DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV drone now available on Amazon (ships soon!)

20 minutes with performance like this is pretty much a myth in the world of FPV drones. Hats off to DJI for raising the bar (again).
Compared to other FPV drones 20 minutes is alot...

You will not get 20min flights in the full manual mode ... more like 8-10min depending on how you push it.

So comparing apples & apples ... those acro (manual) flight times is well within what freestyle quads with equal mAh batteries can achieve today also ... & they even can stay airborne up to 30min with LiIon packs in cruising flights .

I'm just thinking this is a compromise between FPV and camera drone without being very good at either. The price is very high for something that will probably get crashed a lot by people trying to replicate some of the things that the pro FPV guys do. It's a little large for squeezing through those tight spaces at speed. There's a lot of fine print about latency, FOV, and so forth. In my opinion, it's a niche machine that people didn't know they had a niche for. It's just my opinion though. I'll be curious to see how many crashed ones (after Care/Refresh has run out) will end up on the internet trying to recoup some of their cost. You guys see the problems some people have with regular camera drones due to lack of knowledge.

I'm just thinking this is a compromise between FPV and camera drone without being very good at either. The price is very high for something that will probably get crashed a lot by people trying to replicate some of the things that the pro FPV guys do. It's a little large for squeezing through those tight spaces at speed. There's a lot of fine print about latency, FOV, and so forth. In my opinion, it's a niche machine that people didn't know they had a niche for. It's just my opinion though. I'll be curious to see how many crashed ones (after Care/Refresh has run out) will end up on the internet trying to recoup some of their cost. You guys see the problems some people have with regular camera drones due to lack of knowledge.
Seems like exactly what I'm looking for..

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
Typical idiots attempting low level aerobatics with no skill - this is no different than what we seen in the RC helicopter industry when aerobatics took over RC helicopters. This is a "Cash Cow" for DJI because when you impact the ground at 80-100+ mph in a dive, you look for the first trash can!

Mike

What is it they usually say now ...

If you crash your camera drone you're doing something wrong...
If you don't crash your FPV quad you're doing something wrong...

?
yeah ... think it's a point in there after all ?

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
This is a "Cash Cow" for DJI because when you impact the ground at 80-100+ mph in a dive, you look for the first trash can!
Agreed.
I am curious how the combination of their speed (39m/s) and mass (795g) compares to other FPV?

I'm not thrilled with only 20 min flight time
It's only meant for short races and viewing your flight. It's really not meant to be a long flying and filming drone. The only thing that makes me want one is it's 86 miles per hour speed. People would see it, then they wouldn't. Meep! Meep! Road runner. Anyway, i'm not in the market for something like this, but it sure would be fun to play with.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Even with care refresh (2 replacements) the total loss after one crash (in the video) has me concerned, analog fpv quads appear stronger, especially in the arms.

I was hoping it would combine both types of flying but it seems to be an very expensive compromise, with the shaky video and props in the view, also very dangerous to use around people as you can loose control of it easily.
In the DJI store, they already announced arm braces to make them more sturdy:
1614794227379.png

REALLY?!?! That would be awesome! I think you can hook it up to the Smart controller as well, right? That would mean I will own 3 FPV drones as of tomorrow! :-D (Mini, M2P, FPV)
Yes I read it here or in FPV forum and not sure if it was posted that
was coming in a update or you can do it now. I scan so many threads in differant forums we have I’m not sure I could even find it now ?‍♂️

Oh
Yes I read it here or in FPV forum and not sure if it was posted that
was coming in a update or you can do it now. I scan so many threads in differant forums we have I’m not sure I could even find it now ?‍♂️
crap, I see you write the Mini 2, not the Mavic Mini... ?, well, that still keeps the M2Prowith SC and FPV a contender :)
No worries mate, I'll be receiving the FPF bundle tomorrow, so I'll be quick to test it out! Thumbswayup

Reactions: dirkclod
You will not get 20min flights in the full manual mode ... more like 8-10min depending on how you push it.

So comparing apples & apples ... those acro (manual) flight times is well within what freestyle quads with equal mAh batteries can achieve today also ... & they even can stay airborne up to 30min with LiIon packs in cruising flights .
Based on the video posted in this thread, they stated 5-6mins in m-mode at high speeds.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7