DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PaddyHaig

Reactions
DJI RE goggles are very problematic. I purchased a set a few days back, took them home, set them up, following the instructions to the letter. Activated them via DJI Assistant 2, Updated the software to the latest firmware, configured them to connect to my DJI Mavic Pro. Briefly tested them out, everything was fine!
Then shut them down, put them on charge, until fully charged. The following day, I started them up. The video picture came up. However the 'On Screen Display' interface, did not. I tried every button, swipe combination. And NO, they were not in 'Full Screen Mode'. I tried the back button, everything! I sent them back to the retailer as faulty.

The next day I got a second pair of DJI RE googles. Went through the same instructions that came with them to the letter, got them all setup and working as prescribed. Everything looked good, I had a live video feed and the Menu interface with flight data. I shut them down, dismantled the battery headband from the video unit. Put the headband on charge for a couple of hours. Following day, re-assembled them. Started them up and just like the first goggles, a video feed, however NO 'On Screen Display' or flight information layer, or menu's???

Bad show DJI!
OSD
Maybe I will just keep sending them back and the retailer can send me new ones at their cost, until I get a set that works? This will ultimately cost DJI and upset the retailer to the point that they don't want to carry DJI products any more.

While what you say is possible, software is software. It's unlikely you got a special version without OSD. Suggest you call DJI to run you through the proper procedures to get the display. It's very unlikely you got two sets of goggles with the same issue.

Good luck. Don't give up.

Agree.... and when that happens to me it is either one quick tap to the track pad or a press of the back button to return to the normal OSD. My guess is the first pair of goggles were not defective.

By the way there is a dedicated DJI Goggles forum, in case you want to post there, OP.

Mike

Based on what you say, the odds are you are missing something, and it's not the goggles.

Keep us posted.

In all fairness, I too believed that surely the issue could not of affected two sets of goggles. I would like to be out flying my drone rather than @#$% in the wind, trying to get the goggles working correctly. I believe I have tried every combination, of every applicable firmware update. Every combination of swiping and button pushing that I can find documented. So I've turned to those possibly more knowledgeable than myself on the mavicpilots forum to see if they might have any knowledge of this matter or fix's.
I'd also appreciate it if the likes of Robert Mitchell would spare me, their inane troll like remarks. If the is a specific group related to the goggles, then I'd be grateful of a pointer to the name of that group and where I might find it? And I don't feel my goggles are particularly special, as they are presently quite disappointing. If anyone knows a DJI-UK support phone number, I'd again be grateful of the wonderfully knowledgeable patrons of this group.
I do hope to keep those informed, that believe knowledge is a worthwhile pursuit. Peace. :)

So I found the problem! :) Happy days!!! The issue was related to my microSD card that I'd popped into the goggles. Seemingly the wrong format. It was 'Sandisk Ultra U1 32G' formatted to FAT32 16 kilobytes. I'm now reformatting it to FAT32 32 kilobytes. I tries exFAT32 with 32 kilobytes formatting and that didn't work. Crashed the goggles OCD soon as I popped it in. That's why I can't use the goggles own formatting procedure. As soon as the SD card goes in. Gone is the OSD. Gonna have to do some more research on this. Any reasonable and sensible input, much appreciated. :) Now looking at getting high :)

Reactions: hryzec
Glad you found it. As we suspected it wasn’t a special version of the software. Now go fly.

In all fairness, I too believed that surely the issue could not of affected two sets of goggles. I would like to be out flying my drone rather than @#$% in the wind, trying to get the goggles working correctly. I believe I have tried every combination, of every applicable firmware update. Every combination of swiping and button pushing that I can find documented. So I've turned to those possibly more knowledgeable than myself on the mavicpilots forum to see if they might have any knowledge of this matter or fix's.
I'd also appreciate it if the likes of Robert Mitchell would spare me, their inane troll like remarks. If the is a specific group related to the goggles, then I'd be grateful of a pointer to the name of that group and where I might find it? And I don't feel my goggles are particularly special, as they are presently quite disappointing. If anyone knows a DJI-UK support phone number, I'd again be grateful of the wonderfully knowledgeable patrons of this group.
I do hope to keep those informed, that believe knowledge is a worthwhile pursuit. Peace. :)
Troll like?
I simply stated my opinion that it must be something other than the goggles and you take offense to that? You did see me say, keep us posted, right?
Sorry, if my reply wasn't to your expectations.
You obviously need to chill.

So I found the problem! :) Happy days!!! The issue was related to my microSD card that I'd popped into the goggles. Seemingly the wrong format. It was 'Sandisk Ultra U1 32G' formatted to FAT32 16 kilobytes. I'm now reformatting it to FAT32 32 kilobytes. I tries exFAT32 with 32 kilobytes formatting and that didn't work. Crashed the goggles OCD soon as I popped it in. That's why I can't use the goggles own formatting procedure. As soon as the SD card goes in. Gone is the OSD. Gonna have to do some more research on this. Any reasonable and sensible input, much appreciated. :) Now looking at getting high :)
Check my post in the dji goggles forum here about how my goggles slowed to a crawl when I used it with a memory card. Also a Sandisk card, which works fine in my Mavic Pro. Not so in the goggles. So I don’t use the goggles with a memory card anymore.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+