DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Thanks, yes I've done some minor grading. The trick with the Mavic I think is that because it has such a "thin" codec and low bit rate for 4K you have to get it as close to right as you can "in the air" before the edit suite as there is very little wriggle room for grading. I have tweaked it slightly, mostly highlights a touch down and shadows and saturation slightly up.
I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. I reckon the filters will get here before the Mav lol...
I forgot to ask earlier, was your vid shot in art?

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. I reckon the filters will get here before the Mav lol...
I forgot to ask earlier, was your vid shot in art?
Yes the filters might turn up first too! Not sure what you mean by "Art" but I presume that is a preset, I don't know it as I never use them on any of my cameras including LUTS where applicable. I prefer to grade everything in the final cut as I enjoy the process. Just me.

Awesome stuff... some ballsy flying. Did you have any experience flying before the mavic?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Thanks. I've flown rc planes for quite few years. Been building quads for video in the last couple but felt like I was forever trying to get the tuning just right; there's some mixed results you can see on my youtube channel. I could see the DJI products are very good but wasn't too interested in them until the Mavic for the portability, inconspicuousness, image quality and stability which all ticked the boxes for. And it's very easy to fly.

Reactions: SuperDave
Perth, W.A. Got Mavic Mid December, it's lots of fun bird.
Got CASA qualifications early December.

Only issue so far is follow not working even with 16 sats and latest firmware :-/

Only issue so far is follow not working even with 16 sats and latest firmware :-/
What do you need the CASA quals for?
What phone are you using. Follow Me uses the GPS signal from the phone and not your Mavic. Mine works fine although the tracking signal from my S7 edge was a bit choppy last time I used it. Causes the Mavic to jerk around somewhat but the gimbal snmooths this out.

Does your device have gps in it though?

Aha I see. Plenty of scope for commercial work. Have fun.

My Fly More Combo was shipped last week and moved throught the various airports quicky UNTIL it reached Perth! Customs took issue with the valuation apparrently. I contacted DHL who asked my to send a copy of my purchase invoice and proof that I have paid for it. They then tell me it will take 2 - 4 days for customs to process dispatch IF they are satisfied with the documentation supplied. Has anyone else here had a similar issue?

@Spy, had exact same issue with DHL and Perth customs complete **** fight took 6 days to get sorted and don't pay any customs fees if ask, thats already paid for by DJI.
Doesn't sound good at all. I was aware that taxes and duties are paid by DJI but thanks for the advice anyway. How did you eventually get it sorted out? Might help me move through things quicker. Cheers.

@Spy, was on phone every single day asking for updates took 6 days its customs that cause delay then once DHL broker gets go ahead they release it.
Thanks for that. I only have the generic DJI phone number and an email address that a representative gave me so that I could forward my documentation. I will hammer both over the next few days. I've heard of this happening to others on different forums. You would think that DJI would have this figured out by now. Fly safe!

Hey All, Just wanted to drop a line and say gday. Ordered the Fly More Combo last week, 4th from JBHIFI online. Rang my local store to ask on what they have experienced lately in shipping times, told me around 2 to 4 weeks but obviously no guarantees, I see from this thread that a few people have had luck with JB, so fingers crossed i don't have to wait too long.. This will be my first drone, itching to get my hands on it.

Arrived at 9.00am this morning. The hold up in customs appeared to be minimal. @shadesofblack you might have paved the way. Charging up now. The weeks of watching YouTube videos and reading the manual over and over will get put to good use!

Customs seems to be hit and miss. Mine arrived in Sydney Customs at 9pm on Sunday and was held till today when I received a message from DHL saying I needed to provide pricing information to them for it. Within 3 hours of providing the info it was released, but talk about a pain. For those who are having customs issues these are the email addresses I was asked to send details to: [email protected] and [email protected]

I send a forward of the payment confirmation email from DJI, a screenshot of the Fly More Bundle on the DJI website (showing AUD pricing), a link to the store and Fly More bundle, phone number details for all DJI country contact points and pointed out that all customs/import taxes have been paid by DJI as per the bottom of the payment confirmation email.

Hope this helps anyone else who has the customs difficulty. The DHL representative said that they're doing this a lot at the moment.

Hey All, Just wanted to drop a line and say gday. Ordered the Fly More Combo last week, 4th from JBHIFI online. Rang my local store to ask on what they have experienced lately in shipping times, told me around 2 to 4 weeks but obviously no guarantees, I see from this thread that a few people have had luck with JB, so fingers crossed i don't have to wait too long.. This will be my first drone, itching to get my hands on it.

Gday. Yes it's a very good drone, you'll be starting at a high standard of aircraft.
Having said that, there are many videos and forum posts out there of new pilots messing up due to not undertanding it's capabilities, limitations and how all of the features work. To look after your Mavic, take the time to learn how to use/fly it (read and undertsand the whole manual). Start in a good open space, wait until you have 12+ satelites (so return to home will work reliably if you need it), don't rely on visual positioning in low light especialy indoors....
Also know and respect the laws.
Have fun and let us know how you go.

Reactions: SuperDave
Hi all Brissy here,
Desert Aircraft's has them in stock.
Ordered mine yesterday and pick up this afternoon, . Like most I've been watching these since the release, but figured I'd wait till a local store had them in hand rather than jumping on the pre-order bandwagon.
This is a step up from the P3s and can't wait :)

Hi all Brissy here,
Desert Aircraft's has them in stock.
Ordered mine yesterday and pick up this afternoon, . Like most I've been watching these since the release, but figured I'd wait till a local store had them in hand rather than jumping on the pre-order bandwagon.
This is a step up from the P3s and can't wait :)
What part of Brisbane are you from?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots