DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 and iPad Mini 4

Ynksfan27

Reactions
Hey guys, looking at purchasing an iPad Mini 4 to use with my M2Z. Just wondering how long everyone things DJI GO 4 will be supported on this device.

The mini 2 is still good on it i believe. the 4 is pretty **** new. I'd think you'll upgrade your drone before the mini needs to be replaced. I'm using one now.

Attachments

• mavic2studioshot.jpg
    mavic2studioshot.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 43
If you want a small tablet that fits the clamps on the RC, The mini 4 is one of the best there is, BUT, if you want to make sure you tech wont quickly become obsolete with DJI, go with the new 2018 full size Ipad. (Not the pro) They have been on sale for about the same price in the last weeks.
Here is a thought, you need the screen to see what images you are shooting, why NOT have a larger display to preview the shots?

Reactions: packnrat and fozzzy
The Mini 4 is an excellent choice, a very good size for the Mavic line. I've been using the CrystalSky lately but still switch back to my iPad Air 2 when I need to do mapping.

I bought the mini 4 earlier in the year, it’s fantastic and the size is perfect, it is getting on a bit in age now though and apple are well known for dropping support and updates on older models without warning, on past history I would say you have at least a year after it’s removed from sale before you have to consider a later version.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Hey guys, looking at purchasing an iPad Mini 4 to use with my M2Z. Just wondering how long everyone things DJI GO 4 will be supported on this device.
I'm using an iPad mini 2 cellular version with my mp2. I have absolutely no problems at all the app is supported all updates are flawless.

I bought the mini 4 earlier in the year, it’s fantastic and the size is perfect, it is getting on a bit in age now though and apple are well known for dropping support and updates on older models without warning, on past history I would say you have at least a year after it’s removed from sale before you have to consider a later version.
I have a mini 3 and still get the latest updates of iOS. Apple is better than Android in the update department.

Reactions: Krvelasco
If you want a small tablet that fits the clamps on the RC, The mini 4 is one of the best there is, BUT, if you want to make sure you tech wont quickly become obsolete with DJI, go with the new 2018 full size Ipad. (Not the pro) They have been on sale for about the same price in the last weeks.
Here is a thought, you need the screen to see what images you are shooting, why NOT have a larger display to preview the shots?

or have not so great eye sight. can see off a ways with glasses. up close can be a problem, (no glasses required) if what i am looking at is so small.
just changed phones a i5 to a xr. WOW. only really change due to the home button failed.

I do agree. I actually have that iPad but I can’t find a decent mount for it and haven’t wanted to spend the money on the Mavmount. I have the one that fstops was giving away for free on here a few weeks ago. It’s decent but a little too heavy. Figured the iPad Mini would be a good compromise. Maybe I’ll the mount and iPad I have, another chance. Also, would probably make more sense to spend the money on the mavmount rather than paying 300 for a new iPad lol.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I have seen where people put the ipad on a tripod and stand near it. NO extra weight on the RC.
I use a lanyard that hangs the RC/Ipad assembly around my neck to support the weight.
There are a lot of Mavic Ipad mounts out there, take your time and it will work itself out.

I use the mini 4 and a 9.7 professionally as my pilot and camera op screens respectively.

i have the ipad mini 4 for my mavic pros and never an issue fits very nicely in the controller grips

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter