DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mavic Air 2? Recommended Sd card.

TudorCapitanu

Reactions
Hi guys. I just pre order a Dji Mavic Air 2, and i asked the guys from that shop if they could tell me what type of sd card should i buy for the drone but they werent able to answer to the question. Can you tell me what is the recommended speed for the micro sd? I put my eyes on this one Kingston MicroSD 128GB UHSI U3 4K 90MBs. Is it ok? Thank you.

Welcome.

Mavic Air 2 has max video bitrate of 120 Mbps, which translates to 15 MB/s. DJI recommends SanDisk (SanDisk Extreme, SanDisk Extreme Plus, SanDisk Extreme Pro, NOT SanDisk Ultra), V30 and higher rated SD card will be more than enough. Don't go and buy the biggest one available (Air 2 will accept cards up to 256 GB), but rather get few smaller ones (32 GB, 64 GB) in case of crashes, flyaway, SD card failure and possible data loss. Try to change SD cards whenever you land to change battery.

Welcome.

Mavic Air 2 has max video bitrate of 120 Mbps, which translates to 15 MB/s. DJI recommends SanDisk (SanDisk Extreme, SanDisk Extreme Plus, SanDisk Extreme Pro, NOT SanDisk Ultra), V30 and higher rated SD card will be more than enough. Don't go and buy the biggest one available (Air 2 will accept cards up to 256 GB), but rather get few smaller ones (32 GB, 64 GB) in case of crashes, flyaway, SD card failure and possible data loss. Try to change SD cards whenever you land to change battery.

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Dedal
good advice there from@Dedal,especially given the increased flight time of the MA2

Reactions: Dedal
Welcome.

Why not the SanDisk Ultra?
I'm using Lexar 1000x V60 UHS-II U3 C10 but having issues getting anything off the card. WMP says my sound device is being used elsewhere possibly or missing. I've tried reinstalling drivers and a PC restart. Any ideas?

(It worked in my Spark two days ago)

The OP wanted recommendation for Air 2 SD card. Air 2 has max video bitrate of 120 Mbps, which translates to 15 MB/s. Look at the Ultra's max write speed in the pic:
View attachment 100988
That's crazy!

Why is something Ultra worse than extreme?

I own an S20ultra and would be miffed if there was something better. What's the point of the "ultra" tag then.

Edit: figured out the Lexar problem... My PC can't handle h.265

Reactions: itsneedtokno
That's crazy!

Why is something Ultra worse than extreme?

I own an S20ultra and would be miffed if there was something better. What's the point of the "ultra" tag then.

Edit: figured out the Lexar problem... My PC can't handle h.265

They forgot to tell to the buyers that if you want to record 4k/60 fps h.265 you would likely need a new laptop (my case).:)))

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Same here. Went with HP Spectre x360 (early'19 model)

For those money you should think at a gaming laptop. My choice is a LENOVO Legion Y40 on this one you can do also 8k video editing or a cheaper choice Assus Rog Zephyrus s ultra slim G531G. Both of them are similar in specs.

For those money you should think at a gaming laptop. My choice is a LENOVO Legion Y40 on this one you can do also 8k video editing or a cheaper choice Assus Rog Zephyrus s ultra slim G531G. Both of them are similar in specs.
I got a factory refurb for $999

i7, 512 SSD, 16GB, IPS 4K touch screen...

ALSO, and this is big... I'm still using a laptop from 2012 at the moment. It's time to upgrade already

Y have SanDisk Ultra 64 gb and with crystaldiskmark i obtain read 90 MB/s and 60 MB/s write
y think Sandisk Ultra is valid to mavic air 2 4K 60FPS

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro