DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses

For anyone who was waiting to buy these in the US, they are now available again here in the DJI Store.

Reactions: motosx
I just ordered a pair of the lenses, they should be here tomorrow. Only 2 day shipping isnt too bad! although $10 shipping is a joke! I will let everyone know how they work out! Thanks again msinger for your help.

I got my lenses today for the googles, they are very high quality and even have the anti reflective coating on them. They are about 1/4" thick. They snap in and out very easily. I did notice that the DJI 2.5 power was not as strong as a 2.5 power reading glasses I have. So that may be something to consider. Also if you adjust the eyes close together, the glasses will extend and hit your nose. At least it did in my case, but if you have them spread out more than half way, they did not get in the way.

I got my lenses today for the googles, they are very high quality and even have the anti reflective coating on them. They are about 1/4" thick. They snap in and out very easily. I did notice that the DJI 2.5 power was not as strong as a 2.5 power reading glasses I have. So that may be something to consider. Also if you adjust the eyes close together, the glasses will extend and hit your nose. At least it did in my case, but if you have them spread out more than half way, they did not get in the way.
I believe, DJI states that you should order lenses 1 diopter greater than your prescription. I too, have a 2.5 diopter increase in my reading glasses, I ordered a set of 3.5, seems just about perfect, to me.

I believe, DJI states that you should order lenses 1 diopter greater than your prescription
That's correct. The product page states the following:

"The recommended diopter is +1.0D higher than your prescription. For example, for a +2.0D diopter, +3.0D Goggles corrective lenses should be selected."

yup, I don't wear glasses lol but I needed them for the googles. What I was trying to say was even though I got a 2.5 glasses at the dollar store, the dji 2.5 looks weaker. That's all I was trying to say:)

For all those people having focus problems with their DJI Goggles, I re-measured the distance from the lens to the LCD screen and it is 7 cm. This means the DGI Goggles screen is at a virtual distance of 23cm or 9 inches. If you can focus your eyes on this distance then the screen should be clear. If you need readers at this distance then you will also need them for the goggles. The problem is when you want to lift the goggles to view the drone. In this case you will have to remove your readers also. Ideally the goggles should have adjustable focus to suit all, but a simpler solution would be if DJI would increase the strength of the DJI Goggles lens from 10 diopters to 12.5 diopters. This means that an INCREASE in lens power is required by the DJI Goggles of 2.5 diopters. This would be a small change with negligible affect on the weight or cost of the goggles. With this power the DGI Goggles screen would be at a virtual distance of 56 cm or 22 inches and most people would not need their readers or have to add corrective lenses to their DJI goggles. If DJI feels they have no obligation to recall or exchange the goggles with the original underpowered 10 diopters lenses, then they could at least make available a kit of 12.5 diopters lenses as a free upgrade to all those affected. It would then be a simple matter for anyone with an once of DIY sense to remove a few screws and replace the lenses themselves and the problem would be solved.
Great point DocPat. I think that DJI should at least give buyers a choice, during the purchase, to choose a diopter that would correct their view. Instead, they are now selling corrective lenses for $29 a set.

heres what they look like, the one the right side of the goggle has the lens on it.

Attachments

• 20180209_115426.jpg
    20180209_115426.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20180209_115452.jpg
    20180209_115452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
We've recently cleared our back-log and now Focus-Fixers ship within a week. New stock every Saturday morning but they tend to sell out by the end of the day. We send out in stock notices the day before if you sign up. Focus-Fixers are specially engineered to minimize the potential impact to the bridge of the nose as well as provide an easy grip handle to remove them from the goggles. Over 1000 happy customers!

Focus-Fixers

Our guide for selecting the right diopter strength - good for any brand
Select a Lens

Thanks
Chris
[email protected]

I use a pair of $2 2x reader glasses. Just popped out the lenses from the readers and used blu tack to hold them in place on top of the screens inside the goggles.

Works great!

I use a pair of $2 2x reader glasses. Just popped out the lenses from the readers and used blu tack to hold them in place on top of the screens inside the goggles.

Works great!
can u post a photo or 2, i am intersted in doing this as well

Easy solution. Not certain you need to put putty around the entire lens. Just a drop top and bottom to hole in place.

Easy solution. Not certain you need to put putty around the entire lens. Just a drop top and bottom to hole in place.

I tried that but got too much wobble but I'm sure with some effort you could do out a lot tidier.

What is the size of the len opening? I'm thinking of getting the goggles and would want to have a pair of readers I can destroy and put the lenses in the goggles...putty seems ok for me.

I need to know the lens opening dimensions to I get glasses that have a lens that will cover the opening.

Thanks

I received my DJI corrective lenses yesterday and can't be happier. Now I don't have to wear my reading glasses. I took the advice and added one more correction to my 3.0 prescription that made my order be a 4.0. I am very happy with the Goggles and find this accessory a must for those that need to wear glasses when flying their Mavic Pro in VR mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan