DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji forced me to update dji go4

hp7950

Reactions
I block my iPhone from update the dji go App and still it do the update by force
I so disappointed from apple and dji
This is the Chinese attitude to do what ever they won't and we allow the to do it
This is the last time buying from dji
Or apple

Reactions: tailwinds
I block my iPhone from update the dji go App and still it do the update by force
I so disappointed from apple and dji
This is the Chinese attitude to do what ever they won't and we allow the to do it
This is the last time buying from dji
Or apple

My ipad didn't update the app and I'm pretty sure a lot of others on here have not updated either. Must have set something incorrectly on your phone.

Auto-update/auto-sync,all turned off, and just ignore the notifications.
I fly on the OEM firmware (.400) and DJI GO app, never updated anything, and all is "still" golden.

Reactions: jmhilljr
there is something in the FW from 0600 on that even if all connections are off it flash synchs something very fast to the App. internet connection was off on mine also and i have DJI go set not to use mobile data as well as fly in airplane mode.

after it did that i had a few issues but as soon as i updated they went away it seems after a test flight today.

i guess i am stuck with it but that is the game we play. (i am on IOS).

Every new Mavic owner will now be on the new update and FW's and some of those repaired will be too. I know there are ways to revert to 400 and also ways to hack the NFZ but i will just go with the flow now and see where it takes me.

although i will wait a while before going on 0700 FW

Reactions: Macariushk
My wife's phone so perhaps thecow do something I so angry you won't believe

Reactions: reckless
Many people hate to see the little number on the app store icon when there are pending updates, she likely launched the updates herself.

Reactions: scooot
My wife's phone so perhaps thecow do something I so angry you won't believe
Don't be angry brother!! Many have been fine with the update,not the end of the world.
I have iPad and no forced update.
My Android device did with out my concent but don't use it with DJI products.
I agree with Domagoj ,that's what you get...

I actually was avoiding updating the app myself, on iOS - I made a specific point of leaving it. and somehow, the **** thing magically / mysteriously updated.

Now, I'm not saying DJI forced it, I can't see how that was possible. but I still can't explain what happened there. I had to go through some backup and restore BS to get it back to 4.0.8

Reactions: cplmac
I luckily have a iphone and iPad.Updated iPad as I probably won't use it as a primary source.I am on firmware .600 with drone,iPhone 4.08 and iPad 4.10.I tested a battery on iphone followed immediately with a battery on iPad just out of curiosity.
I only flew standard flights without entering any mode options.
Conclusion-
EXACTLY THE SAME.
Also,no Blackdoor forced update here.[emoji106]

You need to divorce your wife, burn your Mavic and throw away the iPhone... the horror of updating an app to the latest version, one can only imagine the emotional turmoil you must have gone through. Peace with you, stay strong!

I told her million time not to update and pay attention for not accidentally triggering the update and still the update happened by magic

Reactions: reckless
So or my wife is a complete moron or dji do it by forcing somehow

Bro calling your wife a cow and a moron does not bode well for your marriage or your Mavic if i did that my Mavic would be history and i would be sleeping in the garage.

Like i said mine somehow flash updated and i was then triggered to do the full update to put things right but that is life

suck it up

but don't abuse the woman in your life she will be there far longer than the Mavic if you treat her with some respect :)

you can downgrade easily back...have a look on youtube

Maybe a bit harsh on both parties here.I am sure your wife is no moron (I of course haven't met her) and she did not intentionally make you stamp up and down in frustration.Secondly,dji are not to blame.They can NOT force the update through some backdoor magic.It must be initiated by the phone holder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez