DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I've nothing against Android, but it seems to me that's where the most griping over disconnects, no-connects, etc. seem to come from. I'd hazard a guess that trying to go for older (thus cheaper) or new but cheap Android phones may lead to frustrations.
Yes, sir. You rarely see anyone complaining about the Apple devices on the list.

Reactions: Soundtekk
You need to scroll back up slightly on that webpage
Or does DJI Ken need to scroll down and start referencing the updated list? Those devices are listed on many pages on DJI's website. If it was a mistake, someone would have corrected it by now (or not posted those devices in the first place). The fact that you saw someone from DJI copying/pasting an old list of devices does not mean it's the correct list. The DJI team is there to help in their forum, but the information they provide is not always accurate.

If you're really concerned about this conflicting list, then you should contact DJI directly and urge them to fix it. There's no sense in going back and forth with me on it because neither of us know why there are conflicting lists.

Or does DJI Ken need to scroll down and start referencing the correct list? Those devices are listed on many pages on DJI's website. If it was a mistake, someone would have corrected it by now (or not posted those devices in the first place). The fact that you saw someone from DJI copying/pasting an old list of devices does not mean it's the correct list. The DJI team is there to help in their forum, but the information they provide is not always accurate.

If you're really concerned about this conflicting list, then you should contact DJI directly and urge them to fix it. There's no sense in going back and forth with me on it because neither of us know why there are conflicting lists.

No, the shorter list is the correct one - it's the one all the DJI staff reference they even explain why the S7 isn't on the list as there's an issue they claim Samsung won't fix. The only evidence for your list is a single reference outwith the main Mavic section, you cannot provide any evidence to back that up from DJI whereas I have repeatedly. That's the official factual information from DJI whether you like it or not.

I wish you had just said from the start you had no interest in keeping that list up to date or accurate, it would have saved a lot of time wasted digging up posts to repeatedly prove the information I was giving you was correct (something you haven't even been able to do once) however when you keep posting that link to people, you should stop misleading people about it being up to date particularly when giving a high recommendation for a device known to have serious problems with DJI Go 4 and the Mavic.

Each to their own I guess.

John

The only evidence for your list is a single reference outwith the main Mavic section, you cannot provide any evidence to back that up from DJI whereas I have repeatedly
I'm not trying to provide evidence and/or convince you of anything. Here's where I found this information on the DJI website:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

it would have saved a lot of time wasted digging up posts to repeatedly prove the information I was giving you was correct
The information you're digging up is from a forum. I'm referencing the official DJI website. Think about that for a minute.

FYI, there are other newly added devices in the updated list I'm referencing. Those devices don't appear in the list you keep quoting from the DJI forum either.

the DJI staff reference they even explain why the S7 isn't on the list as there's an issue they claim Samsung won't fix
Check out this post in the same thread you're referencing. Or check out this post and this post. I don't own an S7, so I'm not able to speak from experience. However, the S7 seems to work just fine when configured properly.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, my iPad mini (first version) will not download the DJI go 4 app. It will download version 3. They are different apps.

I can download, run, and fly DJI go 4 on my:
iPad Air 2
iPhone 6
IPhone 7+

Using the iPhone 6 right now as a dedicated device with the Mavic controller. When my son gets his new iPad Pro, I will get my iPad mini 3 back and will use that as the dedicated controller device.

Well, I just go a new phone... Huawei P9, Android 6.0, and it is running GO4 flawlessly (so far)
So you can add that to your list... or not.
Ipad pro is just around the corner, so the phone will just be a spare/emergency device anyway....

I would like to know if the LG V20 phone is supported. We have to Mavic's and both my son and myself have LG V20 phones. And both CRASH THE DJI GO 4 APP, multiple times during a single flight. Not comfortable flying and distance. Have a chance to up grade to the Samsung's new Galaxy S8 phone, but then it probably has now be tested yet. Suggestions, do not really want to have a separate device just for the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC