DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone found in Namibia. How do I find the owner?

jackyblack

Reactions
I found an abandoned Mavic Air 2 drone in good condition on the summit of a remote mountain in Namibia. The last camara file shows the footage of a grand scenery from high above as the drone flies in reverse while being controlled from the desert floor, some 200m (660') below. You see as it hits something and tumbles down. Date stamp Sep 2021, 6 months ago. There is a QR code as well as a sticker with what looks like a aviation registration number. However, the number starts with FRA, while the US FAA number would start with FA, correct? Does anybody know which country this is and what to do with it?

I looked through the files and saw pictures of his girl friend (?) and scenery as well as him and his truck from far, so couldn't read the license plate. But looks like a Namibian plate and no rental car sticker. This is a camping area so they are likely tourists.

Some additional info: The file names start with 0001 up to 0088 over the span of 2 days, as if this was the first time he's using it. The summit has a log with the last entry from 2018, definitively a lesser climbed one. I didn't have a bag with me so ended up down climbing one handed. I contacted dji to forward my info to the owner, but haven't hear back yet.

I found an abandoned Mavic Air 2 drone in good condition on the summit of a remote mountain in Namibia. The last camara file shows the footage of a grand scenery from high above as the drone flies in reverse while being controlled from the desert floor, some 200m (660') below. You see as it hits something and tumbles down. Date stamp Sep 2021, 6 months ago. There is a QR code as well as a sticker with what looks like a aviation registration number. However, the number starts with FRA, while the US FAA number would start with FA, correct? Does anybody know which country this is and what to do with it?

I looked through the files and saw pictures of his girl friend (?) and scenery as well as him and his truck from far, so couldn't read the license plate. But looks like a Namibian plate and no rental car sticker. This is a camping area so they are likely tourists.

Some additional info: The file names start with 0001 up to 0088 over the span of 2 days, as if this was the first time he's using it. The summit has a log with the last entry from 2018, definitively a lesser climbed one. I didn't have a bag with me so ended up down climbing one handed. I contacted dji to forward my info to the owner, but haven't hear back yet.
Thanks for making the effort to locate the owner. Have you tried posting an image and message on Facebook or Instagram or similar? If the flight log can be posted here, I don’t know if it might contain more drone details. My Air 2 has my name in the Fly app screen but I am guessing that this resides on my iphone 11 Pro. Pity it doesn’t embed itself on to the SD card or internal memory files. Maybe it does. See if anyone here has more info. Cheers 👍😎🇳🇿

Stumbled onto this site....
Found a drone but have put way too much time into finding the owner. any suggestions?
-DS

Reactions: Dumeinao
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998