DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Fallback to 4.1.15

Good luck Ozzie. Did you already have .18 version loaded? I didn’t and wonder if there might be something to that. I just downloaded .18 and it brought with it a ton of components in the file structure that i didn’t see when i side loaded .15. I’ll try downloading .15 next and see if by some magic that helps resolve it.

mreloc - That may make a difference because I did see that there are quite a few components to DJI Go 4. I had loaded and deleted .18 before I installed .15. I hope that works for you.

===================================================================================================
Hello All,

I'm sad to report that I followed Tonye53's instructions again to the letter. I carefully checked to ensure that the apk and the obb files were
in the correct locations and that the case and spelling were correct. Go 4 installed correctly but when I tried to launch it I got the same
"error downloading resource file" message. I'm goin to re-download the obb file and replace the copy that I've been using with the "fresh" obb file. I'll report back to with my results.

I'll be interested to see if that makes a difference, that message is because it is not finding the obb file in the folder it is looking for it to be in. I uninstalled and reinstalled just to make sure it wasn't a fluke that it worked for me but it came up fine again. You want to create the folders within MovFiler rather than in Windows and dropping the folders.

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET SUCCESS !!!!!!

I was finally able to get my BT-300 to play nice with my MP by retrograding back to 4.1.15!!!
After numerous failed attempts at it using Tonye53's guide I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I kept getting an "error downloading resource file" message, it finally dawned on me that I had
copied and pasted a folder named "main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb" not a file! So I went back to the unzipped main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb that I download onto my desktop computer from 1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip. I found the main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb folder then drilled down
(main.../Android/obb/dji.go.v4/ and then the file - main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb). I deleted the
main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb folder that I had been incorrectly copying and pasting then copied the main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb file onto the BT-300's SD card then copied and pasted it into the place specified in Tonye53's guide. This time it loaded and ran like a champ! Even better the
BT-300's working beautifully - no more pixilation and no more latency! What a nice display, coolest
thing I've seen since the F-16 (well almost). Thank you so much for all your help guys.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET SUCCESS !!!!!!

I was finally able to get my BT-300 to play nice with my MP by retrograding back to 4.1.15!!!
After numerous failed attempts at it using Tonye53's guide I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I kept getting an "error downloading resource file" message, it finally dawned on me that I had
copied and pasted a folder named "main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb" not a file! So I went back to the unzipped main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb that I download onto my desktop computer from 1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip. I found the main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb folder then drilled down
(main.../Android/obb/dji.go.v4/ and then the file - main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb). I deleted the
main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb folder that I had been incorrectly copying and pasting then copied the main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb file onto the BT-300's SD card then copied and pasted it into the place specified in Tonye53's guide. This time it loaded and ran like a champ! Even better the
BT-300's works beautifully - no more pixilation and no more latency! What a nice display, coolest
thing I've seen since the F-16 (well almost). Thank you so much for all your help guys.

Merry Christmas

Dude- you may have saved my sanity- I’ll give this a shot when i get home but i think that’s my issue :)

Hi I am using .15 and mavic pro with moverio. Flies well for the first few minutes the starts to slow down and pixilated. Anyone can help? I closed all apps only dji running. I have also disabled cache video and not recording anything when flying.

Dude- you may have saved my sanity- I’ll give this a shot when i get home but i think that’s my issue :)
CHRISTMAS IS SAVED !! Yipee!! It worked. Thanks to Ozzie and Tonye for working this out! On the bright side, I am getting very good at mastering the trackpad and comfortable navigating the file system ;)

Last edited:
CHRISTMAS IS SAVED !! Yipee!! It worked. Thanks to Ozzie and Tonye for working this out! On the bright side, I am getting very good at mastering the trackpad and comfortable navigating the file system ;)

mreloc and Ozzie -- Congrats guys, I'm glad to hear you're up and running, happy flying!!

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
The latency and pixelation issues with DJI Go 4 4.1.18 made my BT-300's unusable. I just recently purchased the BT-300's so the only option I had was to download 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with the software engineers at Epson and we finally figured out how to side load 4.1.15 onto the BT-300's. Loading 4.1.15 to my glasses has solved all the latency and pixelation issues and everything is good.

Following is the procedure to side load DJI Go 4 4.1.15 to your BT-300's. It might be a good idea to get these files even if you aren't planning on falling back to the previous version.

1. Go to Settings -> About Device -> System Updates and make sure you are on the latest firmware, you need to be on at least R1.1.0, the current version is R1.4.0 which I installed.

2. If you currently have DJI Go 4 installed then go to Settings -> Apps and uninstall DJI Go 4.

You will need 2 files, the apk file and the obb file.

3. Go to the following page to get the apk file:

Download DJI GO 4 APK 4.1.15 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

The file is named: [email protected]

4. Go to the following page and get the obb file:

main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip (64.57MB) - SendSpace.com

The file is named: main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

When you unzip the obb file it will unzip with the directories. You will want to take the apk file and the obb file and put them on your sd card. Insert the sd card into the BT-300, power up and start the MovFiler app. Go "UP" to the root directory where on the white line at the top of the screen you will see "/" showing you are in the root directory.

Tap on 'sdcard', then 'Android', there will be a data folder, if there is not an 'obb' folder then create it. (The folder names are case sensitive).

Click on the obb folder and create a folder called 'dji.go.v4'.

Go back 'UP' to the root directory. ( '/' on the white line at the top).

Tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and you should see your apk and obb file.

Hold down the cursor on the apk file and select 'Copy', then go up to the root directory ('/').

From the root directory tap 'sdcard' then tap the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap 'Paste' to put the apk file in this folder.

Go back up to the root directory ('/'), tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and hold down the cursor on the obb file, and select 'Copy', go to the root directory then tap 'sdcard' -> 'Android' -> 'obb' -> 'dji.go.v4' then paste the obb file.

Tap 'UP' 3 times to get to the '/sdcard' folder then click the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap and hold the dji apk file and then click "Install'. When the install completes, exit the MovFiler App, go to the apps screen and start DJI Go 4. It will load then it should load the resource file.

Finally, go fly!!

Does this only work for the Spark? I followed the steps, but cant set equipment to the Mavic. Am I missing something?

Just saw the post by epsonmoverio. I'm going to wait for the new code since, in hindsight, I'm pretty sure I was chasing my tail anyway...ha ha.

Well my mavic is now up and running with the BT-300's. Epson tech support was no help at all. All the credit go's to Tonye53.
I followed his step by step instructions, and now all is fine. With out the help and support of forums like this, I would have been lost, and would have returned the Moverio's to Amazon. Thanks again to Tonye53, you made my Christmas!

Sorry but can somebody tell me what is the best to do for me when end of January I ll buy the Moverio for take ONLY foto by my Mavic ? For esample the model has already the 4.1.18 installed and in any case i have to find a way to go back at 4.1.15 ? I m not an expert pls write me using simple words.
Thank u

Sorry but can somebody tell me what is the best to do for me when end of January I ll buy the Moverio for take ONLY foto by my Mavic ? For esample the model has already the 4.1.18 installed and in any case i have to find a way to go back at 4.1.15 ? I m not an expert pls write me using simple words.
Thank u

Hi Gianni
Before installing 4.1.15, you should delete 4.1.18. I'm not used to Android, but it was simple. To delete, you put the curser on the DJI G4, press and hold the trackpad until it vibrates.. then, while holding down, drag the app to the top of the screen to the trashcan to delete it.

Then, follow Tonye's instructions at the beginning of this thread. It's not too difficult. Good luck!

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Have anyone same problem as me with 4.1.15? The first 10mins is smooth but gradually becomes Laggy and pixelated. Mavic pro here... tried resetting and reinstalling too.

Have anyone same problem as me with 4.1.15? The first 10mins is smooth but gradually becomes Laggy and pixelated. Mavic pro here... tried resetting and reinstalling too.

Urban or country location ?

Have you turned off all caching back to the BT-300 ?

Hopefully you closed all other apps before running DJI Go4 ?

Could be related to overheating due to increased CPU load, which 4.1.18 was supposed to fix, this is a bit of a conundrum

Urban or country location ?

Have you turned off all caching back to the BT-300 ?

Hopefully you closed all other apps before running DJI Go4 ?

Could be related to overheating due to increased CPU load, which 4.1.18 was supposed to fix, this is a bit of a conundrum

Yes I turned off caching, not recording. Urban locarion and closed all apps except dji go running. I have a feeling it's linked to the flight routing when flying because it will remain smooth if I did not fly. I tried just turning on the mavic and all will be smooth for 45 mins testing.

Moverio is crispy clear during sunny days... how I hope it can run nicely like my ipad.

Tonight I will try setting the video recording to 30fps instead of 60fps to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the detailed guide you provided offering a possible fix for MP owners using BT-300's. I received a pair BT-300's last
Thursday. They worked fine on Friday - the display was fairly crisp but I was experiencing some latency issues using DJI GO.
I downloaded and installed DJI GO 4 and that seemed to solve those issues. The weather took a turn for the worst here on the
Gulf Coast over the weekend so I didn't get a chanced to fly again until Sunday afternoon. I made absolutely no changes or modifications
to either my MP or the BT-300, but when I fired up the MP and BT-300 on Sunday afternoon I started getting serious pixelation problems (similar to the issues we experienced a couple of weeks ago after a software update). In addition to that I get a warning
message saying that I've "reached the distance limits of the drone" and the it will not go any further! The same thing occurs with
altitude - I get a warning on the display and the drone won't climb above 150 ft!. I went into settings to make sure I wasn't in Beginners
Mode.
This is really weird.

I followed your guide's instructions to the letter on 3 attempts, each time when I tried to launch dji go 4 I go this message "failed to
get resource file please check your network connection and try again."
I unplugged then plugged in the usb cable between the
BT-300 and the controller, that didn't help. I shutdown the BT-300 after deleting and reinstalling GO 4 from the download site you listed in your thread then restarted everything - got the same result.

I really like these glasses - the display is amazingly crisp - but the issues with pixelation, latency, range and altitude limitations
render the glasses useless. VERY FRUSTRATING Epson!
Return it while you still can. That’s the advice I can give it to you. Buy it again when they fix the problem, that’s the only way to draw Epson attention.

You
Yes I turned off caching, not recording. Urban locarion and closed all apps except dji go running. I have a feeling it's linked to the flight routing when flying because it will remain smooth if I did not fly. I tried just turning on the mavic and all will be smooth for 45 mins testing.

Moverio is crispy clear during sunny days... how I hope it can run nicely like my ipad.

Tonight I will try setting the video recording to 30fps instead of 60fps to see if it makes any difference.
you got to the point Flight route! That’s the bug screw up BT300 and Mavic connect since it launched. And neither DJI nor Epson is go to tag on the problem and fix it. Now DJI new version GO turned BT300 to be a sunglasses with cable.

Did you update to the latest BT-300 firmware and then back port the DJI Go4 4.1.15 ?

Or did you just backport it on old BT-300 firmware ?

Also if your testing indoors there will all sorts of interference on 2.4ghz

On the BT-300 have you turned off wi-fi and bluetooth, also on the phone and watch if you have those. Bluetooth operates on 2.4ghz as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev