DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI LUT DLog-M a Rec709 LUT issues

Andrea1976

Reactions
Hi everybody
have you ever tried the DJI out for Mavic 2 pro? the DLog-M a Rec709 LUT?
in my footages it underexpose and oversaturate the whole timeline affecting non only a single clip but everything. So I've to make a full color correction of every clip. Also in bright sunlight the footage appear to be underexposed and oversaturated. in low light condition is unusable.. I prefer import the clips and make color correction one by one starting from the untouched dlog file..

what's your experience?

an exemple below
picture one is the original file. I think is correctly exposed I should only make color correction.
picture 2 is the dlog image..
cheers78020
Schermata 2019-07-22 alle 11.01.45.png78021Schermata 2019-07-22 alle 11.03.51.png

Firstly, is your display calibrated? You need that to get an accurate judge.

For me the DJI LUT over saturates a lot, in particular the greens and so on which creates an artificial look. I end up dialing it down to 80% or so intensity as an editing starting point and go from there.

Also, what settings are you shooting the DLOG in on the drone? These can affect the file and therefore how the LUT affects it.

hi
those clip are 30 fps dlog 4k 1/60 f3.5 (or close I don't remember)

I didn't calibrate the monitor (I've never mind to do, that could be my new frontier)

thanks!

I mean sharpness, contrast, saturation settings as opposed to video settings.

With the monitor a lot of newer computers are annoying in that they have features designed to make movie and photos playback look "nicer" so they dynamically adjust contrast, saturation and all kinds of other things which obviously means its impossible to tell what the video *actually* looks like.
Add that to every display needing colour calibration with a hardware device and some work is needed before a proper, true judgment cant be made.
Having said that though, like i said, the original LUT does to me oversaturate substantially and has to be used with the intensity toned down as a starting point.

Reactions: Andrea1976
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoosiergsp