DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mavic air 2s (unable to takeoff 30064)

Dron3guy

Reactions
I bought a DJI mavic air 2s from an auction. I just recieved the drone but its bound to another controller which that which didn't come with with the drone. I am unable to unbind the drone without the original controller and so I cannot fly it, it comes up with the error 'unable to fly 30064'. I cannot contact the original owner as I bought it from an auction. Is there anyway I can unbind the drone to the controller?

You just need to log in with your DJI account , That will allow you to do anything you need, but you cannot do it as guest.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain Land on the Water.

You just need to log in with your DJI account , That will allow you to do anything you need, but you cannot do it as guest.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain Land on the Water.
Not so sure about that. There have been several other similar reports where the found/pawned drone cannot be rebound to another account without first being released from the unknown original account by the originally bound controller, and DJI won’t help, saying it is a theft deterrent. Might only be able to use it for parts.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Not so sure about that. There have been several other similar reports where the found/pawned drone cannot be rebound to another account without first being released from the unknown original account by the originally bound controller, and DJI won’t help, saying it is a theft deterrent. Might only be able to use it for parts.
As of now ,< there is nothing in place by DJI to block any drone , and no theft deterrent. The Op should have no issues once logging in with a DJI account .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

@Dron3guy , you can probably settle any debate about whether you can or can not fly a bound drone by :-
1) In the fly app and with a screen-capture-app, or other camera, recording the screen, logging into your DJI account and trying to start the motors with the CSC command. Include the consequences of touching the error message and any subsequently available options. Obviously do not include anything that violates your privacy etc.
2) Upload the video to somewhere and post a link to it.

Besides it may be a useful reference for others, if you wish to blank out what the drone's camera sees place a book or card etc. in front of the camera

In my case and having neither care refresh nor flyaway on a Mini 2 I was able to bind the drone to a DJI account and then fly it with a different and completely unrelated DJI account, I did get a message that the drone was bound.
I saw no option to bind the controller to something .....which is I believe a necessary part of the flyaway proceedure and maybe what facilitates the grounding of a drone if infact grounding is possible.
I believe grounding to be possible.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
As of now ,< there is nothing in place by DJI to block any drone , and no theft deterrent. The Op should have no issues once logging in with a DJI account .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Well, then let's see how how it works out for him.
There are several other threads with a similar tale of woe.
My understanding was, without access to the original account or controller, it was not possible. Happy to be wrong. Maybe it was only for the Fly Away protection, where an unbound controller can only be used 5 times.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Do you have drone that needs to be unbound?
No, but all of us, including the OP, would like to know how to do so. Do you work for DJI and are able to do so internally, or is there some other way to unbind it, available to everyone, without DJI’s help, that you can share with us?

May be unrelated but I was getting the same code and turning on the location on the phone itself fixed it. Was the same code so maybe?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard