DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Fallback to 4.1.15

One thing to note the image transmission settings impact on the video quality your recording, so there are some trade-off in trying to reduce latency and pixelation

This was best explained by a poster on the DJI forum, who said

"Smooth mode: 720p 60fps; normal mode: 720p 30fps; HD: 1080p 30fps.

Basically these are the setting that will stream back to the tablet or phone you use if you set them. however Smooth and HD mode does not allow you to record on the mavic pro in 4K/C4K and 2.7K. because of the extra processing the mavic pro has to do to transmit the extra data to your tablet or phone.

Also normal mode gives you the best wireless range since it uses the least bandwidth (can use 10Mhz slice of 2.4Ghz spectrum), smooth mode and HD mode cut the range way down (in most situations) because they have to use more bandwidth (forced to use 20Mhz slice of the 2.4Ghz spectrum)"

View attachment 26979

I didn't think the image transmission settings impacted anything other than the transmission of the image that is viewed for reference of what would be filmed at whatever settings were made for recording (i.e., 4K). You're saying that the transmission settings will impact the video quality of what is being recorded on the micro card on the Mavic?

I didn't think the image transmission settings impacted anything other than the transmission of the image that is viewed for reference of what would be filmed at whatever settings were made for recording (i.e., 4K). You're saying that the transmission settings will impact the video quality of what is being recorded on the micro card on the Mavic?

Yes, apparently they do impact on the video recording according to the DJI moderator on the other forum. however it doesn't seem logical that it does.

Maybe it has something to do with using the same data feed for video recording as well as image transmission back to the viewing device

I guess we can test it ?

The latency and pixelation issues with DJI Go 4 4.1.18 made my BT-300's unusable. I just recently purchased the BT-300's so the only option I had was to download 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with the software engineers at Epson and we finally figured out how to side load 4.1.15 onto the BT-300's. Loading 4.1.15 to my glasses has solved all the latency and pixelation issues and everything is good.

Following is the procedure to side load DJI Go 4 4.1.15 to your BT-300's. It might be a good idea to get these files even if you aren't planning on falling back to the previous version.

1. Go to Settings -> About Device -> System Updates and make sure you are on the latest firmware, you need to be on at least R1.1.0, the current version is R1.4.0 which I installed.

2. If you currently have DJI Go 4 installed then go to Settings -> Apps and uninstall DJI Go 4.

You will need 2 files, the apk file and the obb file.

3. Go to the following page to get the apk file:

Download DJI GO 4 APK 4.1.15 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

The file is named: [email protected]

4. Go to the following page and get the obb file:

main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip (64.57MB) - SendSpace.com

The file is named: main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

When you unzip the obb file it will unzip with the directories. You will want to take the apk file and the obb file and put them on your sd card. Insert the sd card into the BT-300, power up and start the MovFiler app. Go "UP" to the root directory where on the white line at the top of the screen you will see "/" showing you are in the root directory.

Tap on 'sdcard', then 'Android', there will be a data folder, if there is not an 'obb' folder then create it. (The folder names are case sensitive).

Click on the obb folder and create a folder called 'dji.go.v4'.

Go back 'UP' to the root directory. ( '/' on the white line at the top).

Tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and you should see your apk and obb file.

Hold down the cursor on the apk file and select 'Copy', then go up to the root directory ('/').

From the root directory tap 'sdcard' then tap the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap 'Paste' to put the apk file in this folder.

Go back up to the root directory ('/'), tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and hold down the cursor on the obb file, and select 'Copy', go to the root directory then tap 'sdcard' -> 'Android' -> 'obb' -> 'dji.go.v4' then paste the obb file.

Tap 'UP' 3 times to get to the '/sdcard' folder then click the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap and hold the dji apk file and then click "Install'. When the install completes, exit the MovFiler App, go to the apps screen and start DJI Go 4. It will load then it should load the resource file.

Finally, go fly!!

Thanks for the detailed guide you provided offering a possible fix for MP owners using BT-300's. I received a pair BT-300's last
Thursday. They worked fine on Friday - the display was fairly crisp but I was experiencing some latency issues using DJI GO.
I downloaded and installed DJI GO 4 and that seemed to solve those issues. The weather took a turn for the worst here on the
Gulf Coast over the weekend so I didn't get a chanced to fly again until Sunday afternoon. I made absolutely no changes or modifications
to either my MP or the BT-300, but when I fired up the MP and BT-300 on Sunday afternoon I started getting serious pixelation problems (similar to the issues we experienced a couple of weeks ago after a software update). In addition to that I get a warning
message saying that I've "reached the distance limits of the drone" and the it will not go any further! The same thing occurs with
altitude - I get a warning on the display and the drone won't climb above 150 ft!. I went into settings to make sure I wasn't in Beginners
Mode.
This is really weird.

I followed your guide's instructions to the letter on 3 attempts, each time when I tried to launch dji go 4 I go this message "failed to
get resource file please check your network connection and try again."
I unplugged then plugged in the usb cable between the
BT-300 and the controller, that didn't help. I shutdown the BT-300 after deleting and reinstalling GO 4 from the download site you listed in your thread then restarted everything - got the same result.

I really like these glasses - the display is amazingly crisp - but the issues with pixelation, latency, range and altitude limitations
render the glasses useless. VERY FRUSTRATING Epson!

Last edited:
So you can't get the side loaded DJI Go 1.4.15 version to run ?

Have you tried the 1.4.18 version from the Moverio Apps store to get everything back on an even keel.

If you have latency issue with the Mavic have you tried Litchi ?
The process to install it on the BT-300 is the same as installing in on the Crystalsky, just follow this video closely

Thanks for the detailed guide you provided offering a possible fix for MP owners using BT-300's. I received a pair BT-300's last
Thursday. They worked fine on Friday - the display was fairly crisp but I was experiencing some latency issues using DJI GO.
I downloaded and installed DJI GO 4 and that seemed to solve those issues. The weather took a turn for the worst here on the
Gulf Coast over the weekend so I didn't get a chanced to fly again until Sunday afternoon. I made absolutely no changes or modifications
to either my MP or the BT-300, but when I fired up the MP and BT-300 on Sunday afternoon I started getting serious pixelization problems (similar to the issues we experienced a couple of weeks ago after a software update). In addition to that I get a warning
message saying that I've "reached the distance limits of the drone" and the it will not go any further! The same thing occurs with
altitude - I get a warning on the display and the drone won't climb above 150 ft!. I went into settings to make sure I wasn't in Beginners
Mode.
This is really weird.

I followed your guide's instructions to the letter on 3 attempts, each time when I tried to launch dji go 4 I go this message "failed to
get resource file please check your network connection and try again."
I unplugged then plugged in the usb cable between the
BT-300 and the controller, that didn't help. I shutdown the BT-300 after deleting and reinstalling GO 4 from the download site you listed in your thread then restarted everything - got the same result.

I really like these glasses - the display is amazingly crisp - but the issues with pixelization, latency, range and altitude limitations
render the glasses useless. VERY FRUSTRATING Epson!

The reason you got the error on the resource file is because you need to copy the obb file to the 'sdcard' folder off of the root directory, not off the '/storage' folder. You know you are in the wrong place if you see both sdcard0 and sdcard1, you need to go up another level to the root directory and then find the 'sdcard' folder.

So you can't get the side loaded DJI Go 1.4.15 version to run ?

Have you tried the 1.4.18 version from the Moverio Apps store to get everything back on an even keel.

If you have latency issue with the Mavic have you tried Litchi ?
The process to install it on the BT-300 is the same as installing in on the Crystalsky, just follow this video closely

Hi,
Thanks for responding to my thread. I tried your suggestion - I uninstalled the version of GO 4 that I was using
then downloaded and installed GO 4 from Moverio App store. This version loads and runs fine, however I still have
the pixelation issues. The weather was not very good when I did my test flight today, I wasn't able to fly my MP
high enough or far enough away to see if my altitude and range was still limited. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for responding to my thread. I tried your suggestion - I uninstalled the version of GO 4 that I was using
then downloaded and installed GO 4 from Moverio App store. This version loads and runs fine, however I still have
the pixelization issues. The weather was not very good when I did my test flight today, I wasn't able to fly my MP
high enough or far enough away to see if my altitude and range was still limited. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Merry Christmas

Try turning off all forms of caching, video and audio.
I believe the pixelation could be caused by 2.4ghz interference, when I turned off my mesh routers it disappeared

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Tonye, you save my life! I just bought the Moverio yesterday and was about to tear up when flying this morning. Fallback to 4.1.15 solved the video lag and map placement issue.

One thing I can't seem to fix is the radar displaying incorrectly the direction of the aircraft. Any ideas on this?

Edit: after 10 mins of flying Mavic, I realise that the longer you fly the slower the video gets. Up to a point near the 15 mins it starts to become pixelated and unusable. I am suspecting this to be a memory leak in the app or maybe throttling of the Moverio gpu.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
From the root directory tap 'sdcard' then tap the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap 'Paste' to put the apk file in this folder.

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping someone can help me out- i got stuck at this step. After I cut and paste the .apk file, and go back to root directory, then "sdcard", there is no "InstallAPK" folder to paste to.. What am I missing?

Thanks!

[QUOTE="

I'm hoping someone can help me out- i got stuck at this step. After I cut and paste the .apk file, and go back to root directory, then "sdcard", there is no "InstallAPK" folder to paste to.. What am I missing?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It may be that the 'InstallAPK' folder is created only after you have downloaded an app. It doesn't matter though, just create a folder in the root directory where you want to put the apk file. Once it's there and you have put the obb file in the proper location then go back to wherever you put the apk file and tap and hold it and then tap 'Install' and that should properly install it.

Thanks!

It may be that the 'InstallAPK' folder is created only after you have downloaded an app. It doesn't matter though, just create a folder in the root directory where you want to put the apk file. Once it's there and you have put the obb file in the proper location then go back to wherever you put the apk file and tap and hold it and then tap 'Install' and that should properly install it.[/QUOTE]

Well you were right- I hadn't downloaded any other apps previously- so I downloaded one and the "InstallAPK" folder appeared. Got everything done, but like Ozzie (above), i get the same error downloading resource file message. I've followed your instructions very closely making sure to pull the right files from the right places. Bummer that I can't get .15 to install properly! Is it possible that I need to install .18 first? Also, I unzipped the obb file before putting it on the SD card- should I have left it zipped and intact before loading it?

Last edited:
It may be that the 'InstallAPK' folder is created only after you have downloaded an app. It doesn't matter though, just create a folder in the root directory where you want to put the apk file. Once it's there and you have put the obb file in the proper location then go back to wherever you put the apk file and tap and hold it and then tap 'Install' and that should properly install it.

Well you were right- I hadn't downloaded any other apps previously- so I downloaded one and the "InstallAPK" folder appeared. Got everything done, but like Ozzie (above), i get the same error downloading resource file message. I've followed your instructions very closely making sure to pull the right files from the right places. Bummer that I can't get .15 to install properly! Is it possible that I need to install .18 first? Also, I unzipped the obb file before putting it on the SD card- should I have left it zipped and intact before loading it?

mreloc - I fought the same problem for quite a while and its all about where the obb file is located. in MOVFiler navigate to the obb file. On the while line at the top it should read:

/sdcard/Android/obb/dji.go.v4

and beneath that line you should see the obb file with the name:

main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

Make sure that it is indeed in that location and remember everything is case sensitive as well. Let us know if thats exactly how you had it or whether that fixes the problem.

mreloc - I fought the same problem for quite a while and its all about where the obb file is located. in MOVFiler navigate to the obb file. On the while line at the top it should read:
I think Epson should giving us a rebate for the time wasted messing about trying to get the £700 product to do what we bought it for....

Make sure that it is indeed in that location and remember everything is case sensitive as well. Let us know if thats exactly how you had it or whether that fixes the problem.

I think Epson should giving us a rebate for the time wasted messing about trying to get the £700 product to do what we bought it for....

In\\\

Unfortunately, the file is in the correct place (and is case correct) and it still won't download the resource files. I've deleted and repeated the steps again just to make sure. The only thing left for me to try is to re-download the files directly onto my sd card (where the obb file will remain compressed) in lieu of downloading to my pc first and unzipping. Is this what you did?

(By the way, your patience with me and the other forum members is commendable- many of us would be lost without you!)

In\\\

Unfortunately, the file is in the correct place (and is case correct) and it still won't download the resource files. I've deleted and repeated the steps again just to make sure. The only thing left for me to try is to re-download the files directly onto my sd card (where the obb file will remain compressed) in lieu of downloading to my pc first and unzipping. Is this what you did?

(By the way, your patience with me and the other forum members is commendable- many of us would be lost without you!)

You'll want the unzipped obb file rather than using the zipped file. The only thing I can think of is that your obb file is corrupt. Have you tried downloading it again and trying with a different copy?

If that doesn't fix it then call Epson support at: (562) 276-4394
You'll get a first level guy that knows how to turn the glasses on and off, tell him you need one of the software engineers to call you back and help you load the obb file. He'll have no idea what you're talking about but he will pass it on and you should get a call back the same day. The software guys really are helpful and hopefully they can figure out what is going on.

You'll want the unzipped obb file rather than using the zipped file. The only thing I can think of is that your obb file is corrupt. Have you tried downloading it again and trying with a different copy?

If that doesn't fix it then call Epson support at: (562) 276-4394
You'll get a first level guy that knows how to turn the glasses on and off, tell him you need one of the software engineers to call you back and help you load the obb file. He'll have no idea what you're talking about but he will pass it on and you should get a call back the same day. The software guys really are helpful and hopefully they can figure out what is going on.[/

Last edited:
Good luck Ozzie. Did you already have .18 version loaded? I didn’t and wonder if there might be something to that. I just downloaded .18 and it brought with it a ton of components in the file structure that i didn’t see when i side loaded .15. I’ll try downloading .15 next and see if by some magic that helps resolve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones