DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses

Ordered mine on 8th January - arriving within the next hour. 11 days from ordering is pretty **** good.

Update 3 hours later - the lenses have arrived. The whole set-up is thinner than my focus-fixers, about 40% thinner at one end. They slip onto the original lenses and stay put. Wearing the goggles with them on is fine - nice, sharp images. So far so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: scubanyc
About Focus Fixers: I'm a bit disappointed about them. Ordered on their site back in November, never received the item and got no help whatsoever when I contacted the makers (asked them to simply start a track&trace order)

Just wanted to let everyone know my problem with Focus Fixers has been solved:

Turns out German customs messed up, returning the parcel to sender without informing me.

Chris from Focus Fixers tried to contact me back then for clarification, unfortunately on an email address I don't monitor regularly. My fault - I clearly have too may email addresses...

Yesterday we got in touch through this forum and sorted things out in a heartbeat. Fast, friendly communication. So please consider the negative comments I made in my previous post on this thread as null and void.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I really like the googles and I dont wear reading glasses but I do notice that the image could be clearer in the goggles if I force the screen closer. I thought I read the goggles almost need it. Since I normally dont wear glasses do you think I could still benefit from say buying the 2.0 lens? Thanks
I was same as yourself, slightly soft overall. Just received+ 2.0 from DJI and the screen is now pin sharp all over. they fit perfectly on top of the original lenses as well. I was slightly disappointed in the goggles at first but now these lenses have made night and day difference.

Got mine from dji yesterday. They’re a great improvement over the magnifying lenses I was using that were held in place with a magnet. I was using a 5 power but ordered the 4.5 power from dji.
Luckily I didn’t have a problem with my nose and the fit. I’d imagine the focus fixer is similarly good. I’d recommend either over reading/magnifying lenses.

Anybody tried the corrective lenses from DJI’s store yet. I just ordered the 4.5 prescription.
d423dcb327361e36140b775994f66854.jpg
That takes some guts, charge for something to fix a defect.

For all those people having focus problems with their DJI Goggles, I re-measured the distance from the lens to the LCD screen and it is 7 cm. This means the DGI Goggles screen is at a virtual distance of 23cm or 9 inches. If you can focus your eyes on this distance then the screen should be clear. If you need readers at this distance then you will also need them for the goggles. The problem is when you want to lift the goggles to view the drone. In this case you will have to remove your readers also. Ideally the goggles should have adjustable focus to suit all, but a simpler solution would be if DJI would increase the strength of the DJI Goggles lens from 10 diopters to 12.5 diopters. This means that an INCREASE in lens power is required by the DJI Goggles of 2.5 diopters. This would be a small change with negligible affect on the weight or cost of the goggles. With this power the DGI Goggles screen would be at a virtual distance of 56 cm or 22 inches and most people would not need their readers or have to add corrective lenses to their DJI goggles. If DJI feels they have no obligation to recall or exchange the goggles with the original underpowered 10 diopters lenses, then they could at least make available a kit of 12.5 diopters lenses as a free upgrade to all those affected. It would then be a simple matter for anyone with an once of DIY sense to remove a few screws and replace the lenses themselves and the problem would be solved.

For all those people having focus problems with their DJI Goggles, I re-measured the distance from the lens to the LCD screen and it is 7 cm. This means the DGI Goggles screen is at a virtual distance of 23cm or 9 inches...

Very interesting! What is the math behind that?

And did you actually disassemble the goggles to measure distance and lens power?

I must admit that sofar I I did not even look for the screws that hold everything in place...

I hope DJI reads your post, because the solution you describe sounds very much like common sense...

I guess for some it’s a defect, and for others it’s not. My son can use the goggles re without any problems and says it is perfectly clear. Then again, he’s young and uses very small font on his phone. I on the other hand use large font and require some assistance.

I purchased and received the DJI corrective lenses. I purchased the +3.0D since my Rx readers are close to 2 (they’re not the same on both sides, but close enough). So far I am very pleased. The image is clear from edge to edge.

I wish they would have come with the goggles, but that’s okay. I also wish they had a case so if/when I remove them they are protected. But I will just print one.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
I just ordered a pair, I'm assuming from this thread I need to buy lenses? Will the goggles fit over my glasses? Not really a big deal, just need to run to Walmart to figure out what strength I need as I do not remember what strength glasses I have.

Anybody tried the corrective lenses from DJI’s store yet. I just ordered the 4.5 prescription.
d423dcb327361e36140b775994f66854.jpg
Anyone have a link for the DJI lenses in the USA? If I click on the link posted in this thread, I get not available in your country. I've search the DJI store with every variation of the product description I can think of. Or has DJI fixed the goggles so optional lenses aren't required?

Or has DJI fixed the goggles so optional lenses aren't required?
Nope. I'm not sure why they are no longer available in the US. Whenever I've seen that message in the past, it meant the product was discontinued.

I just received a set of lenses from DJI last Friday. I ordered mine through the DJI Go app that I have on my iPhone. Surprisingly, it only took them about a week to send them to me

If you go onto the DJI site and change the region (on the upper right of the page) the lenses are available in all other regions. Of course this may just be temporary.

I bought a pair of Focus Fixers. They shipped a few days earlier than expected but the wait was still 6 weeks or so. I need 3.5 for reading so I ordered 4s. Perfect. Snapped in easily, Everything is in focus. Very happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143