DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 4.1.18 from Moverio market caused huge video lag

godiva92

Reactions
I updated to the latest DJI GO 4 with pano function last week, after few flights Unfortunately I experienced unacceptable video feed lagging. The lagging issue happened randomly, some even after 3km flight distance or immediately after video record and the 360 pano. But once it start to lag the symptoms will go on until landing. Such lag is very similar to flight log sync problem that caused the lagging in the earlier version of GO 4. But the solution by remove completely apps and folders won’t help this time. I had switch back to iPhone for control and immediately video feed back to normal. All the firmware and app version are the latest.
So am I the only one who experienced this? Anyone else experienced video feed lagging after update?

I updated to the latest DJI GO 4 with pano function last week, after few flights Unfortunately I experienced unacceptable video feed lagging. The lagging issue happened randomly, some even after 3km flight distance or immediately after video record and the 360 pano. But once it start to lag the symptoms will go on until landing. Such lag is very similar to flight log sync problem that caused the lagging in the earlier version of GO 4. But the solution by remove completely apps and folders won’t help this time. I had switch back to iPhone for control and immediately video feed back to normal. All the firmware and app version are the latest.
So am I the only one who experienced this? Anyone else experienced video feed lagging after update?

Godiva92 - You're not alone, I purchased the Moverio glasses a few days ago and they are unusable, if the video works at all it lags by 5 to 10 seconds but usually is just frozen. The local store where I bought them contacted Epson and they knew of the problem and said there will be a firmware update to correct the problem in the next few days. I'm hoping that is indeed the issue but I am a bit concerned as there should be a lot of people experiencing the same problem if they upgraded to this latest DJI GO 4 release. So watch for new firmware release for the Moverios in the next few days and I'd be interested to hear if it corrects your problem as well.

Godiva92 - You're not alone, I purchased the Moverio glasses a few days ago and they are unusable, if the video works at all it lags by 5 to 10 seconds but usually is just frozen. The local store where I bought them contacted Epson and they knew of the problem and said there will be a firmware update to correct the problem in the next few days. I'm hoping that is indeed the issue but I am a bit concerned as there should be a lot of people experiencing the same problem if they upgraded to this latest DJI GO 4 release. So watch for new firmware release for the Moverios in the next few days and I'd be interested to hear if it corrects your problem as well.

Tonye53 thanks for your reply. You are new to this Moverio. I already have it since March. This horrible lag and freezing are here since the beginning. Most users found the reinstall method by ourselves not ANY support from Epson nor DJI at all. But sure DJI did modify in recent version so this problem go away until 4.1.18. And this time not even reinstall can fix it. I really hope your source tell the truth up to this point because we are petty hopeless if both parties not step up and fix. So we just left with a expensive piece of junk.

I would be interested to see any comments from people who are running 4.1.18, either successfully or with any kind of problems. Please add a quick reply if you are currently up on 4.1.18.

Tonye53 thanks for your reply. You are new to this Moverio. I already have it since March. This horrible lag and freezing are here since the beginning. Most users found the reinstall method by ourselves not ANY support from Epson nor DJI at all. But sure DJI did modify in recent version so this problem go away until 4.1.18. And this time not even reinstall can fix it. I really hope your source tell the truth up to this point because we are petty hopeless if both parties not step up and fix. So we just left with a expensive piece of junk.
Why not just delete 4.1.18 and sideload the last known working edition so it is no longer a piece of junk? I did not update to 4.1.18 and can confirm the moverios to be working fine. At least until if/when Epson pushes the firmware update.

Why not just delete 4.1.18 and sideload the last known working edition so it is no longer a piece of junk? I did not update to 4.1.18 and can confirm the moverios to be working fine. At least until if/when Epson pushes the firmware update.

I just bought the Moverios on Saturday and the GO 4 app wasn't installed so I downloaded the version in the Moverio app store which was 4.1.18, so I don't have any previous versions to load.

The Moverio market only has the latest, and I can’t found the previous working version anymore.

Free Download APK File of the DJI GO 4 v4.1.15 for Android - APK4Fun

Delete 4.1.18 and navigate to this link while utilizing your Moverios. Take a look at the tutorials, you will need to go into settings and allow some permissions, etc. If you want to take a look at our FB group, Security Check Required. Lots of information and support.

Cheers.

I downloaded and installed 4.1.15 and the path to the obb file is:

/SDCARD1/Android/obb/dji.go.v4/main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

but when I start the app it says:

Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry.

The only setting I changed was under security to allow Unknown Sources.
Is there something I possibly missed?

Last edited:
Ok I had phone conversation with EPSON service two days ago. And I listen to their advice hard reset my BT300 then only install DJI GO 4.1.18 from Moverio Market. Although the guy said 95% go to fix the lag and video feed problem but unfortunately when I test outdoor today the video feed lag still here for approx 3-4 seconds delay and with pixelated as well. I tested initially with my Mavic Platinum and of course no luck. Then I tried to use BT300 with Spark thru WIFI connect to RC. Surprisingly, the lag is almost gone, at least like only half second delay that’s normal. So that’s really breezed! Remember two weeks ago the problem with IOS11.1.2 from iPhone? Now is exactly opposite! What the hell going on with these tech companies? How can they treat us like volunteer for beta test.

yep I have the same problem....incredibly glichy and delayed pixelated ...worked like a dream before the update....£700.00 piece of crap at the moment...updating the moverios with latest software as we speak...will report back with hopefully good news

Did some more testing

On the Spark there is no perceived latency and pixelation at all, even when recording and strangely this is when using wi-fi to connect to the Spark controller

You would have thought the latency and pixelation over a wi-fi network would be bad but this is not the case, go figure that one out.

