DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji forced me to update dji go4

Seems like a really nice guy, your on your own as far as I'm concerned !

Reactions: Dragonfly
I block my iPhone from update the dji go App and still it do the update by force
I so disappointed from apple and dji
This is the Chinese attitude to do what ever they won't and we allow the to do it
This is the last time buying from dji
Or apple
They all do it for fear of government backlash!
DJI or Yunic or 3DR, all the same now!

Sorry for not make my wife as a queen like you guys the truth is that she's really not educated and only knows to to use facebook YouTube watts up and I gave her specific order not allowing the update
Get your own phone and you won't have to publicly berate your wife. Problem solved. SMH

I really asking a question about my mavic and you guys keeps on talking about my wife
Really do any of you have a way to help me downgrade my mp for that black day dji will cut the plug on all of us

I normally keep my iphone and ipad on auto updates. Same with my wife's iphone and ipads. I feel it is safer and more secure that way. I've been a victim of a security breach once and never again! Anyway I was on 4.08 of Go4 app and had been waiting for the update to hit. I even did the check for updates but nothing, then Thursday night I got the update to 4.1.1. I browsed through it on both ipad and iphone and all my settings seem to be exactly as I had them before. I did get the alert to log in which in the past was automatic. So I did with the ipad and didn't need to with the iphone. BTW- I normally fly with the ipad as it is just easier for my older eyes to see.

I have not yet tried to fly with the new Go4 4.1.1 as the weather has been bad when I had the time to test in the back yard. From all I heard from people who post educational stuff on YT, there is nothing to fear. Even a quick operation inside, showed no changes. It seems all the FUD is uncalled for and not based on any real "Big Brother" control tactics.

Anyway, I also have the litchi control software installed on my ipad and it has a feature that the GO4 does not have which is the ability to record the flight data and image to your ipad photo library. I want to test that out too.

So far, I don't see a problem with the auto update and actually, prefer it. The last update I did from factory to 4.08 was not without issues. This one just took a week to get here but updated in the background and other than the one time log-in manually, I had to do nothing, not even re-enter any of my settings. I like that!

Edit update- Got a couple minutes and tested out the new update. Everything operated the same as before. I also tested the Litchi app for the first time. I like being able to record sound and the flight data both visually and an audible voice every so many seconds too. The control was a little less smooth it seemed but that may be due to some settings I need to adjust.

I think any of you who fear the new 4.1.1 are making too much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldDroner
God Lord guys all this was just reported and not even gonna try and clean it up . Please keep this civil and on Topic..
@hp7950 dont bring your wife into this and the rest of you Stop with the name calling .
Any more of this and I will just close this mess .

Oh this is a hoot. I fly Android.... App on V 3 something.... Drone on old version.... And to top it off I use litchi as well...... I won't update have no need to

Sorry wanted to add, these are the joys of using Android. You need an old version you just download from another app Store. Try doing that on an iPhone. It's Apple app Store or die [emoji23]

Try doing that on an iPhone. It's Apple app Store or die

FYI- Not true. You just have to list the app source as permitted in the settings. It is true that few iphone users know how to do this. I've had both Android and iOS here and have become skilled with both.

We all tech users are fortunate in having You Tube and Google search. If you believe it can't be done do a search and most likely someone has already figured it out.

I block my iPhone from update the dji go App and still it do the update by force
I so disappointed from apple and dji
This is the Chinese attitude to do what ever they won't and we allow the to do it
This is the last time buying from dji
Or apple
This makes absolutely no sense at all. An iPhone app will not update by "force". Maybe I don't understand what you are saying? Apps can't auto-update unless you enable it in iOS.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. An iPhone app will not update by "force". Maybe I don't understand what you are saying? Apps can't auto-update unless you enable it in iOS.
The Chinese did it! The gubrmnt!

I updated the latest djigo4 on iphone and keep the fw400 on the mavic. Fly like it used to. Only there is a notification on the djigo4 app about the new firmware update, and i just ignore it..

Don't be scared....imbrace.
The upgrade .,
yes you read a lot of horrible stories
Im here to tell you I have had very few issues that I couldn't over come and injoy the time I spend flying/learning
With my Mavic with the .700 Djig 4 Upgrade......C

So, has anyone updated all this stuff and if so have you noticed any changes? Can you still fly at night? Have you seen new NFZ? Mine auto-updated the app and now my tablet refuses to work with the AC, I'm willing to update the FW at this point because I need to film a few fireworks shows in the next month. Not very happy about the underhanded nature of this whole thing but I need to have it working so I'll do what I need to and just recommend to my friends they buy either open source drones or another manufacturer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69