DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"UNABLE TO TAKE OFF" MESSAGE

Gramps44

Reactions
I just did the RID update on my Air 2. Now I cannot fly it!!!!! The update loaded fine. when I try to fly I get a message on the controller screen "unable to take off". Tap the message and the is an error code 30064. No idea what to do do now.

Just spent a hour on the phone with DJI tech service without any fix!!!!! Now I'm dead in the water until they figure out what's wrong. They say it might take up to 10 days to get back to me.

I had the same problem with my Mavic Air 2 after the last update. I took off the DJI Fly app from my phone and re-installed it, and that took care of the problem. It works fine now with no error code. I've heard others with this problem and that took care of it for them also when they seen the "unable to take off" after an update.

Reactions: Dbez1
I just did the RID update on my Air 2. Now I cannot fly it!!!!! The update loaded fine. when I try to fly I get a message on the controller screen "unable to take off". Tap the message and the is an error code 30064. No idea what to do do now.
Take the DJI Fly app off your phone and re-install it. It will get rid of the error code and you can fly again. I worked for me.

Reactions: Dbez1 and rickfmdj
I'm having the same error code 30064 after update. You say to delete DJI FLY and re-install it. Do you still get it from the play store? I think I read somewhere where you have to get it from DJI now. Is that still true? My wife has been ill for 2 yr's so I've been kind out of touch. What a mess!!! Thanks for any help.

I'm having the same error code 30064 after update. You say to delete DJI FLY and re-install it. Do you still get it from the play store? I think I read somewhere where you have to get it from DJI now. Is that still true? My wife has been ill for 2 yr's so I've been kind out of touch. What a mess!!! Thanks for any help.
From inside dji site!!! Not aviable whith play store!!!

I got mine from DJI. The play store didn't have it anymore when I looked.

I purchased a rm500 smart controller online and obviously got ahead of myself by pairing the smart controller to my drone before unbinding the original remote. I attempted to follow the unbind instructions and now ended up with the new controller in the "unBle to fly" state, the new controller stating it is already bound to another aircraft and now no devices listed under the old remote.

I called DJI tech support, did the Fly app update, checked that the firmware was updated. They can't figure it out, told me they had to escalate the issue and would be emailing me to send them back photos of my profile screens. No email after 24 hours, although he didn't say when they would send the email. The fly app launches and connects to my MA2 but I get the code 30064, can not fly message.

Any suggestions?

Need to update dji fly app also

Need to update dji fly app also

Late to the party, I just did the update and got the unable to fly error. I uninstalled DJI Fly, and then searched on the Google Play store to reinstall it. The app isn't on the store. So I reinstalled it from my uninstalled library, however, version 1.2 was re-installed and unable to update. So I went to the DJI website and the download link doesn't seem to work. I had to download the app from the QCode and sideload it. That sideload seems to have worked, it also then updated the remote control firmware.

Jeez, you have to be a rocket scientist just to have a little fun in the back 14 acres these days. Hardly worth it to spend a day updating and all the hassle for a bit of recreation...

So THEN I went to update B4UFly. It updated but gave me some message about FAA issuing permission to four companies to oversee the program, and go to FAA to get it. But there are no links on the FAA site for the B4UFly app!. OR am I missing them?

Late to the party, I just did the update and got the unable to fly error. I uninstalled DJI Fly, and then searched on the Google Play store to reinstall it. The app isn't on the store. So I reinstalled it from my uninstalled library, however, version 1.2 was re-installed and unable to update. So I went to the DJI website and the download link doesn't seem to work. I had to download the app from the QCode and sideload it. That sideload seems to have worked, it also then updated
All DJI firmware updates are now done through DJI Downloads, not through Play Store. Simple pick and download system.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas