DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 on Android crashing on startup today 8/5/20

TomSull

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi, we got the remnants of the hurricane up here in the northeast, getting some pretty significant winds (up to 60 MPH or so). We lost power for about 18 hours and just got it back. I'm on a 1.75 acre lot that is heavily wooded with wetlands in the back. During the high winds, we heard what sounded like 2 trees going down in the back, so today, after getting power, I thought I'd survey the area with the Mavic 2 Pro.

Unfortunately, even though I just used it with no issues 3 days ago, today, when I started the DJI Go 4 on my Samsung Note9 today, it crashes on startup. I rebooted the phone, tried it without the controller connected as well as with a USB connection between the controller and the phone, and again, DJI Go 4 crashes right after it shows it's initial splashscreen.

Anyone else seeing this? How do I get this working? I'll try DJI support and report back. Version is 4.3.37.

I lost Go4 on my hudl2 (British tablet) a few days ago, it was probably pushing the limit of what the Hudl2 could do but the app wont start now. As far as I am aware I did not update it and the wifi would be off when it was running.

I just tried Go 4 on my wife's S10+, it came right up after applying an update. No issues there. I'm on chat with DJI support now.

OK, support was unable to find the cause. It's crashing even before it creates a log file in DJI.Go.4/Logs/Crash (the last crash file in there was from May). It simply shows the Mavic 2 Pro image splash screen, then terminates.

The support person said he'd have engineering check on it and he'll report back to me in 1-2 days. I'm not trying a re-install just yet so that they can possibly get some diag information on this issue. PhiliusFoggg, I DID mention your issue to him as well as possibly related just in case.

In the meantime, my wife will let me use her phone. I'm eager to see what happened with the trees behind my house. Lots of limbs down driving around yesterday evening.

Last edited:
I’m on 4.3.38 ?

Reactions: old man mavic
I know there is one for phantom 3's but haven't found one as yet for mavics

I’m searching but nothing yet. @msinger would know I would think.

Hi, we got the remnants of the hurricane up here in the northeast, getting some pretty significant winds (up to 60 MPH or so). We lost power for about 18 hours and just got it back. I'm on a 1.75 acre lot that is heavily wooded with wetlands in the back. During the high winds, we heard what sounded like 2 trees going down in the back, so today, after getting power, I thought I'd survey the area with the Mavic 2 Pro.

Unfortunately, even though I just used it with no issues 3 days ago, today, when I started the DJI Go 4 on my Samsung Note9 today, it crashes on startup. I rebooted the phone, tried it without the controller connected as well as with a USB connection between the controller and the phone, and again, DJI Go 4 crashes right after it shows it's initial splashscreen.

Anyone else seeing this? How do I get this working? I'll try DJI support and report back. Version is 4.3.37.

If you’re on IOS there’s an update to Go4. 4.3.38

Reactions: dirkclod
Here ya go:

Also, when you find your version you want, (the earlier versions a way less resource hungry), make sure you clear the cache etc. from your device before you load and install the new version of the app....

BTW, I still be using 4.0.4, rock solid...but I have been playing with the latest NLD version of the Go4 app.....seems stable, so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I didn't experience crashing on startup, but I did have my Go 4 app disconnect twice while flying last week. Version 4.3.47 for android. Controller was still connected to the AC, and the cable to the phone was intact. The app just skipped back to the previous screen and all I had to do was press "Go Fly" and it was back to normal. (Thinking about it now, I would guess that the home point was deleted.) I haven't a clue as to why that happened. Anyone else seen this?

Upon calling DJI back last Friday, they ultimately said that my Samsung Note 9 wasn't a supported device. On the software download page for the Mavic 2's, it lists some fairly old Samsung's that are compatible, but only a few. Looks like they don't QA many different models and deem them supportable.
So, I saved my data, uninstalled DJI Go 4, then re-installed it and merged back in my flight data, etc, just to keep a running history (and backed it up to my computer as well anyway). Everything works again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet