DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji forced me to update dji go4

How is it 'underhanded'?

They warned us all that the app update was coming, we all had the option to not update the app if we didn't want to...

Nothing was forced on us...

As far as I can see, nothing has changed from a functionality perspective...

Reactions: Gp™
Search for dji go 4 in this vid rather than dji go (this is android)

For iOS use this vid

I was really excited at the prospect of doing this so I followed the video to a tee, problem is that the oldest version available now is 3.0.1 and when you install it if forces you to upgrade to the latest version. I've tried getting around that but it won't even finish installing unless you agree to update to the latest version. Obviously pretty bummed out but it looks like that was a cool trick before they pulled the older versions.

So, has anyone updated all this stuff and if so have you noticed any changes? Can you still fly at night? Have you seen new NFZ? Mine auto-updated the app and now my tablet refuses to work with the AC, I'm willing to update the FW at this point because I need to film a few fireworks shows in the next month. Not very happy about the underhanded nature of this whole thing but I need to have it working so I'll do what I need to and just recommend to my friends they buy either open source drones or another manufacturer.
I have not had any issues with any of the updates and have done them all as soon as they came out freely as I always do . All of them .
Distance no issue , night was no issue as I did try this last one behind the house as I had also done an IMU cal and just wanted to check it .
Now I did have a black screen but I live in the country so there where no light's to see . Can't tell you bout NFZ's as I'm not in one . :)

Reactions: cplmac
So I finally said WTF and decided to upgrade, an hour or so later all done. FW 700, latest APP took it out for a flight and now I have an all new set of problems. The DJI app still doesn't recognize the 700 FW, and now the screen is going half grey half green and futzing in and out. I'm charging my battery all the way and I'll try again, on the plus side, I did figure out how to configure my camera settings so if I can get this thing working right I should be able to dial in my night settings soon.

Solution,

Get your own phone or tabled and dont update the app.
You can still load the old DJI Go app.

I'm an android guy but my phone is in a waterproof case and I didn't want to take it out each time I flew. Walmart had the Iphone 5s for 100 bucks so I bought it, with no plan, for dedicated use with the mavic. Guy behind the counter gave me an old unworking SIM card for it. I installed the dji app and then turned off the wifi.

Reactions: Elliott and stratos
I block my iPhone from update the dji go App and still it do the update by force
I so disappointed from apple and dji
This is the Chinese attitude to do what ever they won't and we allow the to do it
This is the last time buying from dji
Or apple
You'll be back :)

swapped my android for ipad mini at the weekend, downloaded go4 from app store. logged in my back garden (2.5 miles from the centre of Heathrow airport)
no problems encountered when I went to flying site on Sunday
(ipad mini was well worth the investment)

Don't be angry brother!! Many have been fine with the update,not the end of the world.
I have iPad and no forced update.
My Android device did with out my concent but don't use it with DJI products.
I agree with Domagoj ,that's what you get...
I'm completely in agreement with you, I do not understand all these stories about the updates I've always updated the firmware from January to now without any problems!!

Reactions: Chun
View attachment 14140 Here is a screenshot of my iPhone app updates.As you can see it is awaiting my command.No DJI devil pressing the update button on my phone.
I agree but I do not seem to know how to use a smartphone, I do not know how to fly with a drone like mavic if they do not even know this so they all have these problems however the devil was cute the phone did not explode

Could you give an advice how to disable auto-update of DJI app on iPad? There is no such option in the app and the App Store - Apps switch is green all the time (it slides back when I am trying to shut it off). I don't want to disable internet connection of the tablet entirely. Thanks.

Settings - iTunes and App Store - then uncheck.

IMG_0933.PNG
Could you give an advice how to disable auto-update of DJI app on iPad? There is no such option in the app and the App Store - Apps switch is green all the time (it slides back when I am trying to shut it off). I don't want to disable internet connection of the tablet entirely. Thanks.

Many people hate to see the little number on the app store icon when there are pending updates, she likely launched the updates herself.

I have a dedicated iPad and don't like those badge icons for pending AppStore updates either. You can go into notification settings for the AppStore app and disable badges.

Reactions: scooot
I have a dedicated iPad and don't like those badge icons for pending AppStore updates either. You can go into notification settings for the AppStore app and disable badges.

Well, I hoped I could dedicate iPad too, but I need to connect it to the internet for other reasons :-(

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69