On the Mavic, their are no significant latency issues but pixelation kicks in on and off when recording video in C4k and 4k
I've notice there is no pixelation is you use 2.7k quality and below

I have stopped all forms of caching and have cleared the video cache from time to time which seems to remove the pixelation.

I am not sure why I'm not getting the latency issues, but it maybe because I am using the Titan whip antennas with a higher gain over stock.

Next test tomorrow with the P4P , so that we can narrow it down to the Mavic firmware as being the issue as so far there is no issue with the Spark.

Last edited:
Reactions: godiva92
Ok I had phone conversation with EPSON service two days ago. And I listen to their advice hard reset my BT300 then only install DJI GO 4.1.18 from Moverio Market. Although the guy said 95% go to fix the lag and video feed problem but unfortunately when I test outdoor today the video feed lag still here for approx 3-4 seconds delay and with pixelated as well. I tested initially with my Mavic Platinum and of course no luck. Then I tried to use BT300 with Spark thru WIFI connect to RC. Surprisingly, the lag is almost gone, at least like only half second delay that’s normal. So that’s really breezed! Remember two weeks ago the problem with IOS11.1.2 from iPhone? Now is exactly opposite! What the **** going on with these tech companies? How can they treat us like volunteer for beta test.

godiva92 -- Check out the fallback thread I just posted.

Did some more testing

On the Spark there is no perceived latency and pixelation at all, even when recording and strangely this is when using wi-fi to connect to the Spark controller

You would have thought the latency and pixelation over a wi-fi network would be bad but this is not the case, go figure that one out.

On the Mavic, their are no significant latency issues but pixelation kicks in on and off when recording video in C4k and 4k
I've notice there is no pixelation is you use 2.7k quality and below

I have stopped all forms of caching and have cleared the video cache from time to time which seems to remove the pixelation.

I am not sure why I'm not getting the latency issues, but it maybe because I am using the Titan whip antennas with a higher gain over stock.

Next test tomorrow with the P4P , so that we can narrow it down to the Mavic firmware as being the issue as so far there is no issue with the Spark.

I also did similar test and found out Spark with WiFI isn’t a problem at all. But I doubt it has to do with anything of the antenna because I also has the Alientech install but nothing help at all. I tried to clear all cache but 3-5 seconds lag and pixelation still here. I just have not try the 4K video yet.
I have try to install Litchi in my BT300 and connect with Mavic Platinum at home. Surprisingly, the pixelation not anymore but still has half second lag but that I have to do a real flight outdoor later today to verify.

Last edited:
More test on BT300 with Mavic Platinum, this time I side load the Litchi as I completely give up DJI GO 4.1.18 as I don’t think adjust any setting goes to help.
I fly 3km far out with Litchi on BT300 with exactly same cabling. latency is almost gone, and there was slightly pixelation during take off and it was gone after that. So after all the trials I can confirm latency and pixelation are coming from the latest DJI Go 4. If anyone else also facing our issue, please also give Epson a call or email that their aware such happenings. This is serious issue they can’t just ignore.

Finalised my testing of the DJI Go4 1.4.18 app on the BT-300

On the P4P there is no lag or pixelation even when taking 4k video at 24fps

The Spark was no problem at all with no lag or pixelation at 1080p

It appears the problems lie solely with the Mavic firmware, where I still have some pixelation, although there is no perceivable lag

All of these tests were conducted with no caching and smooth transition settings. all AC and RC firmware were the latest version.

I suspect the lag issue is related to signal strength as I am using 9dbi gain whip antenna which are a bit more focused than the stock version, which I believe is 3dbi
Pixelation is due to wi-fi or bluetooth (smart watches etc.) interference

Finalised my testing of the DJI Go4 1.4.18 app on the BT-300

On the P4P there is no lag or pixelation even when taking 4k video at 24fps

The Spark was no problem at all with no lag or pixelation at 1080p

It appears the problems lie solely with the Mavic firmware, where I still have some pixelation, although there is no perceivable lag

All of these tests were conducted with no caching and smooth transition settings. all AC and RC firmware were the latest version.

I suspect the lag issue is related to signal strength as I am using 9dbi gain whip antenna which are a bit more focused than the stock version, which I believe is 3dbi
Pixelation is due to wi-fi or bluetooth (smart watches etc.) interference
Lannes, l don’t think it has anything to do with antennas or signal strength. After my trial today, Litchi work good with BT300 and Mavic but once switch to DJI GO its lag and pixelated again.

Just curious if any of you are flying the Platinum? I have one, but have not been able to fly for awhile. As this seems to be aircraft/firmware related, it will be interesting to see if the differences in the Platinum will make a difference or not.

Lannes, l don’t think it has anything to do with antennas or signal strength. After my trial today, Litchi work good with BT300 and Mavic but once switch to DJI GO its lag and pixelated again.

Yes I agree the DJI Go4 is not well optimised , I also think the app is now more cpu intensive, in other forums other users have started to post performance issues with the Ipad Mini 4, I think overtime it will outgrow the capabilities of the BT-300

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78