DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 4.1.18 from Moverio market caused huge video lag

Wow! Given the fact I just spent $750 on these, that is a really depressing thought.... I have and iPad Mini4 that started hating the newer releases this summer. I gave up using it to fly. The Moverios will be worthless if they can't handle the ONE program I bought them to use with.

Wow! Given the fact I just spent $750 on these, that is a really depressing thought.... I have and iPad Mini4 that started hating the newer releases this summer. I gave up using it to fly. The Moverios will be worthless if they can't handle the ONE program I bought them to use with.

We still have the ability to side load version 1.4.15 and Litchi, so there are some fall back positions.

Everything moves forward, hopefully the next version of the epson will have a 100in virtual screen size, more memory, faster CPU and 1080p or higher resolution

I believe latency and pixelation is improved if you select a custom frequency and the 10mhz bandwidth.

You tell the amount of latency by the transmission rate at the bottom of the HD screen, should be up around 20mbps

Just curious if any of you are flying the Platinum? I have one, but have not been able to fly for awhile. As this seems to be aircraft/firmware related, it will be interesting to see if the differences in the Platinum will make a difference or not.
I am using Platinum with BT300 and lag like hell totally unusable. Basically all Mavic series face the same problem with BT300 under 4.1.18.

Last edited:
Yes I agree the DJI Go4 is not well optimised , I also think the app is now more cpu intensive, in other forums other users have started to post performance issues with the Ipad Mini 4, I think overtime it will outgrow the capabilities of the BT-300
But I tried the same with Litchi and it fly perfectly almost... the video signal strength is dimmed probably due to side loading not natively support.

Reactions: Bill W
But I tried the same with Litchi and it fly perfectly almost... the video signal strength is dimmed probably due to side loading not natively support.

It is known that Litchi is programmed better than DJI Go4

Reactions: godiva92
Actually this is my first time use Litchi to fly Mavic Platinum. I had use Litchi with iPad to control P4 long time ago, it is very well programmed. The best of Litchi are they did all beta test by themselves not their customer.

I believe latency and pixelation is improved if you select a custom frequency and the 10mhz bandwidth.

You tell the amount of latency by the transmission rate at the bottom of the HD screen, should be up around 20mbps
Hi can you lead us through step by step how to change the frequency thanks

Hi can you lead us through step by step how to change the frequency thanks

In the DJI Go4 app

1) Select the "..." in the top right hand of the flight screen to access the settings menu
2) go to the HD menu
3) Select "Custom" it should turn blue, and hit the blue "transmission state" to open the frequency graphic
4) Slide the frequency box from side to side to select the desired channel
5) Below the frequency graphic, you will see "bandwidth allocation" , select "10mhz" for high interference situations, then it will turn blue
6) Also play around with "Image Transmission Mode" try the different modes, I think "smooth" is the best, but their are limitations in frame rate etc. with selecting it

I'd also turn off any form of video caching

I would also turn off all household wi-fi to test latency as the BT-300 works on the 2.4ghz spectrum

In the DJI Go4 app

1) Select the "..." in the top right hand of the flight screen to access the settings menu
2) go to the HD menu
3) Select "Custom" it should turn blue, and hit the blue "transmission state" to open the frequency graphic
4) Slide the frequency box from side to side to select the desired channel
5) Below the frequency graphic, you will see "bandwidth allocation" , select "10mhz" for high interference situations, then it will turn blue
6) Also play around with "Image Transmission Mode" try the different modes, I think "smooth" is the best, but their are limitations in frame rate etc. with selecting it

I'd also turn off any form of video caching

I would also turn off all household wi-fi to test latency as the BT-300 works on the 2.4ghz spectrum
Thanks will have a go tomorrow

Hi all and thanks for your input !
Looking for answers regarding the pixelation, freezing, breaking up of images with the BT-300 used together with the mavic pro....Bought the glasses feb 2018. Did well the first few runs. After updating firmware and DJIGO4, it is becoming a pain. Today, for example, even at 6 feet away it was pixelating !!!!. Ridiculous. Switched to the DJIGO4 from my iPhone, and had no problems at all.
I sent an email to Epson tech support......not too sure they will help....I read somebody spoke with an Epson tech and did not solve the issue.'
Any other app in the Moverio app store that I can use with the Mavic Pro?
Thanks

Hi all and thanks for your input !
Looking for answers regarding the pixelation, freezing, breaking up of images with the BT-300 used together with the mavic pro....Bought the glasses feb 2018. Did well the first few runs. After updating firmware and DJIGO4, it is becoming a pain. Today, for example, even at 6 feet away it was pixelating !!!!. Ridiculous. Switched to the DJIGO4 from my iPhone, and had no problems at all.
I sent an email to Epson tech support......not too sure they will help....I read somebody spoke with an Epson tech and did not solve the issue.'
Any other app in the Moverio app store that I can use with the Mavic Pro?
Thanks

Are you running "focus peaking" and "over exposure warning" from the camera settings, these functions have a huge overhead on the CPU and should be turned off.

Have you side loaded any applications, you may need to remove those, also check in settings/apps that you don't have 2 instances of DJI Go 4 running at the same time.

Also turn off video caching to the Epson

Last edited:
Have you tried the latest Epson DJI GO 4 app?
DJI GO 4 4.2.8 was released on April 10th and is available on the Epson web site.

thanks bmelody and lannes for your help !
I am not aware I turned on the overexposure settings. At any rate, I will double check that. Did not sideload any app. Video cache is on.
Also, I will have to verify whether the latest DJI GO4 app from the Moverio app store. (as of yesterday 4/11, I had the latest DJI GO4 app....I believe ......since it did not ask me to update). The only apps in my BT-300 are the DJI GO and DJIGO4 (do not have two DJIGO4 apps). Should I delete the DJIGO?
Will try all your suggestion and give you an update.
Thanks again for your time,

update....a piece of junk at this time.....
Overexposure warning and focus peaking are off....video cache off, lowered the resolution to 1980 at 60 fps instead of 4K, transmission to smooth.....even uninstalled the DJIGO4 and installed it back again. Nothing works. Again, no sideloaded apps and of course, no words from the Epson tech I emailed yesterday. Totally unusable.....I am really mad....very expensive toy to be unable to use it for what I bought it for.....

This helped someone with similar issue on the facebook group.

Thank you Dvegaman. I watched the videos. Very interesting.
I finally heard from the Epson tech department. Asked me whether I was closed to a Wifi source......and of course, I was outside my house....however, the first time it happened, I was out on the outskirts of a small town...with the same problems.
Last night I did a full reset of the Moverio. When it was back on again, I only installed the DJIGO4 app. ( before, I had the DJI Go, DJIGO4 and the Epson AR flight simulator, which was the last one I installed in the previous version). This time, I got only the DJIGO4. Turned off the Bluetooth. I should have turned off also the wifi.
Tried it outside my workplace,...lots of bushes and a small river......worked great. I'll keep testing it in different environments and see what happens. In the immediate future, I am planning in using it without Bluetooth. If I have problems again, I will tweak the transmission settings suggested above. Thanks for the tip and thanks all for your help.

Thank you Dvegaman. I watched the videos. Very interesting.
I finally heard from the Epson tech department. Asked me whether I was closed to a Wifi source......and of course, I was outside my house....however, the first time it happened, I was out on the outskirts of a small town...with the same problems.
Last night I did a full reset of the Moverio. When it was back on again, I only installed the DJIGO4 app. ( before, I had the DJI Go, DJIGO4 and the Epson AR flight simulator, which was the last one I installed in the previous version). This time, I got only the DJIGO4. Turned off the Bluetooth. I should have turned off also the wifi.
Tried it outside my workplace,...lots of bushes and a small river......worked great. I'll keep testing it in different environments and see what happens. In the immediate future, I am planning in using it without Bluetooth. If I have problems again, I will tweak the transmission settings suggested above. Thanks for the tip and thanks all for your help.

Great news, glad to see you are making progress, I'd also turn off wifi unless you need it for mapping.

Also if you have a smart watch connected to the phone by bluetooth this can also cause interference e.g fitbit, apple watch etc.

Thanks lannes....sure, I will disable the wifi as well and try it. Keep you all posted. If I have the same issues again, you will know. Thanks again. This forum is awesome.

Great news, glad to see you are making progress, I'd also turn off wifi unless you need it for mapping.

Also if you have a smart watch connected to the phone by bluetooth this can also cause interference e.g fitbit, apple watch etc.

The smart watch like Apple watch and bluetooth are no need to switch off from my previous experience with Mavic Pro or Platinum if using BT300, for your information I had BT300 for over a year now. But not sure about the latest GO 4.2.8.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929