On occasion, the Mini 2 will not automatically connect, but it appears in the connection guide for me to select.
If you are not already, try turning on the drone first. This makes a big difference with my SC when switching drones.

Reactions: Starz
Good morning all. I have the air2s & DJI-RC controller. I see we have an update. Is it safe to install here in the USA? I see a lot of videos from a couple of weeks ago of people testing v.1.9.4, but it looks like it's out of the country. I can't find any current info. Let me know what you guys think. I looked around here on this forum, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Generally speaking, DJI updates are pretty solid and recommend by forum members here to update ASAP. I understand that just about any other electronic device is questionable to update immediately but that just doesn't seem to be the case with DJI updates.
There have been hiccups in the past but I would hold a great confidence in updating all your drone firmware and software as soon as available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead