DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DLogM LUT (DJI) wayy too dark

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm enjoying the DLogM option on the Mavic 3 Pro but have found the DLogM LUT to be way too dark and the standard Mavic 3 DLog LUT to be nearly perfect. I tend to underexpose to ensure the whites are not blown out but even if I first color adjust to bring up the highlights and then apply the DLog M LUT it is way too dark. Might this just be a FCP issue or do others see this in other NLE's?

Reactions: projectarjun
Hi, I suppose D-Log M on the Mavic 3 has not the same color space as D-Log M on older drones and that's why the "old" LUT doesn't work fine. Seems to be the same with D-Log where DJI published two new LUT's only for the Mavic 3 D-Log.

Check my post in this forum where I compare LUT and Color Space Transformation on the Mavic 3 D-Log M.
Perhaps we get a new Mavic 3 D-Log M LUT in the future...

There is no DLog M LUT..is there? I thought DLog M was new.The "old" LUT was created for pure DLog as I understood it. I'll check your post - thanks. Regardless...I'm super happy with using the DLog LUT and being able to have clouds that are not blown out blows me away.

Oh yes, DJI published at least one D-Log M to Rec.709 LUT for the Mavic 2 and the Mavic Air 2s, you can find it on their webpage here for example. Scroll all the way down and you find the LUT for Mac and Windows.

I'm enjoying the DLogM option on the Mavic 3 Pro but have found the DLogM LUT to be way too dark and the standard Mavic 3 DLog LUT to be nearly perfect. I tend to underexpose to ensure the whites are not blown out but even if I first color adjust to bring up the highlights and then apply the DLog M LUT it is way too dark. Might this just be a FCP issue or do others see this in other NLE's?
yes, it's too dark compared to DLOG (real)

DJI LUTs are pretty clinical looking and don't match. The Skygrades LUTs match between Dog and Dlog-M - as long as you match your exposure.

DJI LUTs are pretty clinical looking and don't match. The Skygrades LUTs match between Dog and Dlog-M - as long as you match your exposure.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas